• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Om Field: PSA: When Servers Crash

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
PSA: When Servers Crash

If you've been looking for BGO or TN today (and really, who could blame you?) and getting that weird crocodilian Hostgator "whoops" page* instead, fear not.

Yes, we've paid our bills.

No, you haven't been banned. Probably.

Both sites will be back up and running as soon as HG finds the unplugged plug someone must have tripped over and ... you know, unplugged.

Meanwhile, all the dreaded "red X" images you see all over this silly blog are not evidence that the Mayans were right. Just another day on the wild and woolly world wide webbian frontier.

Carry on.

More...

Last edited:
And we're back. :)

my gosh..that was the hardest 12 hours of my life..haha
Us too, Mike. At first you're wondering if you've been hacked, or the database got corrupted, whatever. Bad things. The call to the host is a nervous one ... "Um, is it you, or is it us?"

It was them. First time since we went live last July, so I suppose today's hiccup should be viewed as just that. Fingers crossed we're back and solid.

Most important question...

Did you guys miss us? :love:

Most important question...

Did you guys miss us? :love:

I missed us. I was a bit stunned at just how big a part of my day this joint has become. :anxious:

Whew! I thought the Federalies had finally figured out how much productivity is lost on this site and blocked it :paranoid:

Thought the marina I was at banned your site from public wifi... We had a really uncomfortable misunderstanding about the site "extremeSKINS" once.... LMAO Hiccups happen, at least somebody noticed right?? :cheers:

PSA: When Servers Crash

If you've been looking for BGO or TN today (and really, who could blame you?) and getting that weird crocodilian Hostgator "whoops" page* instead, fear not.

Yes, we've paid our bills.

No, you haven't been banned. Probably.

Brings back memories.......

You know what's amazing to me, and maybe one of the most gratifying things here? We don't have to 'moderate'. We just have great members and great Redskins discussion. You guys 'check' each other when it gets a little too rough and tumble.

That speaks volumes...

You know what's amazing to me, and maybe one of the most gratifying things here? We don't have to 'moderate'. We just have great members and great Redskins discussion. You guys 'check' each other when it gets a little too rough and tumble.

That speaks volumes...

Guys, when I first joined ES, there were so many references to the good ole' days before the Redskins took over the site. Is this the good ole' days many of you spoke of?

For me, it certainly is, but I guess each would have to answer that from their own perspective. I think the ability to forge friendships, have civil discussions - hell, have meaningful conversations at all - and to have enough respect for fellow members and the site itself not to let things degenerate into nastiness or chaos, that's what makes a beautiful site.

I think we have that here.

Guys, when I first joined ES, there were so many references to the good ole' days before the Redskins took over the site. Is this the good ole' days many of you spoke of?

The simple answer is "Yes".

I don't hate ES or any of the folks who run that site. This place is just more my speed.

I think we'd probably prefer not to even have discussions about other sites. We all have great friends on lots of different sites and it's not about bashing or comparing anyway. Different strokes for different folks and all.

Besides - I hope one thing that's always true about BGO is that we exhibit class and always elect to take the 'high road' :cheers:

Yep. It's like some people said, it's almost like a tme warp. The reason the other site was formed to begin with is that the core group of us used to hang out on the TSN board, until that became a flame war trash heap, and folks started looking for someplace else to have civil football conversations again.

Sounds like history repeating itself, eh?

The trick here will be to keep the community growing while simulatenously keeping the riff raff out.

that said, they've already let me in here, but I've been pretty good. Haven't started one "Obama is an illegal alien socalist marxist" thread;)

The trick here will be to keep the community growing while simulatenously keeping the riff raff out.

that said, they've already let me in here, but I've been pretty good. Haven't started one "Obama is an illegal alien socalist marxist" thread;)

The problem is the . . . ah . . . "riff raff" is running the joint. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.