• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What shall we call the Pub?

smsmith70

The Cheerleader
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, all good pubs need an appropriate name. In the UK the traditional form is as below

The Dog and Duck
The Prince of Wales
The Fox and Hound
etc

My suggestion to kick it off would be:-

The Spear and Feathers

Last edited:
I vote for "The Spear and Feather". Very nice suggestion.

Spear and Feather - very nice :)

My suggestions;
18th & K (or some other iconic DC intersection)
Ye Olde Feather and Spear (or Burgundy and Gold)
The Arrow's Point (or point of the spear, the flying arrow etc.)
and my personal favorite...
The Hogs Head Inn--so sue me, I like bad puns :)

The old hang out for the Redskins back in the 50's was the Bloody Bucket in Anacostia perhaps it's a bit before most of you can remember.

i raise my mug and propose a toast to smitty70 -- the Spear & Feathers Pub nails it!

I was going to say "The Redskins Lounge" but "Spear and Feathers" sounds like the best choice.

Hmm. This group is way too easy. I don't say that as a reflection on the suggestion--which I also like--but a reflection of any suggestion going unchallenged in such an august assemblage of Redskins fans. We need to have a meeting or something.

Thank you. I feel better already.

Ask and thou shalt receive. :D

The old hang out for the Redskins back in the 50's was the Bloody Bucket in Anacostia perhaps it's a bit before most of you can remember.

I'm likin this a lot.

It's a bloody proper name for a pub. No matter the name though, it's a pub, and you'll find my bike parked out front.

:cheers:

Hmmm. Harry Potter just came out...

Hogs Worst...
Hogs Warts...
Nah...

Pipe and Feathers

(I'm a peaceful sort - and a DD... so you can decide)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.