• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2020

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

I'd rather keep Allen and trade Payne if we're going that route. DP didn't elevate his game nearly as much as Allen did between years 1 and year 2.

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions,

I'd rather keep Allen and trade Payne if we're going that route. DP didn't elevate his game nearly as much as Allen did between years 1 and year 2.
Let's wait until after this year to decide, compatant coaching can have a major effect. The more good players on the DL the better for the entire defense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The only solution is to run a 6-1 Front 7 :

Kerrigan Allen Payne Ioannidis Young, Sweat
Foster

But then what do you do with Settle ?
Eh, screw linebackers. We don't need 'em.
Just stack the box with Kerrigan Allen Settle Payne Ioannidis Young Sweat.

Seriously tho, that actually sounds like a great goal-line or short-yardage front.
So let's keep em all.

Last edited:

Let's wait until after this year to decide, compatant coaching can have a major effect. The more good players on the DL the better for the entire defense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oh I agree, you can never have too many stud d-linemen, San Fran is exhibit A on how they can elevate a defense. I was going off of BB's trade scenario if the team were to choose that route.

To be fair, Allen only played like 4 games his 1st year so it's easier to elevate your game. But I do think Allen is the better of the 2. I like DP but still wish we'd taken Derwin James.

It's not like Payne isn't a good player, I believe he is. However Allen is on another level when comparing the two and he's the one I'd resign if a decision needed made today to keep 1 or the other.

Manusky and his crew were garbage and there's zero doubt in my mind that Del Rio will get the best from that side of the ball. In JDR's interviews he's stated multiple times the line and D as a whole were lost in presnap adjustments

Kerrigan is *arguably* ineffective and past his prime. Love the guy but the player isn't getting it done. Holding onto him for sentimental reasons hurts this team. I'd trade him in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree 100% about Kerrigan, it'll suck to part ways because he's been one of the good guys tho. Many of our vets need traded or released for this thing to take off in the right direction.

Kerrigan
Reed
V. Davis
Trent

To start it off

Kerrigan is *arguably* ineffective and past his prime. Love the guy but the player isn't getting it done. Holding onto him for sentimental reasons hurts this team. I'd trade him in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.redskins.com/video/film-breakdown-ryan-kerrigan-sack

I dont know. I saw a bull rush like this from him, this year, that i havent seen in the past. I think he can be a good rotational DE with his hand in the dirt.

https://www.redskins.com/video/highlight-stafford-sacked-by-ryan-kerrigan-17941686

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

https://www.redskins.com/video/film-breakdown-ryan-kerrigan-sack

I dont know. I saw a bull rush like this from him, this year, that i havent seen in the past. I think he can be a good rotational DE with his hand in the dirt.

https://www.redskins.com/video/highlight-stafford-sacked-by-ryan-kerrigan-17941686

Love me some Kerrigan, but if we're being honest, there's never been a pass rusher who's traveled more ground for the sacks he's gotten than him. I have no doubt that smarter defensive coaches can put his native ability to better use. If they do retain him, let's hope we don't continue to see the big circular pointless nowhere-near-the-QB pass-rushing routes that he's specialized in the past several years. If that's what we'll see, I'd rather get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him and let some other teams fans cheer him on.

Love me some Kerrigan, but if we're being honest, there's never been a pass rusher who's traveled more ground for the sacks he's gotten than him. I have no doubt that smarter defensive coaches can put his native ability to better use. If they do retain him, let's hope we don't continue to see the big circular pointless nowhere-near-the-QB pass-rushing routes that he's specialized in the past several years. If that's what we'll see, I'd rather get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him and let some other teams fans cheer him on.
Thats why i am eager to see him at end

I will say this. Although Kerrigan has been underwhelming the past few seasons, if there was ever a guy who deserved to retire a Redskin - he's that guy.

Kerrigan is not ready to retire.

Let's see what he can do with JDR and RR callin the shots.
Could be a career year.

James Harrison played that position until he was like a DECADE older.

Give del Rio a chance

I will say this. Although Kerrigan has been underwhelming the past few seasons, if there was ever a guy who deserved to retire a Redskin - he's that guy.

This season he did regress, but last few years isn't giving him the credit he deserves...he's had double digit sacks in 4 of the previous 5 seasons, and 9.5 the one season he didn't have double digits.

I can see that round about rush you're talking about, but have to question if he was doing it to maintain the edge?

And while I do understand trading him should be considered, what would we get for him in a trade? Is his worth here for one more season more than a 4th, more than likely a 5th round pick?

I hear you on all that. But the past few years they did almost nothing but rush him. 9-10 sacks when that's your primary role should almost be a given. They've added pass rush talent around him, spent a lot of resources solidifying the middle of the line (which should force teams to the outside more) and his production is falling. He's not fast enough or strong enough to be in that role imho. You and Fear may both be right in that they may get more out of him in the 4-3 and with better defensive coaching, and that what we would get for him wouldn't be enough to make it worthwhile.

However - I'll also say this. One of the biggest issues this organization has had is a 'fear' of moving on from players on the downside of their career. This is especially true with very popular players like Kerrigan. But that's exactly what very good teams do - they move on - before a player really falls off in performance. What do the Redskins do? They hold on and hold on until guys can't be effective at all and also long enough they have absolutely no trade value. Last season marked the first time Kerrigan missed time and that's also something to look at. He's 31 years old and on the decline. You're talking about keeping him, because of what he did the past 4-5 seasons. I'm saying, that's almost irrelevant. It's about what he can do going forward. And I think that's going to be a lot less. I'd love to be wrong. But if I could get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him, I would. Just my opinion.

I was calling for Kerigan to be traded before Rivera got here. Now? Gonna see what happens, especially with Del Rio on board.

I am all for getting value for an older player who still has enough left in the tank for trade value, I also have come to believe that if Rivera keeps him around, it is because Sweat has not risen to par and/or we're not going after Chase Young.

I was calling for Kerigan to be traded before Rivera got here. Now? Gonna see what happens, especially with Del Rio on board.

I am all for getting value for an older player who still has enough left in the tank for trade value, I also have come to believe that if Rivera keeps him around, it is because Sweat has not risen to par and/or we're not going after Chase Young.

They should draft Young regardless of any of that.

They should draft Young regardless of any of that.

I didn't mean to leave the impression they should keep Kerrigan but not draft young, if they feel he is the answer and we do not get suitable calls for a trade down scenario.

I am getting used to the idea of Chase Young being our plan.

This season he did regress, but last few years isn't giving him the credit he deserves...he's had double digit sacks in 4 of the previous 5 seasons, and 9.5 the one season he didn't have double digits.

I can see that round about rush you're talking about, but have to question if he was doing it to maintain the edge?

And while I do understand trading him should be considered, what would we get for him in a trade? Is his worth here for one more season more than a 4th, more than likely a 5th round pick?

El...I haven't gotten around to checking on Chase's stats: were those stock-piled against teams like Maryland and Indiana or were there multi-sack games against the premier teams in college football? While it won't escape my notice that he didn't produce much in the big, recent games.....I'm willing to leave it to the scouting department and Rivera/JDR as defensive coaches who see what they are after on tape. Agree with you that there are options that should all be considered and weighted.

Having Chase on our defense would definitely upgrade that unit in defending the pass. However, if we're lucky enough to get something like Miami's three 1sts and possibly more we have to take it.

I could see using one on the top lt's and the other for wr or whatever while trading the third for more mid picks. Something like

1a. WR Jeudy
1b. LT
2a. CB
2b. TE
3a. LB
3b. G
4a. FS
4b. RT/G
5. RB
6. BPA
7. BPA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.