• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Poll pick 4th round, Russell Okung OT, first pick Charles Brown OT in the second

who do we pick in the 4th round

• Phillip Dillard LB Nebraska

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anthony Dixon RB Mississippi State

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Koa Misi LB Utah

• Amari Spievey CB Iowa

• Brandon Spikes LB Florida

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Linval Joseph DT East Carolina

• John Asamoah OG Illinois

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Jamar Chaney LB Mississippi State

• Sean Lee LB Penn State

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Geno Atkins DT Georgia

• Total voters

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Brown won the coin flip
In the 4th round
Phillip Dillard LB Nebraska
Anthony Dixon RB Mississippi State
Koa Misi LB Utah
Amari Spievey CB Iowa
Brandon Spikes LB Florida
Linval Joseph DT East Carolina
John Asamoah OG Illinois (X)
Jamar Chaney LB Mississippi State
Sean Lee LB Penn State (X)
Geno Atkins DT Georgia

I will try and give information on these players:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64492&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT

Draft Scout Geno Atkins News
03/21/10 - PRO DAY RESULTS: In all, 26 team representatives, including three defensive line coaches, Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff and Falcons coach Mike Smith, were on hand to watch prospects work out outdoors on FieldTurf. Georgia only allowed the players to run with the wind. DT Geno Atkins (6-1, 293), stood on everything from the combine, and did position drills. – Gil Brandt, NFL.com

03/16/10 - Matthew Stafford and Knowshon Moreno may not be taking the field this year for Georgia’s annual Pro Day, but NFL scouts will still line the practice fields Tuesday to watch a number of former Bulldogs perform a variety of agility and athleticism tests in preparation for the NFL Draft in late April. Georgia’s two former starting defensive tackles Geno Atkins and Jeff Owens look to continue their ascent up draft boards, and could even edge their way into the first round with another impressive performance at Pro Day. Atkins had been criticized for his lack of ideal size for defensive tackle at 6-foot-1, 293 pounds. But Atkins silenced those critics with his blend of speed and strength. The defensive prospect posted a 4.74 40-yard dash and 33 reps of 225 and proved that he has potential to play defensive end in a 3-4 defensive scheme in the NFL. Owens blew away scouts with his incredible strength, posting 44 reps of 225 pounds — the second highest total of anyone at the NFL combine and only one rep shy of the all-time record at the combine. Atkins’ and Owens’ numbers may have surprised pro scouts, but they weren’t any surprise to Georgia’s Director of Strength and Condition — Dave Van Halanger — who said Owens benched 545 pounds at Georgia and called Atkins “the most explosive lineman” he’s ever coached. - Nick Parker, RedandBlack.com

02/11/10 - PRO POTENTIAL: DT Geno Atkins recorded one sack in the Senior Bowl and will attend the NFL Combine in Indianapolis later this month. His quickness up the middle against Idaho offensive guard Mike Iupati, the top-ranked guard at the Senior Bowl, impressed some NFL scouts. The 6-2, 286-pound Atkins is projected as a fifth-round pick.

01/31/10 - SENIOR BOWL GAMER: DT Geno Atkins, Georgia: Atkins' burst off the snap disrupted offensive linemen throughout the week of practice. Some observers projected a tough Saturday for Atkins based on his matchup with Idaho offensive guard Mike Iupati, the top-ranked guard in Mobile this week. Atkins' burst and agility was too much for Iupati. Atkins recorded a sack of Oregon State quarterback Sean Canfield in the second quarter. - Rob Rang, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

Brandon Spikes http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1627
2010 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

person
Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
After playing a backup role as a freshman, Spikes helped both his draft stock and the Gators while roaming the middle of the defense in Gainesville. He started all 13 games at middle linebacker as a sophomore and picked up First Team All-SEC honors. He did the same as a junior in 2008, also adding First-Team All-American honors while recording 93 tackles and four interceptions. Spikes did not have a huge senior season, in part because he missed two games. He recorded 68 tackles (6.5 for loss), three sacks, and two interceptions.
One of the games he missed was due to a suspension stemming from a well-documented attempt to gouge out the eyes of a Georgia running back. Spikes has been much-maligned ever since, and it was a hot topic at the recent NFL combine. When asked what he told the scouts, Spikes answered, "I just told them it was the SEC, Florida and Georgia. It's a big rivalry game and there's a lot of emotions going on. I just felt like, if you go back and look at that film, both sides were taking shots at each other."

