• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

slow day-three mocks

Man, the guys over at Walter are either the only people who really know what is going on or they are smoking some good stuff these days. I am thinking the later...

Actually Neo, the Bradford to St. Louis and Okung to Detroit draft scenario is quite plausible. Lions have a lot of cabbage invested in Stafford, they need to protect him.

This also puts the Skins in a fantastic trade down scenario, as there are plenty of teams who will want McCoy or Suh, whichever one drops to us. I think in a draft this deep, we'll be more likely to take less value, just because we're likely to find a lot of talent in the first 3 rounds. San Francisco needs a lot of help on the DLine - numbers 13 and 17 could be in play for the Skins.

I was looking at the whole thing Lanky. Bradford at #1 I have no issue with. I think Okung at #2 is a reach but I can see the logic . . . although I consider it a stretch. Frankly, I think Detroit is in the perfect position to trade down if Bradford goes #1 and if they want an OT more than a DT, even better.

However, other things I think fall apart...

Clausen at #4? I don't see it. Berry dropping all the way to #7? Come on. KC passing on McCoy who is likely the best NT prospect in this draft for Bulaga? I'm not seeing that either.

Like I said, either these guys are smarter than everyone else or they are reaching.

Clausen at #4? I don't see it. Berry dropping all the way to #7? Come on. KC passing on McCoy who is likely the best NT prospect in this draft for Bulaga? I'm not seeing that either.

Like I said, either these guys are smarter than everyone else or they are reaching.

I was wondering about the Bulaga pick as well. I like him and was impressed with his performance in the bowl game this year, but I can't see how Walter can make such a claim unless they are reaching or know something we don't.

Lanky, as far as the Okung to Detroit at #2, Matt Millen is no longer in Detroit. Okung is good and could be a ten year Tackle, but so can Davis, Bulaga, Williams and Campbell (maybe) for much less. I agree that they could use O-line help to protect Stafford, but why wouldn't they trade down to acquire more draft picks for a couple of O-lineman with much more leverage than us like we are all hoping will happen here?

I was looking at the whole thing Lanky. Bradford at #1 I have no issue with. I think Okung at #2 is a reach but I can see the logic . . . although I consider it a stretch. Frankly, I think Detroit is in the perfect position to trade down if Bradford goes #1 and if they want an OT more than a DT, even better.

Everything I've read has McCoy as a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE, not a NT.

You're right about Berry - I can't see the Chiefs passing on him. That is a team with a ton of holes on D, and Berry would fill a huge one.

I was wondering about the Bulaga pick as well. I like him and was impressed with his performance in the bowl game this year, but I can't see how Walter can make such a claim unless they are reaching or know something we don't.

Lanky, as far as the Okung to Detroit at #2, Matt Millen is no longer in Detroit. Okung is good and could be a ten year Tackle, but so can Davis, Bulaga, Williams and Campbell (maybe) for much less. I agree that they could use O-line help to protect Stafford, but why wouldn't they trade down to acquire more draft picks for a couple of O-lineman with much more leverage than us like we are all hoping will happen here?

I think Campbell is gonna drop well into the 2nd round, maybe even the 3rd. He is just not a good player on tape from what I'm reading, despite his amazing combine workout. The one exception might be Al Davis, as one of the mocks points out. He loves workout warriors.

So if one of the big 2 DTs fall to us do we take them or try to trade down?

Well, looks like Okung may be out of the picture:

http://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/statuses/10284462369

This is the same guy who broke Peppers to Chicago, and Haynesworth to DC.

Well, hopefully this puts us in a better position to trade down, if that is even an option with our FO. I would be happy with Davis, Bulaga or Trent WIlliams at LT plus another pick.

Although, I am surprised by this in light of Okung's injury during the Combine. He should be a great player, but an injured groin during his big chance to prove himself does not seem like a scenario that would have a player move up in the draft.

I would be happy with Davis, Bulaga or Trent WIlliams at LT plus another pick.

There are a lot of negative reports coming in about Davis. He did not work out at the pro day because he either had hamstring issues, or he had the stomach flu. On top of that, he refused to be weighed. This is a guy that has been in trouble with weight in the past. His stock has to be slipping big time.

I don't think Shanny would take someone for his zone blocking that has weight issues. He wants athletes, not Burger Kings.

I definitely see the Lions taking Okung. They have been working hard at getting that DL settled during this FA. I beleive one of the big DT's will fall to us and hopefully we will be able to trade out. If we do, depending on how far we trade back,unfortunately, I think Bulaga will be gone. He will be a top ten pick.

I definitely see the Lions taking Okung. They have been working hard at getting that DL settled during this FA. I beleive one of the big DT's will fall to us and hopefully we will be able to trade out. If we do, depending on how far we trade back,unfortunately, I think Bulaga will be gone. He will be a top ten pick.

Hadn't heard much about Davis' performance or lack thereof at the combine. My preference is Bulaga anyway since I saw him perform in the Orange Bowl this year shutting down Derrick Morgan the top rated DE in the draft.

I think the key is Seattle. I assumed a few months back that Seattle would not be interested in a QB, but it looks like they could be interested in one of the big DT's that may fall to us. Bulaga could be ours in that situation even though Walters has Bulaga going to KC with the 5th pick.

Who knows? Maybe we can talk Al Davis into trading up to get Bruce Campbell! :insane:

I think the key is San Fran. They need a QB AND DLine help bad. I think if Claussen and McCoy or Suh drop to us, they will trade up.

Seattle picks 6th, and needs both 1sts - they have a ton of holes. Plus, at 6 there's a good chance Berry or Claussen drops to them, and they'll be happy with either. They also have a hole at 11:35:53 PM, or will soon, cause Walter Jones aint gonna be around much longer. They could stay at 6 and take Williams or Bulaga.

San Fran, on the other hand, is out of range. I think they're our best bet for a trade down partner.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Whoops...left tackle. For some reason L T together is shorthand for the current time on my blackberry. D'oh!

Whoops...left tackle. For some reason L T together is shorthand for the current time on my blackberry. D'oh!

I just thought you meant that Walter Jones was approaching the 12th hour in his career. :cheesy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.