• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

hope for an actual defence

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
we currently have 4 guys capable of playing 3 tech effectively, Ioannidis would probably be the weakest but could put some weight on and play the one tech. we have several guys who could play end but sweat and Kerrigan would be beasts in a wide set 4-3 like del rio likes to run. the jags ran a solid 4-3 that moved the dts around a lot but relied on a solid one and 3 alignment with one dt at the 1tech and one at the 3 tech we need to see if payne can run 1 tech effectively, but allen ionnidis and settle is a great rotation at the 3 tech spot but settle may be better served gaining some size and moving to the 1 tech same with ionidis, allen will be an amazing 3 tech and payne would probably as well, using Kerrigan and sweat as the wide side end would be amazing ideally playing both on passing downs and using one of the other dts at base end on rund downs gives us a solid look, we will need to find some better linebackers for del rios system to work though and we still need upgrades in the secondary but honestly this could be the return to non garbage defence for us, something most us havent seen in decades.

Remember Haslett moving Andre Carter to linebacker after he was a DE for 9 years?

Haslett didn't believe Haynesworth when he said he wasn't going to play the 3-4.

All of that mess because a coach came into a situation with preconceived ideas and without a proper evaluation of the talent on hand.

Shanahan did some good things while here. The decisions on defense were - I think, reading between some of the lines too - where his ego shows through, and caused major problems. It's just sad that we have been unable to come out of it until (well, hopefully!) now.

Jack Del Rio in his last couple of stints as a DC has taken a bad defense to top 2. The guy knows what he is doing and we have plenty of talent in the defense to make a huge jump. Just the DL alone in a 4-3 with Young added and proper coaching will make a massive difference and help out the back end. Foster coming back to play in the LB Corp could mean we get two elite too notch players added to the defense.

In Jack Del Rio I trust.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.