• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The New Washington Redskins Thread

Sims is talented. Kelvin Harmon is as well. But we need a big road grading TE (if he can catch passes all the better) and a true complementary WR opposite McLaurin. Our backfield is going to be a question mark. Can Guice stay on the field? Does AP suddenly get old? What do we have in Bryce Love?

I want to go offense early because I don't believe in ‘generational talent' - not that they don't happen, but until you see a guy in the pro's, you can't possibly know if he meets that bar. I've said before, I prefer an every down player when using a high pick. And I'm of the belief that with Rivera and Del Rio, and a switch to the 4-3, our defense is going to look a lot better.

All an academic exercise since they'll do what they're going to do. I still think best thing that could happen is a bidding war for pick 2 (whether it's for Burrow, Young, or Tua) that sees the Skins get an offer to trade down that they can't refuse :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find myself looking this direction a lot. Miami has 5 picks in the first 2 rounds, including no. 5 overall. Detroit may want to move on from Stafford, and Miami want to leapfrog them. Staffords number is big this year, but after this season they can cut ties and the remaining 3 years of his deal goes from $55mil to $13.5mil. I can see them looking to draft Tua and redshirting him, allowing him to rehab that hip and get to be 100%, cutting Stafford after the 2020 season.

If Miami is led to believe that Detroit wants Tua, they could be willing to trade 5, 18, 39 (2nd round pick), and another day 2 pick next season to ensure they get their guy. ... i'd be hard pressed to pass it up.

Well if we all think Young sucks thats one thing. But if we are talking about draft theory (if there is such a thing) I say take pass rusher everyone assumes is good enough to go at #2 . Every pick we make has the chance to suck. That chance rises as draft position falls, so pick your poison. Do we want one guy who is likely to be awesome, or three guys who might be able to start some day? Or whatever.

If we trade down I wont lose any sleep over it but I'm just fine going with what we've got.

agreed. I also think that Del Rio has a knack of drafting a great pass rusher his first year as DC and building off of them. Julius Peppers and Von Miller..

Well if we all think Young sucks thats one thing. But if we are talking about draft theory (if there is such a thing) I say take pass rusher everyone assumes is good enough to go at #2 . Every pick we make has the chance to suck. That chance rises as draft position falls, so pick your poison. Do we want one guy who is likely to be awesome, or three guys who might be able to start some day? Or whatever.

If we trade down I wont lose any sleep over it but I'm just fine going with what we've got.

It's a good position to be in... you either take the consensus 'most likely to hit' player at the top of the draft, or you leverage it for multiple, potentially high, draft picks. A lot of options to be had....

It's a good position to be in... you either take the consensus 'most likely to hit' player at the top of the draft, or you leverage it for multiple, potentially high, draft picks. A lot of options to be had....

Could we get a Ricky Williams type trade? ;-)

But if they're only trading to the #5 pick, plus adding more valuable picks...this is a no brainer in my estimation. In a trade scenario, at #5 we would likely be in position to draft Andrew Thomas or Jeff Okudah, Okudah being the "more potential" player at a position we need, CB, although Thomas is a great talent at LT. And if neither of them are available, then go ahead and take Jeudy.

We could still end up with a quality LT with the later 1st round pick we'd get from Miami since there are 5 potential LT's available in the 1st round.

Of course all that is contingent upon Miami wanting Tua as their man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.