• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

This Season's Offense: How Optimistic Are You?

Our offense hasn't ranked higher than 11th since 1999 (and other than 2005 it hasn't topped 15th.)

And that's our yardage ranking. Our ranking has been even worse in scoring offense in every year but one during that span (2003 when we were 23rd in yards and 22nd in points.)

What have we really added this off-season to suddenly end a ten-year trend?

I'm a simple man. I'll have to assume we'll be mediocre again this year until we actually, you know, do something else.

Sorry. Lousy first post, eh? :)

Our offense hasn't ranked higher than 11th since 1999 (and other than 2005 it hasn't topped 15th.)

And that's our yardage ranking. Our ranking has been even worse in scoring offense in every year but one during that span (2003 when we were 23rd in yards and 22nd in points.)

I'm a simple man. I'll have to assume we'll be mediocre again this year until we actually, you know, do something else.

It's OK Henry, we still love ya:blush:

Hey, I've never known you not to be straight forward with your opinion, no reason to change now.

Campbell is in the final year of a contract and is eligible for unrestricted free agency in 2010, and thus has every incentive to play well, whether he wants the Redskins to give him a big-time contract or go to another team and make a lot of money. He's also a level-headed guy and understands what's at stake.

I think you nailed it Mike except that I think Campbell will only be a RFA this year due to the owner's opting out of the CBA. Pretty sure that upped the service time from 5 years to 6 which would mean that while Campbell is still playing for his future, it is very different than it might have otherwise been. A rock star and the Skins sign him long term. A journyman year and they go low ball offer to keep his rights and see what happens. Jason really doesn't much say in it unless someone is will to top any offer the Skins make.

Nothing lousy about this. It is the honest truth. This team is what it has been until it proves itself something else on the field. Let's face it, we win the off season every year but the results from Sept through Dec have been pretty predictable for the last decade.

I'm very optimistic, and I haven't felt this way in a long while. Don't have much data to back that feeling up. But, it's more of a gut feeling. The keys IMO are Campbell and the O-line. I have to assume that at least 1 of the 3 top picks from last draft will make strides and produce on the field (I hear a lot about how it really takes 2 years to adjust to the NFL as a receiver). There's something refreshing about this being an all-or-nothing year for Campbell (and probably Zorn). There are just no more excuses. So I think that not only do we make the playoffs, but we win the NFCE for the first time in years and (gasp) host a playoff game at FedEx.

I am pleading the 5th till I go to Training Camp.

If Campbell gets good enough protection time by his Oline I would be optimistic on a very good season.

If healthy, I think we will be a surprise, even 11-5 in a rough division. Viewing this through my rose covered glasses, I think either Kelly or Thomas will step up. Jason will have a decent year, that is all he needs, and portis will run well behind a healthy o line. Defense should be dominant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.