• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Announce Rob Rogers as Senior Vice President of Football Administration

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
sownewsletter.png

For Immediate Release
January 8, 2020

REDSKINS ANNOUNCE ROB ROGERS AS SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF FOOTBALL ADMINISTRATION

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today Rob Rogers as the team's new Senior Vice President of Football Administration.

“Rob Rogers is a skilled NFL executive who brings many years of valuable experience in contract negotiation and salary cap management to our front office,” said Washington Redskins Owner Dan Snyder. “He has a great working relationship with Coach Rivera and we look forward to his contributions to the Redskins."

“Rob was a tremendous resource for me over the past nine seasons, and I'm excited for him to be an integral part of building something special here with the Redskins,” said Washington Redskins Head Coach Ron Rivera.

Rob Rogers comes to the Redskins after 25 seasons with the Carolina Panthers, most recently as the team's executive director of player finance and football research. In this role, he worked closely with the Panthers general manager on the development of player budget parameters, roster management, contract proposals, negotiation strategies and salary cap management. He also oversaw the Panthers football analytics department and worked on research and analysis of player contracts and statistics. He directly conducted the majority of contract negotiations with player representatives during his time in this role.

Before gaining the title of executive director of player finance and football research, Rogers was the director of football administration for 11 years (2008-18). He negotiated contracts for all of the Panthers first round and other draft selections during a 16-year span (2003-19) along with numerous free agents. He also worked with the front office on issues dealing with the NFL Collective Bargaining agreement and as the club's liaison to the NFL Management Council, he kept the Panthers in compliance with all NFL personnel, contract and labor-related issues.

Starting in 2013, Rogers worked on developing efforts in analytics, football research in personnel, opponent analysis and self-scouting along with sports science and next gen statistics. He developed the in-house salary cap management database and also designed the current pro scouting system in Carolina and in the mid 90s worked with in-house developers to design and implement the initial opponent analysis and self-scouting system. Rogers worked extensively with Coach Rivera in Carolina on on-going efforts to develop game management analysis and practices.

Rogers is also a member of the NFL Club Services Committee, which is a group made of various front office executives from around the league, tasked with providing guidance and feedback on technology integration initiatives to the development staff of the NFL Management Council. He has served on the committee since 2002.

Rogers joined the Carolina Panthers in 1995 and worked as a quality control assistant along with helping out on the in-house business analytics team. He is a 1993 graduate of Harvard University and holds a degree in government.

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm with ya but if we're just replacing cronies from one team with another set from another team (that didn't exactly set the world on fire) I am skeptical at best.

I'm with ya but if we're just replacing cronies from one team with another set from another team (that didn't exactly set the world on fire) I am skeptical at best.
Eh, I don't think a cap guy is a big deal. Really just need to be good with numbers and a good lawyer understanding the rules of the CBA. This really doesn't move the needle at all for me except for maybe getting anyone who may have Snyder's ear out of the way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The big deal is that Rogers knows his place. As a football administrator he is not going to swerve into the personnel lane and start advising Rivera and Smith on who to draft or sign in free agency.

As a friend of Danny I think Schaffer had too big of a presence in the building for a guy that was ostensibly negotiating contracts.

The fact Rogers has not ties to Snyder is a step in the right direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.