• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Announce Ron Rivera as Head Coach

Seems if anything Snyder should be criticized for allowing Allen and Gruden to stay in place too long without results.

Before advocating for the drafting of Haskins in 2019 Snyder was nowhere to be found one blunder after another.

We drafted Scherff in 2015 to play RT, but he couldn't cut it in camp and was switched to guard. At No. 5 overall that is a failure. At #5 you are looking for playmakers or elite OTs.

Umm...that's a bit of revisionist history. Every report was that we were surprised by the turnaround of Morgan Moses, so we switched Scherff over to the G position because he was so versatile. Not once do I remember hearing it reported the way you have portrayed it.

Maybe you have some insight I don't, but I never heard you version of Scherff moving to G.

Umm...that's a bit of revisionist history. Every report was that we were surprised by the turnaround of Morgan Moses, so we switched Scherff over to the G position because he was so versatile. Not once do I remember hearing it reported the way you have portrayed it.

Maybe you have some insight I don't, but I never heard you version of Scherff moving to G.

I remember some rumblings of Scherff being a 'better fit' at guard but I have no idea if that was just media 'analysis' or coming from the team. I think it was probably a mix. Early on, Moses struggled and if you recall, most fans wanted him cut as a 'bust' after his rookie year. But then he sort of took off and with his long arms, size, and feet, turned into an above average tackle. At that point, made no sense to force Scherff in as a replacement. I do think it may have had more to do with Moses clicking than Scherff being unable to play the position.

I remember some rumblings of Scherff being a 'better fit' at guard but I have no idea if that was just media 'analysis' or coming from the team. I think it was probably a mix. Early on, Moses struggled and if you recall, most fans wanted him cut as a 'bust' after his rookie year. But then he sort of took off and with his long arms, size, and feet, turned into an above average tackle. At that point, made no sense to force Scherff in as a replacement. I do think it may have had more to do with Moses clicking than Scherff being unable to play the position.

This is the understanding I have had since it all went down. BB, can you give us insight? I think you paid closer attention since you'd been following Moses since his college days, IIRC.

Doc Walker said Scherff was not a fit at RT in the NFL once he sag him in practices.

And as said by others here Moses came in and surprised everyone so that the slide to RG wasn't as noticeable as it otherwise would have been.

This is the understanding I have had since it all went down. BB, can you give us insight? I think you paid closer attention since you'd been following Moses since his college days, IIRC.

The vast majority of the draft profiles said that Scherff was going to be a guard at the next level. His tape at Iowa proved that the pundits were accurate in those assessments.

Moses played both tackle positions at UVA, but the consensus was that he would be a RT at the next level. Look for Moses to regain his form next year with Bill Callahan no longer coaching the Skins. Callahan overworked his line and that is why the injuries took a toll. Moses, Scherff, Roullier, and Big Trent have suffered a number of injuries over the years due to the insane expectations of Callahan. Look for that to change for the better.

The vast majority of the draft profiles said that Scherff was going to be a guard at the next level. His tape at Iowa proved that the pundits were accurate in those assessments.

Moses played both tackle positions at UVA, but the consensus was that he would be a RT at the next level. Look for Moses to regain his form next year with Bill Callahan no longer coaching the Skins. Callahan overworked his line and that is why the injuries took a toll. Moses, Scherff, Roullier, and Big Trent have suffered a number of injuries over the years due to the insane expectations of Callahan. Look for that to change for the better.

I think those are fair points in general BB. But I think there's more to it with Moses.

Moses, and I say this as a well-recognized UVa homer - is lazy and mentally undisciplined. How can I possibly assign those harsh negatives to him? He is physically one of the most gifted players on this roster and should be absolutely dominating at his position. Instead, he's often just serviceable and reliable. Perhaps lazy is unfair. I don't know how hard he works. He just seems underprepared. He has been legitimately hurt at times, and I will give him credit for playing through a lot of injuries and showing some toughness.

On the mental side of things, he makes at least 2, sometimes more, mental mistakes a game. I'm not talking about blocking the wrong guy, or failing to pick up a blitz, or holding, all of which he is also fairly adept at. I'm talking about false starts or not knowing the snap count at all. On top of all that, he is the first player to deflect blame, whine, and refuse accountability for his own mistakes to the press.

I hope the next coaching staff rides his ass without mercy and challenges him to either get his head in the game, do the hard work to reach his potential, or they bench or trade his ass.

Last edited:
Doc Walker said Scherff was not a fit at RT in the NFL once he sag him in practices.

And as said by others here Moses came in and surprised everyone so that the slide to RG wasn't as noticeable as it otherwise would have been.

Doc Walker would probably say Alex Smith should have played with a compression sleeve on his leg this year lol

Veteran players know who can play.

I recall LT looking at Heath Shuler and questioning early on if he was an NFL quarterback.

He went Cal Bezerkeley (nobody's perfect) and I'm glad we pick him and got rid of Allen

Solid move. If nothing else, he brings a high level of professionalism, holds players accountable, and has a great reputation around the league. This will help in dealings with players, other teams, and agents.... It's also nice that an immediate plus is that he can attract other quality football people to join him - like Del Rio at d-coord. Will be nice to have the likes of Haslett, Barry, and Manusky long gone!

Intro Rivera Press Conference is Live Streaming right now.
A lot of current and former Redskins there :
Guice on the front row
AP on the front row
Jon Allen
Darrell Green
Ricky Ervins
Ken Harvey

Thank God somebody out there with creds agreed with us that this defense has 4-3 personnel ðŸ'

Holy crap! Dan Snyder is maybe the worst public speaker ever!!!

He opened the presser by saying, "Happy Thanksgiving!"

I feel sorry for that dude.

Intro Rivera Press Conference is Live Streaming right now.
A lot of current and former Redskins there :
Guice on the front row
AP on the front row
Jon Allen
Darrell Green
Ricky Ervins
Ken Harvey

Interesting that Haskins wasn't there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it a bad attempt at humor tho?

It's Happy Thanksgiving for me.

Interesting that Haskins wasn't there

He may have been.
That wasn't necessarily a complete list - just who was most visible at a certain time before it started.
He could have arrived after that, or sitting in a place where he wasn't as noticeable.
Or maybe like you said, he wasn't there. As I imagine if he was, he'd probably be notice by someone,
and would (or should) be sitting near the front.

Was it a bad attempt at humor tho?

No! The first 1/3 of his 60 second speech contained multiple stumbles. Dude looked like a rat that had been exposed in the night, scurrying to his find a hole to run into.

And to top it all off?

That asshole had the ballzak to suggest the culture was no good, and they needed to rid the organization of a bad culture. He totally threw Allen under the bus. Asshat thinks he can just gloss over his responsibility for the terrible culture with this team because he hired a strong coach who will stand up to him.

Any good will he had by hiring Rivera was lost in that presser, just another example that he still doesn't get it. He's the common denominator in the 2 decade slide into the shitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.