• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RI: Rocky, Doughty, Golston tendered

@DCGoldPants

The Rookie
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/?hpid=news-col-blog-viewall

Posted at 11:43 AM ET, 03/ 3/2010
Redskins give McIntosh a second-round tender
Linebacker Rocky McIntosh received a second-round tender from the Redskins, a league source said.

McIntosh finished fourth on the team with 64 unassisted tackles. He also finished second on the team with two interceptions. Last season, McIntosh had a base salary of $535,000 and received a $100,000 workout bonus.

Posted at 11:20 AM ET, 03/ 3/2010
Redskins give Doughty a second-round tender
The Redskins gave safety Reed Doughty a second-round tender, people familiar with the move said today.

Doughty rebounded nicely last season after his 2008 season was cut short because of back surgery. He supplanted Chris Horton as the starter at strong safety in the second half and finished third on the team with 75 solo tackles (91 overall). Doughty, who also had two sacks and an interception, had a salary of a little more than $542,000. The tender offer is for approximately $1.75 million.

Doughty could be a good fit for the 3-4 scheme the Redskins plan to run under defensive coordinator Jim Haslett. Players in the secondary will have more responsibility in terms of making calls, and Doughty is among the brightest players on the team, coaches and players say.

Posted at 9:02 AM ET, 03/ 3/2010
Redskins make low tender to Kedric Golston
With free agency beginning at midnight on Thursday, we're starting to hear more about the Redskins' plans for their restricted free agents.

The Redskins made a low tender to Kedric Golston, people familiar with the situation said today, meaning they would receive a second-round draft pick as compensation for the defensive tackle if he received an offer from another team that they were not willing to match.

The four-year veteran was a key member of the league's 10th-ranked defense last season. With Pro Bowl defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth often slowed because of injuries, Golston started five games and played in 16.

Especially strong against the run, Golston was credited with 22 unassisted tackles (34 overall), two sacks and a forced fumble. During the season, Pro Bowl middle linebacker London Fletcher praised the dependable Golston for "doing a lot to help our defense that most people probably just don't understand."

Next season, Golston is expected to back up Haynesworth at nose tackle in the Redskins' new 3-4 base alignment.

I guess that just leaves Rogers as the big question yet, huh? I imagine he will get a tender at something just ensure we get something for him if someone wants him. Seems stupid not to.

Gotta say I like all three moves. I like Doughty, a lot. He showed his value last year, but if we could get a second rounder for him, it would be a good deal since Chris Horton is a quality backup and we all know Landry will be moved to SS, right? I mean we all know that, right?

I guess that just leaves Rogers as the big question yet, huh? I imagine he will get a tender at something just ensure we get something for him if someone wants him. Seems stupid not to.

I am no Carlos fan. But you might as well tender him.

To me, the tenders aren't really the interesting part. When things really get interesting is if/when other teams make them an offer. The skins then have to decide to match or let them walk.

In essence, tenders here were a given(with some consideration given to the amount of course), the outcome and any analysis will have to wait.

I disagree Sabre. I think the amount of the tender is the interesting thing. It gives you some insight into the relative importance the team places on a guy. I think there is a certain message involved in the tender level. A second round tender could very well indicate a willingness to negotiate over compensation for a guy while a first round tender says very clearly "we want this guy" and only very serious offers will be entertained.

For example, the second round tenders for McIntosh. That says to me that the team might be fishing a bit and inviting some offers for him.

Hence the reason I am interested in what happens with Rogers. Will it be a tender in the Campbell range or in the McIntosh range? To me, that will signal the teams intentions where Carlos is concerned.

What I find interesting is that Campbell got the first round tender and not the first and third round tender. I don't think the 1st and 3rd is that much more money wise.

I agree that it would be silly not to tender Carlos. I bet it is coming.

Schefter reporting that the Skins have placed an original compensation tender on Rogers, meaning we'd get a 1st if anyone signed him:

Redskins put originial comp. low tender on CB Carlos Rogers -- $1.542 million. Any team that signs him must give Redskins a 1. Won't happen

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/9943055706

What I find interesting is that Campbell got the first round tender and not the first and third round tender. I don't think the 1st and 3rd is that much more money wise.

