• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WUSA9: Samuels set to Retire

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date

Lanky Livingston

Sad day for Redskins nation. Farewell Chris, you were fantastic for years!

WASHINGTON, DC (WUSA) -- 9SPORTS has learned Redskins All-Pro offensive lineman Chris Samuels will announce his retirement from football as early as this Thursday.

Click link for rest.

So does this mean the Skins definitely go OT at the fourth pick? You have to think so, right?

That's what I'd do, but I don't own the team. :)

I don't know about going OT with the 4th pick. If i can't get Bradford then I would strongly consider trade down (especially with King Kung getting hurt. Thats just me....Nevertheless, CS will sadly be missed. The worst thing is that with all of that sacrifice for so many years, he never got a ring or came close to one. :(

I think before him retiring...it was a need because MAYBE if he came back. We'd still go on the idea he wouldn't make it all season.

Now I think unless one of the monster DT's fall to us....you got OL. I don't think any QB in the top 10 is that much of a franchise QB over a guy you could take in the 2nd round.

Well, this changes things, at least I hope. Now instead of being so ga ga over a QB, we're gonna have to get a replacement for Samuals. Someone that can come in and start. That's gonna be a relatively high pick.

BTW, thanks Chris for all the punishment you took over the years. Too bad we couldn't get you a ring

Many thanks to Samuels and what he has meant to this team. I will now consider buying one of his jerseys.

This does, IMO, change things regarding the draft. We almost need to get an OT in draft.

With the draft another 7 weeks away things can still change dramatically. Guess if we sign couple OL then we may go another direction in draft. With so many restricted FA's you also have a chance of losing or gaining picks.

This is going to be in interesting few weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.