• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN: Rabach has been re-signed

I'm a little surprised at the price tag but I'm guessing this contract escalates to being very frontloaded come midnight if no CBA is reached. I reckon Rabach is good for another year at best but I totally expect him to start no longer than that. He was nothing special last year from what I saw.

He might be more than he was in a Shanahan type system. Remember, he is smart and built more like what Mike had in Denver. Not saying he is a perfect fit but he is likely the best we have left after Sameuls retired today.

Eh, I watched him get blown up too many times on TIVO last year

Eh, I watched him get blown up too many times on TIVO last year

Yeah, he is awful. He's single-handedly cost us a handful of games, and he gets blown up regularly. This re-signing puzzles me to no end. Sigh.

It is also possible that they consider him solid backup material. Remember, he not only plays all three interior line positions, he has started at all three in the NFL. Although for that money I don't see him riding the pine.

Yeah, I kinda thought we were done paying big money for mediocre players

Not a good sign

Rabach might fit the Shanahan scheme better than he did the Gibbs/Bugel power run that we've been using since 2004.

Plus, he'll have competition in Williams (edwin) and Lichtenstein so, we'll see where this ends (I'm guessing it's a one year deal with options or roster bonuses in 2011 and 2012).

Rabach might fit the Shanahan scheme better than he did the Gibbs/Bugel power run that we've been using since 2004.

Plus, he'll have competition in Williams (edwin) and Lichtenstein so, we'll see where this ends (I'm guessing it's a one year deal with options or roster bonuses in 2011 and 2012).

I'm hoping he's better in the Shanahan system but I'm pretty sure it's a one-and-done deal for him, unless he unexpected flourishes.

I was really hoping he was gone. However, I really don't see too many other options at this point. Hopefully they will draft someone or maybe he will be better for the zone blocking scheme.

It is an indictment of the Cerrato years that the team was left with virtually nothing to build around on the offensive line.

The younger players here are not really that promising - Rinehart, Montgomery, Edwin Williams, etc.

The veterans, Rabach - Dockery - Mike Williams, are so-so performers.

It is an indictment of the Cerrato years that the team was left with virtually nothing to build around on the offensive line.

The younger players here are not really that promising - Rinehart, Montgomery, Edwin Williams, etc.

The veterans, Rabach - Dockery - Mike Williams, are so-so performers.
So what do you think of the signing bulldog? Overpaying or just right given what else the team had to work with on the OL?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.