• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFC East Over/Unders

Chris

Ring of Fame
BGO Ownership Group
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
The gambling lines for total wins by team for the 2009 season are now generating talk among NFL fans nationwide.

Here are the current win totals as reported by VegasInsider.com for the NFC East teams:

N.Y. Giants- 10
Philadelphia Eagles- 9.5
Dallas Cowboys- 9.5
Washington Redskins- 7.5

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

So, what do you think?

Are we destined to bring up the rear once again or will this year's team surprise the football world?

I think, as usual, the Eagles and Cowboys are drastically overrated. I haven't had an argument with ranking the Giants well above the rest of the NFC East for the past 5 years or so - they've had stable solid coaching, a franchise QB (whether we make fun of the guy or not) and played up to their abilities consistently. Philly and the Dallas have no real argument to be rated year after year above the Skins, but it's always the same.

I don't know, but I really want to bet the farm on the over for the Skins. Now way we REGRESS from last year - we'll at least win 8 games.

Cowboys will win 6-8 games this year max. Mark it.....

No TO, Romo caring more about golf than football, his O-line more concerned about playing in a metal band than football, Wade Phillips is inept, Jerry Jones has no clue.

And the Cowboys are hoping that some guy off a Michael Irvin reality show can save the franchise.

Anybody think the Redskins at times has laughing stock moments, the Cowboys this year will be that team in the NFCE.

quick look at the schedule shows me 10-6 (see predictions below). sure, i could be wrong about a home game win against the bucs, but the D could very well go to atlanta and get a win if they are as dominating as we hope they will be. and maybe it's too much to ask to get a W in new orleans, but hey, it's only july, of course i'm gonna be optimistic...

9/13 @ Giants 4:15 p.m. ET FOX - LOSS
9/20 VS Rams 1:00 p.m. ET FOX - WIN
9/27 @ Lions 1:00 p.m. ET FOX - WIN
10/4 VS Buccaneers 1:00 p.m. ET FOX - WIN
10/11 @ Panthers 1:00 p.m. ET FOX - LOSS
10/18 VS Chiefs 1:00 p.m. ET CBS - WIN
10/26 VS Eagles 8:30 p.m. ET ESPN - WIN
11/08 @ Falcons 1:00 p.m. ET FOX - LOSS
11/15 VS Broncos 1:00 p.m. ET CBS - WIN
11/22 @ Cowboys 1:00 p.m. ET FOX - LOSS
11/29 @ Eagles 1:00 p.m. ET FOX - LOSS
12/6 VS Saints 1:00 p.m. ET FOX - WIN
12/13 @ Raiders 4:05 p.m. ET FOX - WIN
12/21 VS Giants 8:30 p.m. ET ESPN - WIN
12/27 VS Cowboys 8:20 p.m. ET NBC - WIN
1/3 @ Chargers 4:15 p.m. ET FOX - LOSS

Skins host the Saints, so we don't have to win in New Orleans. :)

We have to open against the Giants in New York AGAIN? What the hell man?

Anyway, I have no problem with NY at 10.

Philly got the NFC Championship game, so I can see them at 9.5.

Dallas is a mess. They should be down there with us.

I might have put our over/under at 8, but I'm not losing any sleep over 7.5.

Yeah Henry, I'm with you. I think we should have opened up the new toilet bowl.

If I were a betting man I would say over on the Redskins and Giants and under on the Eagles and Cowboys.

I see the NFC East ending like this.

Giants x
Redskins y
Eagles
Cowboys

x=Division
y=Wildcard

It’s not always what the experts “think”; it’s what the Vegas experts think they can get a reasonable split of the betting public’s money so they can maximize return.

Looking into the Hog Fever crystal ball the Giants should be good for about 10 wins, making the 10 number a tough call. I’ll go under here but I’m not real confident in this call. I think the loss of Plaxico for the whole season is going to hurt the team quite a bit. He bailed them out a lot and created space for the other receivers. The rookie guy you hear so much about is no Plax, not yet anyway. Their defense should be solid. As mentioned above the Giants have a stable organization and always seem to have a lot of decent young players though, so I guess they have that. They aren’t a great team, but they know how to win and rarely beat themselves. 8-8

The Eagles number is not all that tough in my opinion. They have a couple of question marks on offense but unlike the Giants they don’t have to have a rookie (Macklin) come in and start at WR. They have two guys who are decent but not spectacular. The defense will have to adjust to the loss of Dawkins but they are solid on that side of the ball. The only problem I see for them is the schedule and McNabb staying healthy. I hate the Eagles but I like the Eagles to win the division. I can see them winning 11 ball games. 11-5

The Cowboys are in a bit of trouble. The loss of T.O. is going to be huge. They simply don’t have anyone to replace his production. The addition by subtraction rule will not play out here. Most of the league has Romo figured out. On the defensive side of the ball is where they are going to win ball games. Wade Phillips is not a great head coach but he can coach a defense. If the defense plays well enough and Romo can limit mistakes they could be in some games. I don’t see that happening with any consistency. I want to go lower, but I think they win 7 games and Phillips is run out of town at the end of the season or before. 7-9
The Skins situation is well known to everyone here. I think this team has talent, but a lot of question marks remain. We are going to need a lot of pieces to fall into place to improve on last season’s record. My guess is some things will work out and some things won’t. We will be talking about this for the next few months so I’ll skip the detailed analysis and just get to the meat of the matter. This is an average ball club and for the sake of betting I’d go over, but just. Nothing they have done in the off season has changed my mind about that. I’ll hope for more. Hell, I’ll find a way to rationalize a playoff run, but I don’t honestly believe that at this stage. Prove me wrong guys. 8-8

I dunno, i am as big a Redskins' fan as anyone, but since we didnt really fix the 2 major offensive problems we had last year (the WR and OL) I am not really sure how we can get to 8 wins. I am going with the under and praying for a 7-9 season.

I dunno, i am as big a Redskins' fan as anyone, but since we didnt really fix the 2 major offensive problems we had last year (the WR and OL) I am not really sure how we can get to 8 wins. I am going with the under and praying for a 7-9 season.

Well, we brought in Bridges, Williams and Dockery, Rhino and Heyer both have another year under their belts. I wouldn't say we necessarily got WORSE.

Same with WR - Thomas, Kelly and Davis have another offseason under their belts...hopefully at least one will step up and perform.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.