• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

If you had to pick one, which free agent do you bring to D.C.?

If you had to pick one, which free agent do you bring to D.C.?

• Julius Peppers

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • LaDainian Tomlinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Jones

• Terrell Owens

• Antrel Rolle (assuming he's let go)

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Brian Westbrook

• Darren Sproles

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Antonio Pierce

• Other

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Nobody.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Going to be too expensive for he brings to the table because of the lack of good corners on the market this off season.

Neo, after listening to B. Allen's presser......I'm not too sure about that.
Normally, I'd completely agree with you, although I thought Haynesworth would be too expensive for the Skins last year.

Listening to Allen, it looks like we should be talking about which 5 would you choose. Not sure how I feel about this, but it looks like we are going to go out and spend a fortune. Good! With an uncapped year, there could be some very big incentive to become a Redskin for many of these free agents like Antrelle Rolle and hopefully they address the O-line! He did say 4/5 of the line could be replaced in one season.

And if NY offers Peppers $100 million, I hope to hell we fold and play the next hand.

They have a plan.....we know that, hope it works out.

Sounds like Robinison is headed to the ATL per total access.

They just re-signed Williams. I was hoping we could pick him up.

Neo, after listening to B. Allen's presser......I'm not too sure about that.
Normally, I'd completely agree with you, although I thought Haynesworth would be too expensive for the Skins last year.

I think they are willing to pay for quality WD, After all, Haynesworth is the real deal and not just the best DT in his FA class but one of the best in the league, capably of dominating a game when he gets after it.

Robinson isn't as a good a cover corner as Rogers, who I happen to think has been a great cover guy, he just can't hang onto the ball. Just my :twocents:

With a last chance to pick up the big bucks and a lockout looming in 2011, I have a feeling Darren Sharper could be a lot higher on the radar than we might think.

Listening to Allen, it looks like we should be talking about which 5 would you choose. Not sure how I feel about this, but it looks like we are going to go out and spend a fortune. Good! With an uncapped year, there could be some very big incentive to become a Redskin for many of these free agents like Antrelle Rolle and hopefully they address the O-line! He did say 4/5 of the line could be replaced in one season.

I'm not so sure we're looking to break the bank. I'm thinking it will be a few key pieces to get us through the year in good shape with perhaps one or two long-term guys for the future.

As for as the O-Line, I heard Allen say it could be fixed this year. I didn't hear him say 4 of the 5 would be replaced unless I heard wrong. With Rabach and Dockery already in place, I think 3 of 5 is more like it. At least one spot will probably be filled via the draft which leaves the other two via free agency OR, perhaps, a trade. I'm guessing two OL spots will be guys brought in to fit the bill short-term.

Then again, this new FO is a lot tougher to read than the old one. I guess that's a GOOD thing.

I'm not so sure we're looking to break the bank. I'm thinking it will be a few key pieces to get us through the year in good shape with perhaps one or two long-term guys for the future.

As for as the O-Line, I heard Allen say it could be fixed this year. I didn't hear him say 4 of the 5 would be replaced unless I heard wrong. With Rabach and Dockery already in place, I think 3 of 5 is more like it. At least one spot will probably be filled via the draft which leaves the other two via free agency OR, perhaps, a trade. I'm guessing two OL spots will be guys brought in to fit the bill short-term.

Then again, this new FO is a lot tougher to read than the old one. I guess that's a GOOD thing.

You are correct Jimbo, he didn't say he would, just that it could be done. Rabach is #1 out of 4 that needed to be addressed since he was a Free Agent. And I think he is the 1 or 2 year stop gap you are talking about. I think Antrelle Rolle is gonna be in a Skins' uniform and I think there will be at least one other big name along with a couple of lineman.

In light of what we saw today, there is a lot of work to do to fill spots and we only have 5 draft picks unless there is some real interest in the players we have tendered.

What about Jamal Williams? He's been cut by the Chargers, and would fill the 3-4 NT need, freeing up Haynesworth to play DE. He's 33, but still a force if he can stay healthy.

via RedskinsInsider

RT @SI_PeterKing Hear 'Skins GM Bruce Allen is riding herd on building to skip biggest FA names, clean house, and win secondary FA battles.

Sounds like a lunchpail guy

I like

Babin, 29, was a first-round choice of the Houston Texans in the 2004 draft and has also played for the Seahawks and Chiefs. His next team will be his fourth in as many seasons. Listed at 6 feet 3, 267 pounds, Babin didn't start any games last season for the Eagles and hasn't been a regular starter since his rookie season in Houston.

Sounds like a lunchpail guy

I like

Babin, 29, was a first-round choice of the Houston Texans in the 2004 draft and has also played for the Seahawks and Chiefs. His next team will be his fourth in as many seasons. Listed at 6 feet 3, 267 pounds, Babin didn't start any games last season for the Eagles and hasn't been a regular starter since his rookie season in Houston.

Sounds like an underacheiver, especially for a former 1st round pick. Didn't start at all last year. Four teams in 4 years? There's probably a reason he isn't sticking around anywhere.

At 267 isn't he undersized for a DE in a 3-4 scheme? And probably not nimble enough for linebacker.

All that being said, if he is just being added for depth, OK.

Last edited:
China, the problem with him being "OK" for depth is that we have a habit of needing our depth to actually play around here recently. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.