• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Does Anyone Here Still Have The Passion They Once Had For This Team?

On a similar note, I see the loons on ES are out in full force. They're amped up about how exciting the hiring of Rivera is and how things are finally going to turn around, etc.

I can't figure out if they're new and clueless, or just have short term memory. Dan Snyder has a 20 year history of swindling us with splashy hires to give us hope.

I'm never taking the bait again. You have to prove yourself to me before I get worked up, we've traveled this path before and we're still here. Walking in circles.

Marty, the ol' ball coach, Gibbs II, Shannahan....between them produced 1 playoff win, and a .420 win percentage in 11 seasons.

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.” - George W. Bush

I admit that im in the camp of tempered excitement. The team is making some good moves. Dan very well could hire a crony to run the team like Bruce and its all for nothing... but right now, why shouldnt fans be happy that their team is making the changes weve all wanted for the last few years?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm with ya Derek, VERY tempered but I gotta admit I'm amped enough to be checking for Redskins news multiple times a day for the first time in years.

I'm with ya Derek, VERY tempered but I gotta admit I'm amped enough to be checking for Redskins news multiple times a day for the first time in years.
There things happening that opem the door to the belief that Dan has changed. There was a report that he "told" Haskins not to back in the game. That later was clarified that he instructed Haskins to 'follow the recommendations of the trainer.'

This is much more in line with how we have wanted our owner to work.

There have been a handful of conflicting 'reports' about front office personnel over the last week. Reports that Bruce would be stripped of football ops but remain with the team.. only for him to get fired Monday morning. Reports of schaffer getting by national media only to get debunked by local guys who are in the lockerroom. The same reports about Santos. I think this was done intentionally. The bruce rumor of reassigning not only got the pulse and reaction from the fanbase, but all 3 of these are sniffing out leaks... something we have needed to do for years.

Dan is talking to football people about football decisions. Urban Meyer and Alex Smith apparently have Dans ear. Both of those guys have forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know.

Seeing now that Jack Del Rio is the new DC. Another big time football guy that will be in the building. Saw reports that Rivera will be involved in the hiring of a GM. THATS A GOOD THING!!!!! IF that ends up being true... i understand that is a big if... then our HC and GM might actually be on the same page for the next few years.

We fire the head trainer after 17 seasons and some of the worst injury riddled seasons we have ever seen.

Dan is appearing to expand his circle and it looks to include the right kind of people, while putting the team before his friendships of Bruce Allen and Larry Hess.

Again, this could all be useless, but the window is now open to change the dynamic of the franchise. The decisions made over the next 6 months will have a major impact on the next decade. Dan is now in position to actually make the right decisions.... a position we havent really been in for 20 years.

I dont have a lot of confidence that Dan makes the right calls... but its refreshing to at least be in a position that the direction has a chance to change.

There things happening that opem the door to the belief that Dan has changed. There was a report that he "told" Haskins not to back in the game. That later was clarified that he instructed Haskins to 'follow the recommendations of the trainer.'

This is much more in line with how we have wanted our owner to work.

There have been a handful of conflicting 'reports' about front office personnel over the last week. Reports that Bruce would be stripped of football ops but remain with the team.. only for him to get fired Monday morning. Reports of schaffer getting by national media only to get debunked by local guys who are in the lockerroom. The same reports about Santos. I think this was done intentionally. The bruce rumor of reassigning not only got the pulse and reaction from the fanbase, but all 3 of these are sniffing out leaks... something we have needed to do for years.

Dan is talking to football people about football decisions. Urban Meyer and Alex Smith apparently have Dans ear. Both of those guys have forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know.

Seeing now that Jack Del Rio is the new DC. Another big time football guy that will be in the building. Saw reports that Rivera will be involved in the hiring of a GM. THATS A GOOD THING!!!!! IF that ends up being true... i understand that is a big if... then our HC and GM might actually be on the same page for the next few years.

We fire the head trainer after 17 seasons and some of the worst injury riddled seasons we have ever seen.

Dan is appearing to expand his circle and it looks to include the right kind of people, while putting the team before his friendships of Bruce Allen and Larry Hess.

Again, this could all be useless, but the window is now open to change the dynamic of the franchise. The decisions made over the next 6 months will have a major impact on the next decade. Dan is now in position to actually make the right decisions.... a position we havent really been in for 20 years.

I dont have a lot of confidence that Dan makes the right calls... but its refreshing to at least be in a position that the direction has a chance to change.

Hey look - I quoted a shit-ton of text only to give a brief reply!

So can you. We don't care :)

That is a great post ST - really good insight. Thanks for sharing :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.