• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Carter for Carriker trade rumors fly

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
I noticed this while browsing around other NFL team fan forums and decided to trace it down. It apparently started with Jason LaCanfora's story about the Redskins being interested in Rams DT Adam Cariker but it has spread-I found threads about it on Rams, Chiefs and even Cardinals forums-and then this from an article posted on the St. Louis Globe-Democrat's site;

By Howard Balzer

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Simply noting

An NFL Network report said the Redskins, with Jim Haslett as defensive coordinator, have approached the Rams about acquiring defensive tackle Adam Carriker. When he was in the draft in 2007, Carriker was projected as a 3-4 end or 4-3 tackle. The Redskins appear to be switching to a 3-4 and because defensive end Andre Carter doesn’t fit that defense.

Washington is apparently attempting to interest the Rams in Carter, especially if James Hall and/or Leonard Little don’t re-sign.

Little did not visit New Orleans as expected this week, while Hall did, but no contract has yet to be signed. ...

Article link: http://www.globe-democrat.com/news/2010/mar/13/sale-rams-not-agenda-upcoming-nfl-meetings/

Posts on other team threads actually tend to applaud the idea-some even calling a win-win for both teams. I now have a couple of questions-first, has anyone else run across any more info on this and, second, whaddya think of the idea? I can see a certain logic to it, since Haslett coached Carriker in St. Louis.

It would make sense IF it's what Haslett thinks he needs to succeed in using a 3-4. Seeing that it originated with JLC, I'm thinking it was just speculation on his part to begin with. He's been known to do that. ;)

Carter won't be on the opening day roster IMO, whether the Rams trade goes down or not.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The Rams and Skins will be doing some dealing it may have Carter in it but you can bet that its going to involve that #1 overall pick. I think Shanahan wants Bradford.

The Rams and Skins will be doing some dealing it may have Carter in it but you can bet that its going to involve that #1 overall pick. I think Shanahan wants Bradford.

That would be a very bad move. We have only 5 picks and have needs for both starting left and right tackles, not to mention LB, CB, FS and depth and we trade up to #1 for Bradford?

Carter and #4 might get there, but I doubt it. Either way, it's still a very bad move.

Did I read somewhere that Carter has a no trade clause? If so, would he accept a trade to another rebuild team, one that might need more rebuilding needed here in DC?

Did I read somewhere that Carter has a no trade clause? If so, would he accept a trade to another rebuild team, one that might need more rebuilding needed here in DC?

He does. And he has said he'd rather stay with the Skins. I think he'd be up for a trade only if that team would allow him to play 4-3 all the time, has a chance to win and would possibly increase his guaranteed #'s.

I think the next few weeks will be what the front offices uses to decide on any pre-draft moves. They're going to be meeting with these guys a lot.

I think it would be very interesting to go through an NFL offseason conditioning program. I know I could never hack training camp. But I think showing up at like 7am, working out. Watching some film. Running a few drills would be very cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.