Whether or not that's what NFL teams want to see or hear, they will certainly like what Spikes has to bring to the table physically. He stands at 6'3'' and has gotten progressively bigger and stronger throughout his career, now registering around 255 pounds. Size is his best asset, but he has adequate speed -- sometimes running under 4.7 in the 40-yard dash. He will make his living at the next level, however, with his instincts and toughness. Spikes is quick to the ball carrier and he is right at home in the hard-hitting SEC. In addition to stopping the run, Spikes is surprisingly efficient in pass defense for a linebacker of his size. Once considered a sure thing first-rounder, Spikes should still hear his name called in round one (although it would be not be a total shock to see him slip into the early second).

Last Updated Feb-28-2010 by Ricky Dimon

Anthony Dixon
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64982&draftyear=2010&genpos=RB
Draft Scout Anthony Dixon News
03/01/10 - The times get the headlines, but watching a player run his 40 can be interesting in itself. Mississippi State's Anthony Dixon, who is a power back like Blount that does not require track speed to be effective, didn't light up the combine with times in the mid-4.6s. However, his effort during the run was very reminiscent of that given on every carry for the Bulldogs. Hopefully for him, teams noticed it while they waited to click the stop button on their stopwatch. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

02/24/10 - 2010 NFL DRAFT SCOUT PRE-COMBINE TOP 64: 58. Anthony Dixon — RB, Mississippi State, 6-1, 245, 2: A big, tough back who can run, catch and block. Critics were skeptical if he was ready to be a team leader after being arrested on a DUI charge in July 2009, but he put that behind him by rushing for a school-record 1,391 yards. - Frank Cooney, USA TODAY/NFL Draft Scout

02/12/10 - PRO POTENTIAL: Mississippi State's potential class of pros isn't exactly deep this year, but there are at least a couple of players heading to the NFL Combine. One, Anthony Dixon, is being talked about as one of the top running backs in the draft. RB Anthony Dixon - An amazing senior year only bolstered his stock, and teams needing a bulky running back (he's 245 pounds) are noticing him. Some analysts are mentioning Dixon in the conversation as one of the top backs in the draft.

Phillip Dillardhttp://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57330&draftyear=2010&genpos=ILB
Draft Scout Phillip Dillard News
03/18/10 - PRO DAY RESULTS: The event was held indoors on FieldTurf at the school, and besides the Rams and Lions, 18 other teams also had representatives in attendance to see a total of eight players work out. LB Phillip Dillard (6-foot 1/4, 242) had a 9-foot, 4-inch broad jump, a 4.53-second short shuttle and did 18 bench press repetitions at 225 pounds. He kept the rest of his numbers from the combine. – Gil Brandt, NFL.com

03/14/10 - TOP RATED NFL DRAFT SCOUT INSIDE LINEBACKERS: Phillip Dillard, Nebraska, 6-0, 245, 4-5: After missing the first two games of the season, Dillard made a conspicuous ascent into the consciousness of teammates, opponents and scouts with a series of take-charge performances. This really began before the 2009 season, when he worked off extra weight and got into the best shape of his life. A heady, intense team leader, Dillard finished last season with 83 tackles, second on the team only to All-America defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, including 11 for a loss. His nine starts were one more than he had total entering the season, partly because of injuries (anterior cruciate ligament in 2006, ankle in 2008). - Frank Cooney, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com/CBS Sports/USA TODAY

02/14/10 - PRO POTENTIAL: LB Phillip Dillard earned a late invite to the Senior Bowl and will be a part of the NFL combine, where he'll have another chance to boost his stock. He's probably a late-round prospect.

01/25/10 - Nebraska linebacker Phillip Dillard may have gotten the break he needed to boost his NFL Draft stock. The Oklahoma native was informed by NU head coach Bo Pelini on Sunday night that he's been selected as a late invite for the Senior Bowl, and he'll report to Mobile, Ala. on Monday. The Senior Bowl is regarded as the most prestigious of the pre-draft all-star games held over the month of January. "When I got that phone call I didn't want to sound like a little girl, but I was yelling and jumping up and down," Dillard said. "I was hyped. Coach Bo (Pelini) told me and he was hyped too. I just couldn't even express how excited and how fortunate and humbled I was to even be in it." Dillard will join NU safety Larry Asante in Mobile this week on the North squad. Practice on Monday begins at 2:45 pm, but Dillard will most likely not practice until Tuesday morning's workout at 9:30 a.m. - Sean Callahan, Huskers Illustrated

