• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Thanks for Supporting BGO!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia

Awhile back, we announced that for a number of reasons, the state of the Redskins, costs of site upkeep, and general diminishing interest amongst Redskins fans for Redskins messageboards and communities, that we would shutting BGObsession down after more than a decade.

At the time, it felt right, it felt like a bit of a relief. And then you guys and gals starting contacting us and telling us how sad it made you. You told us what a great place this was. You posted about how much you'd miss it. And wondered where you'd go to share your misery (and perhaps someday, joy) with your favorite fellow Redskins fans. As we got closer to closure, the staff and owners were going through our own mourning period. We've put a lot of love into this site. Look around at other places. They're big, some are highly trafficked, but none of them have the friendly sense of community and brotherhood this place does. And that's all because of you all.

In the meantime, the Redskins franchise has blown itself up, and a rebirth of some magnitude is under way. Whether that will ultimately result in just another version of pain and suffering, or a return to glory, none of us can know. But to dismantle the place you all have come to for years to discuss it all, suddenly felt even more wrong.

BGO will continue. But like what's going on in Ashburn, we're rebuilding her, moving to a new community platform in the next month. We're excited to make this decision and we hope you all are too. But we could use some help. One of the reasons we were very close to closing our doors forever was the cost of the site. We have never charged a dime for access to BGO, and we never will require it. But it's an expensive community to maintain. On top of costs of moving to a more stable, modern, and more user friendly platform, server and upgrade fees are considerable. If you want a great Redskins fan community, we need you guys to step up and help us a bit with the costs. You can do so by clicking on the image at the top of this thread, going to paypal.me/InvestInTheNewBGO or by clicking the 'donate' button on the home page. For that matter - mail us a check! Please include your BGO username with your donation so we know who to thank (we have a lot of members and it can be hard to keep everyone's name straight - because we're old!).. We are happy to send any one who would like a BGO bumper sticker as a token of our appreciation.

Happy New Year BGO from the owners and staff and as always,

Hail. :cheers:

fistbump.png

A huge thank you to those below who have donated... so appreciated. We know that not everyone is able to contribute financially. One of the biggest ways you can contribute is to be active on the site, and reach out to friends, fellow fans, and folks on social media to encourage them to visit and join the site.

Our Generous Gift Contributors
@Docsandy (Recurring donation!)
@DixieFlatline
@HogFever
@SkinsOrlando
@Posse Lover
@john.hilker.9
@Phat Hog
@Chris
@Burl
@China (Recurring Donation!)
@Kel Varnsen
@Canadian Hog
@Enforcer
@Burgundy Burner
@SkinsFTW (Recurring Donation!)
Ryan Taylor
@Shi no Tenshi
@Elephant
@stevenaa
@MisterPinstripe
@Special K
@Riggotoni
@Win4us
@Solitary Man
@SilentThreat

Last edited:
And since the site will stay open, I want to ask you guys if there is a need for the Facebook page I started. There are a couple of guys on that page that aren't members here, but my loyalty lies with BGO. So let me know, if I see members start to log out over there since we're sticking it out, here...I will take that as a hint.

John, thanks for your commitment. I commit to be less annoying, and never ever ever tell you, "I told you so!"

@Om is going to shut down our BGO Facebook Page - it's a really old template. Let's keep yours up and perhaps we can convert it to the official BGO Facebook Page and you can run it for us at some point. No need to get rid of it regardless. And there is no way you will ever stop saying you told us so. We'd be disappointed if you did.

@Om ...And there is no way you will ever stop saying you told us so. We'd be disappointed if you did.

It was an empty promise.

Now, here's my next prediction.

2020 - We win 9 games
2021 - We win 10 games
2022 We win 7 games
2023 - We win 4 games as the team collapses under the pressure of dysfunction again.

:bolt:

... collapses under the pressure of dysfunction again...

You know - they make medication for that... floppy disk.

It was an empty promise.

2020 - We win 9 games
2021 - We win 10 games
2022 We win 7 games
2023 - We win 4 games as the team collapses under the pressure of dysfunction again.

:bolt:

The redskins put the fun in dysfunction!

Reading this made me more excited than anything Dan Snyder has ever done. As soon as payday rolls around, I'm totally on board. I had a hunch 2020 would be a great year, this is one huge step toward that becoming a reality. Thank you so much to everyone who had a hand in making this possible.

Happy New Year indeed!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to Boone and company!

This community is probably the most special part of being a Redskins fan right now. Redskins fandom would not be the same without it.

I have done a bit of reflection in the past few days. 2019 was a roller coaster of a year for me. I underwent 12 chemotherapy treatments and 20 radiation treatments for Hodgkins Lymphoma. The best news I received in the year 2019 was by far when my oncologist told me I'm cancer free back in May. The news that was shared about BGO keeping its doors open does not rank too far behind that in terms of my 2019 good news stories/moments. Hopefully, if it was not already known, this personal story helps to put into perspective how special BGO is to so many of us.

Thank you. I am beyond thrilled!

- CH

Wow brother - I am so sorry you and your family had to go through that. You're a special part of this place. We never know what folks are going through. I wish everyone would realize this. The world would be a lot kinder, gentler place if we did. So glad you got through it and have a clean bill of health. You're a big part of this place. Love ya brother!

I was about to say earlier, I would have been willing to stay with the site, even if it meant downgrading to a "super basic, budget site" with zero bells and whistles, in order to stay within budget.

I think the new site will be simpler and less cluttered. But we'll see. We have a lot of work to do - entire new software platform to learn. There will be some features we don't currently have, but some of the ones we've had here may not be 'translateable' to the new site.

I think the new site will be simpler and less cluttered. But we'll see. We have a lot of work to do - entire new software platform to learn. There will be some features we don't currently have, but some of the ones we've had here may not be 'trans Alateable' to the new site.

For my part, I can't donate anything but my inimitable wit, surly demeanor, and general poor hygiene at the moment...but in no time I will be able to do so and will. Oooh! And I still have my old Commodore 64 that I can ship out immediately if it will help with website formatting and/or administrative functions. It, uh, has a couple of burn marks on the monitor from the time I threw it in the fire at the beach bbq, but it has like a full bit of hard drive space, and half the keyboard still works. Sometimes.

Happy New Year everybody!

CH, I just read your last post. I thought I had some struggles this year. I don't know the meaning of the word. I am glad you came through with what sounds like the best possible outcome, and I hope you continue to enjoy good health. All the best moving forward brother.

CH, I just read your last post. I thought I had some struggles this year. I don't know the meaning of the word. I am glad you came through with what sounds like the best possible outcome, and I hope you continue to enjoy good health. All the best moving forward brother.

Thank you so much. I by no means wanted to stray the focus of the thread. I simply felt it was important for John to hear that personal account in order to help convey how important this beautiful Redskins community is to so many of us. The work the bosses do impacts us far more than they realize and I am so glad this will be able to continue.

Happy New Year indeed!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to Boone and company!

This community is probably the most special part of being a Redskins fan right now. Redskins fandom would not be the same without it.

I have done a bit of reflection in the past few days. 2019 was a roller coaster of a year for me. I underwent 12 chemotherapy treatments and 20 radiation treatments for Hodgkins Lymphoma. The best news I received in the year 2019 was by far when my oncologist told me I'm cancer free back in May. The news that was shared about BGO keeping its doors open does not rank too far behind that in terms of my 2019 good news stories/moments. Hopefully, if it was not already known, this personal story helps to put into perspective how special BGO is to so many of us.

Thank you. I am beyond thrilled!

- CH

Glad you beat the monster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.