• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Brian Westbrook -"It Would Be a Huge Dream to Play With the Redskins"

@DCGoldPants

The Rookie
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/s...Dream-to-Play-With-the-Redskins-85591152.html

"It Would Be a Huge Dream to Play With the Redskins"
Redskins cornerback's more famous brother expresses interest in joining hometown team
By MATTHEW STABLEY
Updated 8:30 PM EST, Fri, Feb 26, 2010

Getty Images
One-time Philadelphia Eagles star running back Brian Westbrook would love to join his hometown team, he told NBCPhiladelphia.com.

Westbrook was born in D.C. and starred for DeMatha High School in Hyattsville, Md. He was a fixture of the Eagles offense for years, though he never played all 16 games in a season, and he only played in eight games last season, largely due to concussions. He broke the 1,000-yard mark in two seasons -- 2006 and 2007 -- but he was better known as one of the best pass catching running backs in the league.

Westbrook's younger brother, Byron, plays cornerback for the Skins -- at least he did before a drunken driving arrest last week. Byron Westbrook also attended DeMatha High and played his college ball at Salisbury University. Undrafted out of college, he signed with the Redskins as a free agent in May 2007 and spent the entire 2007 and 2008 seasons on the practice squad before seeing his first NFL game day playing time in 2009. He often played his brother on the scout during practices prior to games against the Eagles.

"It would be a huge dream come true to play with my brother," Brian Westbrook said.

not sure how I feel about this.

Hometown discount to be a role guy....maybe.

no ill will towards Westbrook but bringing back TWO running backs with concussion syndrome issues for 2010 is not exactly the way I would want to go if I were Shanahan.

also, I think it would be Westbrook OR Portis. I don't see Portis meshing with another veteran back who wants carries.

I can't see Westbrook being used more than 50% of his time on carries. I think to continue his career, he'll spend at least half his time splitting wide.

Well. We need some RBs. I think Portis and Betts and Rock will all be gone by opening day.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

It's intriguing, but not sure the Redskins really need ANOTHER aging running back with injury concerns, as we already have Portis and Betts.

I'd love to see Westbrook running in a Shanahan system.

That said, he probably wouldn't last more than 3-4 games based on his history of injuries.
The Skins are trying to go younger, so Westbrook really doesn't fit into their plans.

Ravens are interested in him however........

Well. We need some RBs. I think Portis and Betts and Rock will all be gone by opening day.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

For some reason, I think one of the three will be back. Hopefully we draft a youngster to either compete for the job or groom for the future. Westbrook is intriguing, but I don't see it happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.