I agree that it would be silly not to tender Carlos. I bet it is coming.

Its about 124K more - it speaks volumes that we didn't put the 1st and 3rd on him.

I heard Rocky McIntosh isn't happy with the tender, as he was expecting a long term deal.

My guess is we did a 1st round tender on Campbell, so as not to price ourselves out of market. The team is probably thinking someone may be willing to give up a 1st or something close versus a first and a third. If no one goes after Campbell they saved themselves some cash.

This year, more so than before, tenders are nothing more than bargining chips for other teams. No one would give a second round pic for Heyer, but they may contact us and say would you take, thus starting the talks for a possible trade.

Why else would Denver tender Marshall when everyone knows he wants out and McDaniels probably wants him gone. The tender is a bargining chip to get something back versus just letting him go via free agency.

This FA and off season is going to look a lot different. Very few really attractive unrestricted free agents this year and most restricted ones have received some sort of offer. I just feel we will see more trades than previous years, as teams try to recoup something for losing a player.

Rogers is always complaining. I always complained about the gimme int's he could have had.

So we have something in common. :)

there will be rfa's all over the NFL who are pissed like Rocky and Rogers. So, once all that is out there, and you have dozens if not MORE of these guys. They'll realize its just the way it is this year, and if another team doesn't swoop in....then its their real contract year.

I think the amount of the tender is the interesting thing. It gives you some insight into the relative importance the team places on a guy. I think there is a certain message involved in the tender level. A second round tender could very well indicate a willingness to negotiate over compensation for a guy while a first round tender says very clearly "we want this guy" and only very serious offers will be entertained.

I'm not so sure. I think what the tender says is "we don't expect to let someone walk for anything less than one step down in compensation." So a first round tender doesn't mean we want this guy any more than we want a guy with a second round tender. A first round tender means "we want more than a second rounder for him." A second round tender (e.g., Doughty) may mean, "we want this guy, but we know no one is going to give up a first for him, so we don't need to tender any more than a first." For instance, I suspect in some meaningful sense we want Doughty more than Rogers, despite the tender/market value.

Tendering Campbell at a 1st rather than 1st and 3d (for only pocket change more) is interesting. It suggests that we're confident the market is such that we'd never get more than a 1st in any event, and that his value to us is less than a 1st plus a 3d.

there will be rfa's all over the NFL who are pissed like Rocky and Rogers. So, once all that is out there, and you have dozens if not MORE of these guys. They'll realize its just the way it is this year, and if another team doesn't swoop in....then its their real contract year.

Well said. What these guys need to remember is that the tender could easily preclude a long term deal if they play their part, work hard and produce. The new FO just hasn't really had a chance to fully evaluate everyone yet.

Getting pissed only shows their greedy side and complaining will more than likely get them a ticket out of town. Maybe that's what they want but the FO is just trying to make sure they get something in case the guys decide they want a change of scenery. Smart play and pretty much what I would have done.

Well said. What these guys need to remember is that the tender could easily preclude a long term deal if they play their part, work hard and produce. The new FO just hasn't really had a chance to fully evaluate everyone yet.

Getting pissed only shows their greedy side and complaining will more than likely get them a ticket out of town. Maybe that's what they want but the FO is just trying to make sure they get something in case the guys decide they want a change of scenery. Smart play and pretty much what I would have done.

I agree with this. Our FO is dealing with the hand that was dealt them. Guys (here and around league) will be pissed, but teams are just playing the game. Some of these guys will get signed to long term contracts
if not snagged by another team.

Unlike previous years, teams are saying here is our guys and if you want one fine, but this is what we want in return. Another thing guys like Carlos and Rocky need to remember is a team may give them an attractive offer and put a poison pill in the contract. The Vikings did this couple years ago when signed Hutchinson. On the flip side, if there is no poison pill, the Redskins could step up and match or give better deal.

Until there is a CBA, we are in uncharted waters. No one really knows what FA will be like this year. Some feel teams will scale back and others think different.

Carlos and Rocky need to be pissed at those in the union who agreed to last
CBA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.