• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TE SEAN RYAN

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
108177.jpg

TE SEAN RYAN

Height: 6-5 Weight: 260 Age: 29
Born: 3/27/1980 Buffalo , NY
College: Boston College
Experience: 7th season
High School: St. Joseph's HS [Kenmore, NY]; Worcester Acad. [MA]

Redskins Add Ryan to Tight Ends Corps

The Redskins have signed free agent tight end Sean Ryan, the team announced on Thursday.

Ryan is a 6-year NFL veteran who has had stints with six NFL teams, most recently with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Ryan adds more depth to the Redskins' tight ends, a unit that includes two-time Pro Bowler Chris Cooley and youngster Fred Davis.

With Ryan on board, it appears the Redskins will not retain Todd Yoder, who is an unrestricted free agent.

Ryan has seen action in 53 career games, including 15 starts. He has totaled 26 receptions for 240 yards and two touchdowns in his career.

In 2009, Ryan appeared in 10 games, with eight starts, for the Chiefs. He caught 14 passes for 135 yards and two touchdowns.

Ryan signed with the Chiefs as an unrestricted free agent on April 21, 2009, after spending parts of the 2008 season with the San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints and Miami Dolphins.

Ryan entered the NFL as a fifth-round draft pick (144th overall) by the Dallas Cowboys in the 2004 NFL Draft.

After appearing in nine games during two seasons in Dallas (2004-05), Ryan was traded to the New York Jets in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick on Aug. 31, 2006.

In two seasons in New York (2006-07), Ryan appeared in 26 games, with four starts, and caught nine passes for 90 yards.

Ryan played college football at Boston College, where he caught 75 passes for 950 yards and 12 touchdowns in four years.

Ryan is a native of Buffalo, N.Y.

I think this guy takes Yoder's position and nothing more. Other threads and boards people are speculating that this means the end of Davis or Cooley. But, those two guys have different skill sets than Ryan. Ryan was brought in to be a blocker and that is what he will do. The other two are going to be the guys catching the passes and are hard as heck to bring down.

I am excited about the possibilities of having two excellent pass catching TE on the field at the same time.

again with me time will tell but i,m good with what has been done thus far with no big splashes in free agency....

I think this guy takes Yoder's position and nothing more. Other threads and boards people are speculating that this means the end of Davis or Cooley. But, those two guys have different skill sets than Ryan. Ryan was brought in to be a blocker and that is what he will do. The other two are going to be the guys catching the passes and are hard as heck to bring down.

Yeah, people seem to forget we had 3 TEs on the roster pretty much every year in recent memory. When Gibbs was here, we had 4 TEs on the roster at some points! Yoder is leaving, this is his replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.