• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Text input into the reply box and the dreaded "back button"

Dead Money

, Mike Wise HATE'r
Reaction score
OK I'm a clutz. This has been proven over and over again. I cut my hands, I jam my fingers, I have participated in most of the extreme sports before they had a label.

In other words, I have BIG - dumb - hands.

Ever since I have been working back in the yacht world, I've reluctantly switched back to a laptop. Next to my arrow button is a "back a page button" .. it sucks so bad that I've considered pulling it out!

Anyway on a lot of sites, if I hit back or backspace and the page changes and then hit forward to correct the mistake (normally while proofreading my posts), any text I've entered re-appears.... On this site it doesn't.

I thought I'd mention it, do with it as you will. You fellas have always been positive with any suggestions so there it is.

Love the site, :clap2: I really don't know why I spend so much time on ES anymore... I guess its just a bad habit. LOL

Anybody who might know how I can correct this locally on my browser (FF 3.6), please chime in! THANKS!

Kevin

Interesting ... and a new one on me. We'll look into it and see what if anything we can do on this end. If you have a chance, can you try it on a couple different browsers to see if it's the same for each? No rush obviously.

Thanks for the kind words, btw. You are official nominated to host the first BGO Carribbean Blowout Cruise. :)

Dead Money,

I just did a little playing around with this. I am seeing what you are seeing if I use the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the thread. However, if I had the "Go Advanced" button and use that to Reply to a thread, I have the protection you are looking for. If I go back a page and then return to my Reply, my previously typed text is preserved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.