01/20/10 - NFL prospects at Nebraska always face a choice between staying in Lincoln or training elsewhere in preparation for the combine or draft, but former Husker linebacker Phillip Dillard said his decision worked itself out for two reasons. First, he wants to keep working with James Dobson, the NU strength and conditioning coach. In addition, Dillard wants to finish work on his degree in sociology (with an eye towards becoming a detective in his post-football career). "I was in between on what I was going to do, but my degree is important to me," said Dillard, who plans to graduate in May. "And obviously this is the best shape I've been in, and Coach Dobson has stayed on me about that so I can be a better player. I trust in everything he's doing." Ahead of Dillard are the Texas vs. the Nation all-star game, Feb. 6 in El Paso, Texas, and the NFL combine, Feb. 24 to March 2 in Indianapolis. Dillard turned out to be one of the best stories of 2009, digging out of an offseason hole to make the most of his senior season. If not for sitting the Huskers' first two games, he likely would have led the team in tackles. He called it "very exciting" to see his future completely change from what it looked like a year ago. "I think what I went through was the best thing for me, and not knowing if I was going to play again was the best thing for me," Dillard said. "Because even if you are humble, it's even more of a humbling experience, and you're more grateful and you're more appreciative of the time you get on the field with your teammates. "When I got the chance to be out there, I didn't want to let them down, so I was doing the best I could to help. Everybody was playing at a high level, so I had to rise to it, too." - Rich Kaipust, Omaha World-Herald

--> [Phillip Dillard Newsfeed]...
Kao Misihttp://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/DE/Koa-Misi.php
Strengths:
Outstanding motor and gives excellent effort --- Very athletic --- Quick and agile with great balance --- Super explosive with a burst --- Terrific strength --- Uses his hands well --- Comfortable in space --- Appears to have fluid hips --- A hard worker --- Versatile --- Still has a lot of upside.

Weaknesses:
Just average size --- Questionable instincts --- Has trouble getting off blocks --- Not a great run defender --- Inconsistent --- Minor durability concerns --- Mediocre sack production --- May not have a true position.

Notes:
Full name is Nawa'akoa Lisiate Foti Analeseanoa Misi --- A three-year starter for the Utes --- Named 1st Team All-MWC in 2009 after earning 2nd Team honors the year before --- Transfer from Santa Rosa Junior College, where he spent one season --- Father, Sione, played football for Hawaii --- A bit of a 'tweener who could project to either defensive end in a 4-3 or outside linebacker in a 3-4 at the next level --- Saw action at both end and tackle in college and was also used standing up at times --- Missed some time with a back injury in 2009 --- Didn't rack up eye-popping statistics or necessarily make a lot of game-changing plays but is a very intriguing prospect due to his impressive physical tools --- Classic Workout Warrior who will likely be selected earlier than he should be by some team that becomes infatuated with his potential.

Linval Joseph http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1265317
01/20/2010 - East Carolina junior defensive tackle Linval Joseph will forego his senior season and enter the 2010 National Football League Draft according to a confirmatory announcement by the league Tuesday. He was included among a list of 53 players released by the NFL who have been granted special eligibility for this year's draft, scheduled for April 22-24. Joseph met the league's three-year eligibility rule and submitted a written application in which he renounced his remaining college football eligibility with the Pirates. The Santa Fe (Fla.) High School product was a two-time All-Conference USA performer who recorded 60 tackles this year - a team-high 13.0 of those coming behind the line of scrimmage for lost yardage. He was credited with five or more stops on six occasions and was the unit's co-leader with 14 quarterback hurries, tallying a combined six in division and conference championship-clinching wins vs. Southern Miss and Houston. In 41 career games, Joseph booked a total of 143 tackles, 29.5 TFLs and 6.5 sacks. The NFL Draft will start in primetime for the first time in 2010. The first round will be held on Thursday, April 22 at 7:30 p.m. (ET). The second and third rounds are set for Friday, April 23 at 6:30 p.m., while rounds 4-7 will be held on Saturday, April 24 at 10:00 a.m. The entire NFL Draft will be televised by NFL Network and ESPN. - East Carolina football
01/19/2010 - The National Football League announced today the names of 53 players who have been granted special eligibility for the 2010 NFL Draft on April 22-24. The NFL Draft will start in primetime for the first time in 2010. The first round will be held on Thursday, April 22 at 7:30 PM ET. The second and third rounds are set for Friday, April 23 at 6:30 PM ET. Rounds 4-7 will be held on Saturday, April 24 at 10:00 AM ET. he entire NFL Draft will be televised by NFL Network and ESPN. Each of the 53 players has met the league's three-year eligibility rule and each has submitted a written application in which he renounced his remaining college football eligibility. The deadline for receiving applications was January 15. The 53 players this year match the total number that was granted special eligibility in 2008. Last year, special eligibility was granted to 46 players. - NFL Media
Jon Asamoah
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1115082
02/16/2010 - PRO POTENTIAL: G Jon Asamoah - A three-year starter, the intelligent Asamoah is one of those guys who just keeps rising on the scouts' chart. He has an invite to the NFL Combine and looks like he'll go in the first three rounds at this point.
01/26/2010 - The Big Ten's good fortune in the postseason seems to be running out. After a strong bowl performance and an excellent showing at the East-West Shrine Game, the Big Ten has endured a rocky start to Senior Bowl week. Wisconsin linebacker/defensive end O'Brien Schofield suffered a torn ACL in Monday's practice, which will sideline him indefinitely and end an impressive pre-draft push. There was more bad news Monday, as Illinois guard Jon Asamoah sustained a shoulder injury that will cause him to miss the game. According to an Illinois official, Asamoah will leave Mobile, Ala., and have his shoulder examined in Phoenix later this week. Asamoah earned second-team All-Big Ten honors in 2009, but could have improved or solidified his draft position with a good performance at the Senior Bowl. He's projected as a second- or third-round pick in April's draft. - Adam Rittenberg, ESPN

