• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Ronald Reagan Speaks Out Against Socialized Medicine

Sarge

Prophetic

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdLpem-AAs&feature=related[/media]

Any opinions from those in the medical profession?

Last edited by a moderator:
Prophetic

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdLpem-AAs&feature=related[/media]

Any opinions from those in the medical profession?

Was this his 1950's speech on the ills of socialized medicine?

Edit: Well that was weird. I could not see the link until I quoted Sarge's post.

Was this his 1950's speech on the ills of socialized medicine?

Edit: Well that was weird. I could not see the link until I quoted Sarge's post.

Eh... I can't see anything at all.

Edit: still can't.

There's no video with it. It's just audio. Can you get that much?

There's no video with it. It's just audio. Can you get that much?

I meant audio, not video. My bad. It is the 21st Century and I have a hard time remembering that radio was once the most popular mode of media. :cool4:

When I quoted your post, I got the link but not when I was first looking at this thread.

Now come on Sarge! Go ahead and start that Obama is not a citizen and is a Muslim thread! :anonymous:

Now come on Sarge! Go ahead and start that Obama is not a citizen and is a Muslim thread! :anonymous:

Trouble maker;)

I had this Reagan thing sent to me by a friend and just found it interesting that with the exception of a few dated references, it sounded like he was talking about todays health care debacle. Especailly wen he was talking about the insidious creep of the government into every corner of our lives

Trouble maker;)

I had this Reagan thing sent to me by a friend and just found it interesting that with the exception of a few dated references, it sounded like he was talking about todays health care debacle. Especailly wen he was talking about the insidious creep of the government into every corner of our lives

I saw that Reagan clip about 4 months ago for this first time and felt the same way you do. It looks like Americans are favoring more entitlements and government control.

I had an interesting conversation with a Brazilian woman today who told me she loves America, but misses the freedoms her country has. I found it interesting. She misses her freedom and lives in the US?

I saw that Reagan clip about 4 months ago for this first time and felt the same way you do. It looks like Americans are favoring more entitlements and government control.

I had an interesting conversation with a Brazilian woman today who told me she loves America, but misses the freedoms her country has. I found it interesting. She misses her freedom and lives in the US?

IMO, we've let too many people into the country that come hear soley for handouts, and we've raised a generation that expects things to be given to them instead of having to work for them. Soon, (it's probably already happened) that kind of mindset will outnumber and outvote people that believe in having to work for a living and we'll continue to see more of what we got last night

Bend over working class Americans

I'll have to send the link to my dad, I know he'll enjoy it.

As to the overall healthcare legislation that was recently passed, well, I don't even really want to get started on that. Unhappy to say the least. I'm for healthcare reform, just not the way Obama & Co. have approached it.

Country's going down the crapper as far as I'm concerned.

Country's going down the crapper as far as I'm concerned.

Better watch out! You'll end up with me on Naplitano's right wing extremist list talking like that.

Interesting story from the other day. I bumped into a friendwho carries her husband on her insurance. She was near tears because that morning she had gotten a note from her employer saying their rates were going to go up 50%. SHe doesn't make that much so she's extremely worried.

Unfortunately, it's porbably only the beginning of stories like that

So Keest, you're in the medical field if I remember correctly, right?

Tell folks how it's gonna effect you. I already get tons of stories from Mrs Sarge, I need some new ones.

Interesting story from the other day. I bumped into a friendwho carries her husband on her insurance. She was near tears because that morning she had gotten a note from her employer saying their rates were going to go up 50%.

18 months ago we were faced with the same in my small company and so we switched insurers.

Insurers have been implementing huge increases for years. If her insurer is making radical increases because of new legislation it's possible they think they'll have to cover something they didn't before. In the old model they'd just drop your cover and you would be SOL getting cover with a new insurer for that condition. :)

And on the subject of some other changes associated with the new legislation, our insurer (Aetna) who is paid something close to $15k for our family cover per annum, are currently refusing to pay for a relatively cheap prescription medication authorized by our doctor for our son until we try over the counter medications. I don't argue with that as a reasonable approach to curtailing costs, but we already have bureaucrats putting themselves between doctors and families. Whether it's a for-profit bureaucrat at the insurance company or someone else doesn't seem so radical a change to me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.