• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Announce Ron Rivera as Head Coach

Call me a traditionalist but I don't consider a lawyer and cap negotiator to be a top candidate for a GM position or anything that touches personnel evaluation.

Schaffer is best known for making Snyder and Cerrato's ridiculous free agent contracts fit under the immediate cap.

If anything he was a genius in helping the dysfunction continue.

Rivera is right to separate the football and administrative sides of the team.

Everyone has their area of expertise and it's best they stay in their lanes.

If you haven't spent time as a scout or personnel director or at the very least a player in the NFL you don't belong in the GM chair.

Howie Roseman says hi

McVay's damn the contracts and let's win now has backfired and the Rams are going to be in cap hell for the next few years.

That one Super Bowl appearance might have been an outlier and not indicative of a younger Belichick trajectory.

They lost their most critical player, a franchise QB, who hasn't been healthy for the better part of 3 years. Things don't happen in a vacuum. We should be well familiar how it goes when you don't have good options at QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe...and maybe we should all be familiar how it goes when you have a bad head coach before, during and after moving through QB options.

I don't particularly care much at this point about Rivera. I think he will fix some things. I think the defense will improve. I think we will be in more games. But am I excited? *ell no. I have no idea where the Giants will end up...but I do think the Iggles and Cowboys will maintain control of the NFCE. I don't think Rivera is unique enough to make up the delta between the Skins and those teams.

Snyder's legacy is that...in the end...I just don't care anymore. I'll watch to see how the turn-around goes.

Think Rivera will break the Monday night jinx?

Eventually. Let's see..they were 4-12 in 2014 and played the Boys in a Monday night game the following season. They were 3-13 in 2013 and played the Seahawks the following season on a Monday nighter.

McVay's damn the contracts and let's win now has backfired and the Rams are going to be in cap hell for the next few years.

That one Super Bowl appearance might have been an outlier and not indicative of a younger Belichick trajectory.

You can't be "younger Belichick" with that contract for Jared Goff. I'm just going to say that right now.

I think that SB appearance gave the roadmap on how to stop them, too. Now the Rams can't even properly restock the shelves. Curious to see how the events of this past weekend affect Lamar Jackson next season.

I can't believe the Rams gave up the farm to get Jalen Ramsey, not with the dysfunction they were experiencing on offense with a regressing Jared Goff and a Todd Gurley that looks to be near done in the NFL due to his knee problems.

Snead and McVay should never have doubled down on the hand they were holding.

With those high picks still in hand McVay could have maneuvered around Gurley's cap hit in 2020 and with some improvement from Goff could have remained competitive for the playoffs.

Now, the Rams seem to be MILES behind the 49ers and Seahawks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.