• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Promote Kyle Smith to Vice President of Player Personnel

Boone, with all due respect as we usually agree, but I hardly think Hilliard gets credit for young wide receivers he has worked with for less than a year and came in the 2019 draft.

A clear sign of development aided by a coach would be an undrafted free agent that comes in and after a couple of seasons learning and growing becomes a solid starter who pulls in 70 catches.

McLaurin came in ready to play the pro game from Day 1.

Harmon made what one would consider to be moderate progress over the course of the season.

But Mitchell and Walker still questioned why Harmon and Sims were actually being held back by the staff when Richardson and Quinn were clearly not performing at anything close to a starting -playmaking level.

Boone, with all due respect as we usually agree, but I hardly think Hilliard gets credit for young wide receivers he has worked with for less than a year and came in the 2019 draft.

A clear sign of development aided by a coach would be an undrafted free agent that comes in and after a couple of seasons learning and growing becomes a solid starter who pulls in 70 catches.

McLaurin came in ready to play the pro game from Day 1.

Harmon made what one would consider to be moderate progress over the course of the season.

But Mitchell and Walker still questioned why Harmon and Sims were actually being held back by the staff when Richardson and Quinn were clearly not performing at anything close to a starting -playmaking level.

I'm not arguing that Hilliard was a great WRs coach. The flip side of your argument is how much improvement can a position coach be expected to inspire in a single season with a HC and OC change occurring? I have zero issue with Rivera not retaining him - I just believe the decision had a lot more to do with faith in and comfort level with his own guy than a negative assessment of Hilliard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Familiarity breeds contempt except in the NFL.

We were lucky with Gibbs because his best friends were guys like Jim Hanifan and Joe Bugel, legendary assistant coaches in their own right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.