• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Name Doug Williams Senior Vice President of Player Development

The truth is nobody knows how this is going to go.

Walsh was 2-14 his first year in SF, Vermeil was 5-11 with the Rams.

A couple of years later both teams won the Super Bowl.

Vermeil was known at the time as a respected coach who couldn't win the big game, losing to the Raiders in SB XV.

That's similar to Rivera in Carolina. He made the team respectable and took them to a Super Bowl and lost to the Broncos.

He could show better OR worse here.

People talk about SB wins, but from what I see many SB coaches like Jimmy Johnson, George Seifert, Mike Shanahan often fail in their next gig.

Meanwhile a lot of coaches fail in their first job and end up learning some lessons and winning in their next stop.

And if Joe Flacco and a one-armed Peyton Manning can win the Super Bowl there is no reason a player with Haskins skills can't mature and take a team that far.

Nah...you spent time in jail, I don't trust you weren't turned out, but thanks anyway.

I laughed too hard at that. I have to admit that's a pretty good comeback. But no, that was never an issue for 2 reasons....

1. Respect actually exists in prison oddly enough. 2. Hollywood's version of prison couldn't be further from reality.

I think it can vary greatly from one prison to another
Likely true, but I went through 3 different custody levels, and at all 3 prisons respect was something nobody took lightly. The level of respect and manners the vast majority of people had blew my mind. Completely unexpected. Up here I was a correction's officer several years ago, but I never paid it much attention.
Can substitute the word "everything" for the word "prison"
Very true.

Curiosity question: what is the respect based upon? Power/threat of violence?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.