• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jeremy Jarmon, new Redskin draftee, Q&A

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
To read comments by new Redskins' draftee Jeremy Jarmon, click here

He won't be making that mistake again. He'll only be allowed to take what the team tells him take. To me, it looks like a timing issue. It was the offseason for him and he's trying to be proactive in keeping his weight down before starting to run and lift and get ready for Spring ball. He should have checked with the Training staff at UK but maybe they weren't as readily available as an NFL Training for the Skins would be. Who knows? It's a hard lesson to learn and almost unfair but, hopefully, it will be to our benefit.

What does everyone think of his reasons for taking that supplement?

Young, dumb, and full of...fish pills? :doh1:

Hey, he made a mistake and paid a pretty big price for it. Must of been something with ephedrine in it. Life goes on.

Hopefully this situation has taught him a valuable lesson on how great of an opportunity he has and to not waste it. I really hope this selection pays off.

I have been thinking about how the "Skins" burned a third round draft pick for next year, or at least that is the way some in the media are stating it. In this situation they haven't really burned a pick, since they are getting a young player a year earlier than they would have if they waited until next year to draft someone. Training camp next year he will have a years experience under his belt if he manages to make the team.

The situation with the dietary supplement is unfortunate but it happened, lesson learned and I'm sure that he will be much more careful in the future. Its not like he took some type of illegal drug or a steroid to increase his performance.

I have been thinking about how the "Skins" burned a third round draft pick for next year, or at least that is the way some in the media are stating it. In this situation they haven't really burned a pick, since they are getting a young player a year earlier than they would have if they waited until next year to draft someone. Training camp next year he will have a years experience under his belt if he manages to make the team.

I looked at it with the opinion that we "wasted" a draft pick at first too. But I agree with you that we possibly got some good value here. I think it was ESPN that reported that he would likely have been a 2nd round pickup in the 2010 draft anyway.

I'm comfortable with giving a 3rd rounder to get him. He seems like a smart guy and his performance at UK speaks for itself. He may not be starting every game this year but like you said, he'll have solid year of experience under his belt. If nothing else, he is great depth on the defensive line, something that we needed desperately.

In one offseason, we've gone from having an average to below-average defensive line to having one that looks to be in the top of the league (at least on paper). I think if everyone stays healthy, this DL is going to cause some trouble for the rest of the NFC East.

Sometimes our FO makes moves that leaves me scratching my head. This was not one of them. I had check a couple of time to make sure it was our Redskins that made this move. :silly:

I am quite happy with giving up a third round pick for him. Getting him like this is almost like the way we got Hall last year. Really you get to see what he has got, and its not costing that much.

Edit: I guess i should figure out the smilies before i try and use them :D

Last edited:
New England and KC both put in fourth round claims on Jarmon. So, reasoned personnel executives did in fact review Jarmon's situation and viewed him as an asset.

The question became how much to give up for him?

Since it was obvious that the 0-16 Lions would be looking to upgrade their DL, it was safe to figure that with their pick at the top of each round that in order to get Jarmon the Redskins were going to have to take him in the round PRIOR or work out something with Detroit offline so the Lions didn't select him.

But then you had Pioli and the Chiefs sitting there with a 2-14 record waiting to receive him.

So, for all those that thought the Redskins overpaid by taking him a round early, I want one of these critics to explain HOW the Redskins could have obtained Jarmon and NOT surrendered a #3 pick.

Really, though, what's not to like here?

A defensive end that is 6'3 and 278, plays the run and the pass and is 21 years old.

If Jarmon had played as a senior and had a season that approached his sophomore season he would have likely been a late #1 to mid #2 pick.

New England and KC both put in fourth round claims on Jarmon. So, reasoned personnel executives did in fact review Jarmon's situation and viewed him as an asset.

The question became how much to give up for him?

Since it was obvious that the 0-16 Lions would be looking to upgrade their DL, it was safe to figure that with their pick at the top of each round that in order to get Jarmon the Redskins were going to have to take him in the round PRIOR or work out something with Detroit offline so the Lions didn't select him.

But then you had Pioli and the Chiefs sitting there with a 2-14 record waiting to receive him.

So, for all those that thought the Redskins overpaid by taking him a round early, I want one of these critics to explain HOW the Redskins could have obtained Jarmon and NOT surrendered a #3 pick.

Really, though, what's not to like here?

A defensive end that is 6'3 and 278, plays the run and the pass and is 21 years old.

If Jarmon had played as a senior and had a season that approached his sophomore season he would have likely been a late #1 to mid #2 pick.

You my friend are a voice of great reason!!!! :drummer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.