Sean Lee
http://www.bgobsession.com/showthread.php?t=13862

Draft Scout Snapshot: DS Rating on 9/1/09: #2 ILB, #44/750 Overall, Projected Rd: 2-3
2009 Senior Bowl Invite…2008: Tore right ACL in spring 2008, missed the entire season. 2007: 13 GP; 12 GS; 54 Sol-138 TT, 10.5 TFL, 3.5 SK, 1 INT, 8 PBU, 3 FR, 3 FF; Ranked second in the Big Ten with 138 tackles, trailing only teammate Dan Connor. Earned second-team all-conference honors. Second on the team with eight pass breakups. A 2008 candidate for the Butkus, Bednarik, Nagurski and Lott honors, he was tied for first in the Big Ten in fumble recoveries and was tied for No. 7 in the conference in forced fumbles. Earned Alamo Bowl Defensive Player-of-the-Game accolades by recording a game-high 14 tackles, one for loss and a pass breakup in the 24-17 victory; earned a berth on the ESPN.com All-Bowl team. Named Big Ten Defensive Player-of-the-Week after posting a team-high seven stops, two for loss and a sack, defended a pass and forced a fumble. Tied for the team lead with 12 stops in the 38-7 win over No. 19 Wisconsin, also made two TFL, including one sack and recovered a fumble to earn ABC/Chevrolet Player-of-the-Game honors. Named Big Ten Co-Defensive Player-of-the-Week after recording a game-high 12 tackles (seven solo) in the Senior Day win over Purdue, also forced two fumbles and making one recovery. Lee made the gamechanging play by stripping the ball from RB Jaycen Taylor and recovering it inside the Penn State one-yard line with Purdue leading, 10-3, in the first quarter. Was on the field for 989 plays, second-highest among all defensive players. 2006: 13 GP; 13 GS; 47 Sol-90 TT, 8 TFL, 5.5 SK, 1 INT, 2 PBU, 1 QBH, 2 FR, 2 FF; His 90 tackles were good for third on the squad. The signature game of his young career came at Wisconsin, as he delivered a career-high 13 tackles (seven solo), with two sacks (minus-23 yards), recovered two fumbles and forced the first fumble of his career. Lee was on the field for 823 snaps. He was selected Academic All-Big Ten. 2005: 8 GP; 0 GS; 6 Sol-11 TT; The coaching staff couldn’t keep the talented Lee off the field, as he made his collegiate debut against Ohio State in the prime time thriller in Beaver Stadium. He made a season-high five stops against Florida State in a strong performance in the FedEx Orange Bowl. Lee earned the most extensive playing time (49 snaps) of his rookie season after Paul Posluszny left the game with a knee injury. His efforts helped the Nittany Lions hold Florida State to 12 first downs, 26 rushing yards and three-of-17 third-down conversions. He also made four tackles at Illinois. He was on the field for 163 plays over the last seven games. Lee earned Dean’s List recognition during the fall semester. Personal: Brother, Conor, was a place-kicker for the University of Pittsburgh.

Amari Spievey
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36005
#19, Iowa starting Cornerback
- 6'0", 192lbs, 4.40 forty.

