• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Announce Dr. Kevin Wilk as Medical Consultant

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
sownewsletter.png

For Immediate Release
January 7, 2020

REDSKINS ANNOUNCE DR. KEVIN WILK AS MEDICAL CONSULTANT

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today Dr. Kevin Wilk as the team's new medical consultant. Wilk will report directly to Head Athletic Trainer Ryan Vermillion.

“Kevin Wilk is one of the most established and successful physical therapists in our industry,” said Washington Redskins Owner Dan Snyder. “He has worked with some of the greatest athletes in sports and has known Ryan Vermillion for years. He is a great addition to our medical team and will be a tremendous asset to our players.”

“Kevin is one of the most respected physical therapists in the world of sports,” said Head Coach Ron Rivera. “His addition to our organization will be extremely beneficial to our players and will take our medical staff to the next level.”

“I've known Kevin Wilk for more than 30 years and his work speaks for itself,” said Redskins Head Athletic Trainer Ryan Vermillion. “He will be an invaluable part of our operation, providing our staff consultation on athletic performance and rehabilitation. Our goal is to be the best athletic training staff in professional sports and Kevin will help us achieve that goal.”

Kevin Wilk has worked with some of the biggest names in sports and has performed rehabilitation on Michael Jordan, Bo Jackson, Drew Brees, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera and Eli Manning, among many others.

Wilk is one of the most distinguished clinical physical therapists in the industry and has been a leading authority in rehabilitation of sports injuries and orthopedic lesions for 33 years. He is currently Associate Clinical Director for Champion Sports Medicine in Birmingham, Ala. and is also the Director of Rehabilitative Research at the American Sports Medicine Institute. Wilk has worked in professional baseball for 29 years and has worked with the Tampa Bay Rays since the organization was created, in the role of rehabilitation consultant.

Wilk has published over 170 journal articles and is on the review board for nine journals along with having delivered over 900 lectures at professional and scientific meetings. In 2012, he was inducted into the Sports Section Blackburn Hall of Fame and in that same year he was awarded the American Physical Therapy Association Catherine Worthingham Fellowship, which is the highest honor given to an APTA member. In 2004, Wilk received the Ron Peyton Award for career achievement from the Sports Physical Therapy Section of the APTA and he has also received the James Andrews Award for achievement in the area of baseball science.

-REDSKINS-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems as if Hess was almost as hated asAllen inside the building with the team.

Bruce gone, athletic trainer gone, and new medical consultant. They will bring Trent back.

Trent comes back, you can count on him missing 4 or 5 games.... as usual.

I hope like hell they trade his ass.

I hope like hell they trade his ass.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to sitting him out until his contract expires. If anything, it would prevent anyone else from considering using a similar tactic in the future.

He's one the downside of his career, is always good for a few games out per year and has always had a problem with the "doobage". Trade is ass now that we have some people that know how to do a trade without getting ripped off

I would bring back Trent on a deal where we hold his salary at his contract level for 2020 and perhaps add on an option for 2021 that would allow him to recoup his los dollars from 2019.

If he wants a new deal with $25M in extra guarantees then I would trade him.

But I see Rivera trying to bring him back.

Rivera sees the number of holes on this roster and doesn't want to have to find a LT in addition to everything else if possible.

I would bring back Trent on a deal where we hold his salary at his contract level for 2020 and perhaps add on an option for 2021 that would allow him to recoup his los dollars from 2019.

If he wants a new deal with $25M in extra guarantees then I would trade him.

But I see Rivera trying to bring him back.

Rivera sees the number of holes on this roster and doesn't want to have to find a LT in addition to everything else if possible.
Bringing Trent back would be great, though I would also be fine if we can get a 1st round pick for him to get a new LT. But as it is, Trent and Flowers on the left would be awesome. Flowers ended up being a great addition at that guard spot. We have the talent on both sides to be well positioned to do well next year, especially with how poor everyone else has looked as well.

We should find out pretty quickly how much of an issue coaching and culture were.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Was it ever settled that we own him for an additional year because of the hold out, or is 2020 his last on our books?

Was it ever settled that we own him for an additional year because of the hold out, or is 2020 his last on our books?

IIRC, the NFLPA chose not to fight that battle, I'm assuming because they knew TW's story was shady as hell. Technically, he forfeit all of 2019 and 2020 is his last year on the books. It's also non-guaranteed. Not sure how that works if he's traded, whether there would be any penalty or whatever. Would a new team just assume the hit with no cap hit here since it's not guaranteed?

In the end I think the Redskins tack on a guaranteed salary for 2021 and Trent comes back.

At 31 he is still a top 10-12 player at his position and with the need to perhaps move on from Scherff and/or Moses we can't afford to go into the offseason needing to find 4 new OL players.

Jason Peters made the pro bowl and won a Super Bowl in 2017 at age 34.

TW can go to hell, straight up money grab was all this was, peace, adios, hope you get explosive diarrhea TW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.