• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Thank You Adrian Peterson

Bulldog

The Legend
Reaction score
No player pointed up the dysfunction of Jay Gruden's term as coach more than Peterson.

He didn't want to bring him here in 2018 and he ran for 1,000 yards and was the team's only offense.

In 2019 Gruden tried to embarrass Peterson by sitting him in favor of a guy that couldn't negotiate a set of stairs without tearing a ligament.

Peterson at 34 is likely to finish with around 900 yards.

That's 1,900 yards in 2 years.

Peterson will be in the HOF, Gruden will be a footnote in NFL history.

HopefullyPeterson will get the chance in 2020 of going to a contender to get that title.

Thanks for being a beacon of NFL pride that wouldn't give in to the unprofessional elements we are finally flushing out of the building.

I agree with all that... and I literally mean all that... but doesn't he still have another year on his contract here?

Since neither Guice nor Love has shown he can stay healthy, and Haskins isn't ready to be more than a game manager, I think it's self evident we need him back.

We don't know what Rivera will do.

Perhaps like Baltimore he goes out and signs a Mark Ingram type proven back and eliminates the log jam of injured backs in Guice, Love and Thompson who as a group contributed little in 2019.

Yes but some are assuming he won't be brought back
Possible but imho it makes no sense to move on. Hes not a major cap hit with a drastic drop in production. His age means he likely isnt here if/when this team is where we want it to go, but you could do a lot worse for rb depth at a similar cost.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So much contradiction in both the article and the tweet.
First the obvious - they say 5 assistants are retained, but only 4 are named.
Second, they flat-out say Tomsula is gone...then only sentences later they state that it's only an "assumption" that he's gone.

Yeah, it's not entirely clear for sure. I will cut Julie Donaldson a lot of slack - she broke a ton of news over the past 24 hours and probably hasn't slept much. And she's a lovely lady :)

I'm sure some of this will be clarified pretty shortly. Rivera introductory press conference tomorrow. It'll be interesting who else speaks.

We don't know what Rivera will do.

Perhaps like Baltimore he goes out and signs a Mark Ingram type proven back and eliminates the log jam of injured backs in Guice, Love and Thompson who as a group contributed little in 2019.

Or they draft one in the 3rd round who can actually compete for the starting position.

I'm hedging on Bryce Love to be fully healthy come training camp, and wowing everyone. If you go back and look at him at Stanford, he's special.

Or they draft one in the 3rd round who can actually compete for the starting position.

I'm hedging on Bryce Love to be fully healthy come training camp, and wowing everyone. If you go back and look at him at Stanford, he's special.
Damn right. Love is gonna wow some people... and not in the sense of byron westbrook or sultan mccullough

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We literally have no idea what we have in Bryce Love or Reuben Foster. Could be huge.

Love is not an every down back and came to us unable to walk.

To me you keep Peterson and continue to look outside.

Lol... no one with a complete ACL tear can walk. Funny you mention this in an AP-related thread, since he had the same injury and has wrought havoc for years since recovering from it.

Look - I get it. The Redskins have been crushed by injuries for multiple years now. We are gun shy and traumatized and skeptical as hell and it's completely understandable and rational.

But Love, as a junior at Stanford in 2017, rushed for more than 2,100 yards and 19 touchdowns. He averaged an absurd 8.1 yards-per-carry that year. Maybe he'll never be the same guy. But if he is anything close to that guy, we got the steal of the draft when we used a 4th rounder to pick him.

That doesn't mean I disagree we need to keep AP and also bring in another reliable back. But writing off Bryce Love is super premature imho. I should probably acknowledge you didn't write off Bryce Love and I agree 100% that he's lightning in a bottle, not an every down back type. I'm really just saying that if he is anything close to 100% when he returns, he is a threat to break one every time he gets his hands on the ball. I pray he and Guice can get healthy and stay that way as they would be a devastating combo.

All You Need is Love. trumpets: da dee da da da. (not Strumpets Boone).

1960s reference.

I know I'm beating the positivity drum today. I haven't forgetten the curse or Dan Snyder. I'm just tired of expecting the worst. Really tired. Gonna try and imagine good things in 2020. Remember, there's nothing you can do that can't be done. Love is all we need :)

Boone, Love is not built to be an every down back in the NFL. He's a change of pace back who if everything goes right can make some big plays in space.

But he's not a 250 carry back playing in the NFC East on equal terms with Barkley and Elliott.

Boone, Love is not built to be an every down back in the NFL. He's a change of pace back who if everything goes right can make some big plays in space.

But he's not a 250 carry back playing in the NFC East on equal terms with Barkley and Elliott.

Agreed. You probably didn't read my edit because I realized I didn't make that clear. He is *potentially* one helluva 'lightning' to someone's 'thunder' though. Whether 'thunder' is AP, Guice, both, or some FA to be named, I don't care. But I am stoked to see what he can do if he get's fully healed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.