• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Announce Ron Rivera as Head Coach

The more I think about it, the angrier I am getting that Snyder just doesn't get it. Man did he just throw Bruce Allen under the bus!

He had the balls to discuss the poor culture, and how important it is ridding the organization of that bad culture.

He never acknowledged that he is the common denominator in our 20 year slide into oblivion, a major component of the culture!

The more I think about it, the angrier I am getting that Snyder just doesn't get it. Man did he just throw Bruce Allen under the bus!

He had the balls to discuss the poor culture, and how important it is ridding the organization of that bad culture.

He never acknowledged that he is the common denominator in our 20 year slide into oblivion, a major component of the culture!

Did you notice also how many times Rivera used the word 'culture' ?

What's the point in him doing that? I don't think it's reasonable to expect him too. It serves no purpose. There would be those who'd like that, and an equal number who'd assign it to him just pulling the wool over the fans eyes to placate them. I mean, would you believe he's learned from his mistakes if he stood up there and took blame? The only winning scenario for him is for the team to become competitive and fun to watch again. I expect if the team ever wins a Super Bowl, after that you might hear him lament on his mistakes while trying field a winner. I think it's clear he understands the culture needs fixing and he's made a move he thinks will address it. I'll hope Rivera is the answer. I think he's got the skills to right things. Whether that means merely competitive or a contender, time will tell. Either way, the SOB has me excited for next year, damn it. :)

...would you believe he's learned from his mistakes if he stood up there and took blame?

You know I am one of his biggest critics, and will remain so until I see a real turnaround, but yes...I do expect the leader of a poor organization, who has been the only constant, to accept at least some of the responsibility for such desperate conditions.

I don't even need to hear him say, "I'm sorry."

However, to simply get up there and talk about what a terrible culture there was without accepting some responsibility says all you need to know about the man.

He's no leader!

You know I am one of his biggest critics, and will remain so until I see a real turnaround, but yes...I do expect the leader of a poor organization, who has been the only constant, to accept at least some of the responsibility for such desperate conditions.

I don't even need to hear him say, "I'm sorry."

However, to simply get up there and talk about what a terrible culture there was without accepting some responsibility says all you need to know about the man.

He's no leader!

I digress...I'm trying to remain positive about the changes made, but that just irked the shit out of me.

Edit: Let me at least give credit to Snyder for at least trying.

Edit: Also, I am growing tired of the argument that Haskins will be set back if KOC is not kept on staff.

While there is almost certainly going to be a learning curve, if he's an NFL QB...he would get past it some time during the 2020 season. We're not winning a Super Bowl next year, so if he's capable he will learn in time for us to start being competitive again.

Maybe rivera sees something about KOC's offense he thinks may not best suited for Haskins and wants to bring in someone who knows how to put together that game plan.

It's like saying that our defense should stick with Manusky because they will have to learn a new defense under Del Rio.

Last edited:
Who knows maybe calling the culture damn good and being a shitzel when the team was drowning is what made Snyder decide to fire him.

Holy crap! Dan Snyder is maybe the worst public speaker ever!!!

He opened the presser by saying, "Happy Thanksgiving!"

I feel sorry for that dude.

Betcha it takes off and goes viral, and people hold these signs up at home games.

ENT2np-WoAE8mSU.jpg

Caught a little of 106.7 when I went out to lunch to get gas. Don't know why, but the two doofuses on mid-day were talking about Rivera and went into some sort of Gruden worship, saying that he wasn't afraid to have strong coaches around him to replace him.

Seriously

Goober Gruden was the same guy who chose Manusky over Wade Philips and basically grilled Philips instead of interviewing him.

Gruden was almost as lax as Spurrier.

The players ran over him and he thought they respected him.

Caught a little of 106.7 when I went out to lunch to get gas. Don't know why, but the two doofuses on mid-day were talking about Rivera

How in the hell did those two ever get a radio job? The one guy with the high pitched voice sounds like he has a rod rammed up his ass

How in the hell did those two ever get a radio job? The one guy with the high pitched voice sounds like he has a rod rammed up his ass

LOL!!! He has a face for radio and a voice for newspaper.

No! The first 1/3 of his 60 second speech contained multiple stumbles. Dude looked like a rat that had been exposed in the night, scurrying to his find a hole to run into.

And to top it all off?

That asshole had the ballzak to suggest the culture was no good, and they needed to rid the organization of a bad culture. He totally threw Allen under the bus. Asshat thinks he can just gloss over his responsibility for the terrible culture with this team because he hired a strong coach who will stand up to him.

Any good will he had by hiring Rivera was lost in that presser, just another example that he still doesn't get it. He's the common denominator in the 2 decade slide into the shitter.

Really? Let's all hope Rivera can turn it around in spite of Dan then. I can't see RR having an issue telling Dan to go back to his office and color if/when the need arises. He seems to be what the organization badly needed at the moment.

Caught a little of 106.7 when I went out to lunch to get gas. Don't know why, but the two doofuses on mid-day were talking about Rivera and went into some sort of Gruden worship, saying that he wasn't afraid to have strong coaches around him to replace him.

Seriously

Goober Gruden was the same guy who chose Manusky over Wade Philips and basically grilled Philips instead of interviewing him.

I don't think the defensive would have been much better. When we hired Manusky he spurned us saying not enough talent for him to turn around in a short time.

If he doesn't have solid players his defense stinks and his last 3 years in LA he has led them to total defense rankings of 17, 17 and 12 this year but last year and this year that defense was stacked.

but ironically is they are saying he might not be retained and Joe Barry is the leading candidate to replace him

Just watched the presser on YouTube and holy cow, you were correct about Dan's lack of awareness and public speaking ability El. My guess is he wanted to rush his portion before a reporter asked him about meddling.

On the other side I'm impressed with Rivera's demeanor and accountability so far. Accountability for his staff and players alike. Not sure how many times he mentioned that he and the staff will hash it out on any issues, leaving no doubt about full communication amongst them is crucial.

Dan may have FINALLY found the coach to end the decades of our suffering, sure as hell appears that way at the moment.

You have to skip like the first 27 minutes of the compost banner with zero audio for some reason

I think the 'Happy Thanksgiving' was just a poor joke that nobody got. Probably something he and Ron have been joking about for 5 weeks.

He's definitely not a great public speaker, but outside of this job I wonder how much of it he's really done. It's an acquired skill if you aren't born with it and I bet he doesn't get too much practice and probably didn't get it either when he made his money.

I used to think of Snyder as this genius, evil, puppet master, master manipulator, and schemer. But the longer things have gone on, I'm really wondering if he is just a stumbling, bumbling, fairly clueless introvert who made a lot of money, but has almost zero people skills, is uncomfortable in his own skin, and who doesn't really understand how to run an organization of any kind effectively.

I think the 'Happy Thanksgiving' was just a poor joke that nobody got. Probably something he and Ron have been joking about for 5 weeks.

He's definitely not a great public speaker, but outside of this job I wonder how much of it he's really done. It's an acquired skill if you aren't born with it and I bet he doesn't get too much practice and probably didn't get it either when he made his money.

That's what has been circulating social media, but if you listen to the whole intro, he stumbled all over the place. I'm not buying it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.