He is quietly rising to the top of the chart of Cornerbacks. He constantly is blanketing the receivers, while coming up and being physical in the run game too. He makes great plays on the ball. He has the physical tools to jam at the line of scrimmage and the speed to keep up with any receiver you throw at him. He also has hops and can leap with any receiver. One of his better physical attributes isn't only his speed and size, but he has fairly long arms as well.

Jamar Chaney LB Mississippi State
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=76548&draftyear=2010&genpos=ILB
Draft Scout Snapshot: DS Rating on 9/1/09: #5 ILB, #92/750 Overall, Projected Rd: 3-4
2009 Senior Bowl Invite…2009 East-West Shrine Invite…2008: 1 GP; 1 GS; 5 Sol-12 TT; Started the only game he played during an injury-shortened season … Had 12 tackles in that brief appearance, the third double-digit tackle performance in his career … Suffered a broken leg on the next-to-last play of the season opener and a medical redshirt was requested to regain his final year of eligibility. 2007: 13 GP; 12 GS; 41 Sol-89 TT, 3.5 TFL, 4 PBU, 4 QBH; Earned second-team, All-Southeastern Conference by the league’s coaches … Led the Bulldogs with 89 total tackles … Made a spring-time move from outside linebacker inside to the middle and started during his junior season at that spot … Was sidelined most of State’s Week 8 game at West Virginia when he sustained a medial collateral ligament strain in Morgantown … Limited by an ankle sprain which curtailed his preparation for State’s Week 9 game at Kentucky, he did not make the opening call in Lexington and had just three tackles. 2006: 12 GP; 11 GS; 35 Sol-66 TT, 7.5 TFL, 2.5 SK, 1 QBH, 1 FR; Starting 11 times at weak side linebacker … Finished third on the club with 66 total tackles. 2005: 11 GP; 3 GS; 14 Sol-31 TT, 1 QBH; Played in all 11 games during his true freshman season, earning three starting calls at weakside linebacker to close the campaign.

After seeing who is available in the 2nd and 4th round I am definitly pro trade down if possible. Depending on the interest in the 4th round here I might do a 5th round. I will probably do the trade down scenerio next week and try to give information on the later round picks.

How serious was the injury to Asamoah? They don't really say. If he does drop to the 4th because of his shoulder injury, then that could be a definite grab if he has been able to recover.

Wow! I picked Spikes and I was worried that I would be the only one. We need another inside linebacker to go with Fletcher!

Wow! I picked Spikes and I was worried that I would be the only one. We need another inside linebacker to go with Fletcher!

Just saw something on him the other day on NFL Network. They said his 40 time was the reason for his fall.

His time was 5.0 for the forty, I heard

That's sounds about right. He was timed just under at his Pro Day I think.

To be honest, I am not sure how much a 40 time really matters with an ILB in the 3-4. Wouldn't one be more concerned with his lateral movement and 6-8 yard bursts?

I think he is a good risk in round 4. He is supposed to be good in coverage. I would actually be surprised to see him there when we pick.

I definitely wouldn't mind Spikes but I just don't think he falls that far. I continued my OL trend and went with Asamoah.

I seriously doubt he'd be available in the 4th, but if he is, Sean Lee would be an absolute STEAL. He did blow his ACL at the beginning of his junior year in '08, but he came back strong his Senior year and was very productive. Tackling machine, incredibly intelligent and instinctive, and the prototypical leader on and off the field.

I've been a Penn State fan since the days of Shane Conlan, and I'd have to say that Sean Lee was one of the best linebackers we've had. Cut from the same mold as Dan Conner and Paul Pozluzney, except a little bigger and faster. Very similar styles, too. Hard-nosed, classic Linebacker U material. Not the fastest guy you'll find, but you'll have a hard time finding a tougher, smarter player with a better nose for the ball.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cfc_OYcPk[/media]

His biggest issue, naturally, is that knee. Had it not been for that injury, he could have been a late 1st rounder or early 2nd, as he was on pace for better numbers than Posluzney and Conner, who went in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, respectively. He's currently predicted to go somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd, but if he slips to the 4th, I'd love to see us grab him because he's got everything you look for in an inside backer, and would be the perfect guy for London to pass the torch to once he steps away from the game.

Spikes ran a 5.1 I believe at his pro day, but I still don't think he'll fall to the 4th.

That said, I'll go for him here. Lee and Misi are other nice options and Dixon could also be a nice change o pace/one cut back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.