• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

slow day more another mock draft that I happen to like

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

I like this one

Round 1

1. St. Louis Rams

Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma: With millions already invested in defensive linemen Chris Long and Adam Carriker, the Rams will ultimately convince themselves that they've spent enough up front. The team passed on Mark Sanchez last season and Matt Ryan in 2008. If Bradford is able to reassure scouts of his health and ability to make the transition to a pro-style offense, he will ascend to the top of general manager Billy Devaney's list -- regardless of what defensive-minded head coach Steve Spagnuola might believe.

2. Detroit Lions

Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska: Just as the Lions were fortunate to have the top prospect in the 2008 NFL draft -- wide receiver Calvin Johnson -- fall into their laps, they'll be in position to swoop up Suh in 2010. Gerald McCoy played in a one-gap, penetrating scheme at Oklahoma similar to the scheme the Lions employ and warrants consideration. Of the two, Suh is the sure prospect and will be embraced by Detroit's blue-collar fan base.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma: The Bucs have been looking for a headliner inside at defensive tackle since future Hall of Famer Warren Sapp left town. McCoy is another gifted interior pass rusher. He would have been the first defensive tackle drafted last year as only a redshirt sophomore and posted 31 tackles, including 14.5 tackles for loss during the regular season in 2009 despite constant double-team blocking.

4. Washington Redskins

Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State: Head coach Mike Shanahan supported incumbent starting quarterback Jason Campbell by giving him a first-round tender, but he can't be as confident in the Redskins' leaky offensive line. Shanahan received immediate dividends for believing in Boise State OT Ryan Clady, the Broncos' first-round choice in the 2008 draft, and could see a similar impact with the steady Okung. He could've been a first-round pick in 2009 and allowed only one sack in the team's 336 pass attempts as a senior.

CLICK LINK FOR 2 FULL ROUNDS

article on draft needs- added:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...t-oline?tag=coverlist_active;coverlist_footer

Last edited by a moderator:
Two Colts on the same team? Are we playing football or running the Kentucky Derby?

McCoy is about the same size/weight as Jake Plummer. He would probably fit the WCO well, but probably not as well as Bradford. I wasn't completely turned off by McCoy when i watched him play this year but he didn't "wow" me at all. Clausen is a guy I'm liking more and more.

I guess if we come out of the first two rounds of the draft with a QB and a OT I'll be happy. If we end up with more than that in some trade down scenario that's even better.

I'm on board with the first selection, but not a fan of the 2nd. McCoy hasn't impressed me all that much.
I'd rather go OL again or possibly RB. We need youth in the backfield. It's not like CP and LJ haven't been hurt in the past and they're not getting any younger.

Yeah, I really hope that we end up with a few o-lineman on draft day. I am not a big fan of McCoy either.

I definitely do not see Shannahan taking a RB in the 2nd. Maybe if we get third rounder somehow or in the 4th, but not within the first two rounds. Unless of course, we trade for extra picks.

I'm not saying I'm a McCoy fan but I have to ask what all the problem with the guy is? All he has done is become the winningest QB in Div 1A college football history and done it in one of the great pressure cookers of college sports. He also managed to do it without the major injury Bradford suffered behind a line that was certainly not in the same league as the Bradford played behind.

National Football Post -

Colt McCoy QB, Texas
NFP Grade: 6.1

Scouting Report:
Colt McCoy: No. 12, QB, 6-2, 210

McCoy is a good athlete for the position who knows how to buy time in the pocket and keep plays alive with his feet. He looks natural when asked to improvise and showcases good accuracy and decision-making on the move. He lacks ideal arm strength and relies on his accuracy and timing in the pass game to make throws outside the numbers. He showcases good anticipation and does a great job letting the ball go early and throwing receivers open on all levels of the field. But he needs to do a better job going through his progressions in the face of danger and finding his second/third reads.

He has a tendency to decide where he's going with the ball before the snap and will stare down his initial read and force the ball into coverage. He has a tendency to drop his eye level too quickly in the face of pressure and doesn't always keep his eyes downfield. He looks limited to more of a West Coast option quarterback but will need time to get comfortable in an offense.

Grade: 6.1

Sounds like he has some of the same issues that Campbell has with finding receivers. In addition, I don't think a "Franchise" QB should be considered "looking limited to a WC option QB".

I'm not saying I'm a McCoy fan but I have to ask what all the problem with the guy is? All he has done is become the winningest QB in Div 1A college football history and done it in one of the great pressure cookers of college sports. He also managed to do it without the major injury Bradford suffered behind a line that was certainly not in the same league as the Bradford played behind.

I can't fault him for winning ball games, of course the rest of the team wasn't too bad either. You know how some guys you watch in college and you just KNOW they are going to have a shot at the next level? I never get that feeling watching Colt. Of course my feelings in the matter don't mean squat. I hope the coaches have evaluated him more thoroughly than I have. If they decide he's worth taking in the 2nd I have no problem with that.

He has a pro day on the 29th. We'll see if he gets a bump from that. He is coming off an injury but claims he's 100% now.

Sounds a lot like this scouting report..."He can thread the needle, but usually goes with his primary receiver and forces the ball to him even when he's in a crowd. He's a gutty, gambling, cocky type. Doesn't have great tools, but could eventually start."

It was written in 1979 about Joe Montana.

Not that McCoy is going to be Montana, of course. Just sayin', there is no such thing as the perfect QB prospect for all systems coming out of college.

I hear what your saying. But like Hog Fever, my gut feeling is he's not the one. Of course "My gut feeling" has probably been wrong as much as it has been right.
I just think there are better options than Colt McCoy. If we draft him though, then I'm on board 100%.

My gut feeling told me Aaron Rodgers would never amount to anything. He was too frail (frame wise) and had a weak arm coming out of college. My gut feeling now tells me that my gut feeling is wrong a lot of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.