• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RI: Live: Mike Shanahan news conference at combine

@DCGoldPants

The Rookie
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/?hpid=news-col-blog-viewall

Posted at 10:33 AM ET, 02/26/2010
Live: Mike Shanahan news conference at combine
Mike Shanahan is speaking to the media at 10:45 a.m. ET from the combine in Indianapolis. Rick Maese and Jason Reid will tweet highlights on site, and Cindy Boren will chime in from D.C. As soon as it starts, we'll show the live tweet stream below ...

RickMaese Shanahan is done here, fyi about a minute ago

RickMaese While QBs arent throwing here at Combine, Shanahan says he'll attend pro days himself and watch prospects in person 4 minutes ago

RickMaese Shanahan dodges question on Clinton, saying he wants everyone to make offseason commitment 5 minutes ago

JReidPost Shanahan wants everyone to commit to the offseason program: "I want everybody to be as good a football player as they can be." 5 minutes ago

RedskinsInsider RT @JReidPost On where #Redskins stand in the NFC East: "It will be a challenge for us to get this organization back to where it's been." 5 minutes ago

JReidPost On where the Redskins stand in the NFC East: "It will be a challenge for us to get this organization back to where it's been." 6 minutes ago

RickMaese Of O-line, Shanahan offers little assessment, saying that they battled injuries last year 7 minutes ago

RedskinsInsider RT @Rich_Campbell Shanahan says he strongly considered taking the Buffalo HC job. 7 minutes ago

RickMaese Shanahan says he gave strong consideration to Buffalo. but jokes his wife wouldnt live there w/ him cuz of weather 8 minutes ago

JReidPost Shanahan gave "strong consideration" to joining Buffalo. 8 minutes ago

RedskinsInsider RI bloggers can help. RT @RickMaese Shanahan: Still in process of evaluating players on roster. Says you need to see them in person to know 8 minutes ago

JReidPost Still in process of evaluating Jason Campbell. 10 minutes ago

JReidPost Shanahan expects a lot of competition at the quarterback position and he expects Jason Campbell to "be here." 12 minutes ago

RedskinsInsider RT @Doug_Farrar Rams GM Billy DeVaney on Adam Schefter's claim that STL will take Bradford: "I'm glad Dr. Schefter has cleared him." 22 minutes ago

RedskinsInsider Coming in about 10...Mike Shanahan presser... 29 minutes ago

Finally accountability and competition. I think I am most excited about Shanahan not taking crap from players. You do what you are told and expected to do or face the consequences. Shanahan coming on board has instantly given this organization respect that it hasnt had for awhile.

here is another cool one I saw via twitter and Rick Maese

Mike Shanahan says team will use 3-4 defense but will use 4-man front. Needs d-linemen t be very versatile
32 minutes ago via mobile web

Kyle Shanahan will callbplays next year
33 minutes ago via mobile web

Kyle Shanahan will callbplays next year
Aw man ... and I was just getting used to having one coach call runs, one call passes, both of which relay through a coordinator before being sent to the quarterback except for the two minute offense and special teams calls which are called by the head coach that used to call all the plays before having that duty given to a bingo caller who was hired by the guy who just got fired along with everyone he hired.

I like the idea of Kyle calling the plays while Shanny coaches up the players on the sidelines. Kyle is a younger mind and had some success with his play calling in Houston.

I read elsewhere that Shanny has already proclaimed Portis his starter next year. I really didn't think Portis showed much last year, but I admittedly don't follow this team as closely as the rest of you. You guys think Shanny is serious or maybe just playing a card with Portis' standing in the locker room?

I read elsewhere that Shanny has already proclaimed Portis his starter next year. I really didn't think Portis showed much last year, but I admittedly don't follow this team as closely as the rest of you. You guys think Shanny is serious or maybe just playing a card with Portis' standing in the locker room?

I was told by someone credible that Shanny has given CP an alternative.

1. You wanna be here, you're going to work out and do EVERYTHING you're told.

2. You don't do what you're supposed to and you're out of shape, you're gone! Point blank!

I think the main reason they may end up keeping CP is because of the guaranteed money.

Last edited:

2. You don't do what you're supposed to and you're out of shape, you're gone! Point blank!

I think the main reason they may end up keeping CP is because of the guaranteed money.

In Denver, Mike didn't allow any dogging and it didn't take a lot to get into his doghouse. While the guaranteed money could come into play, if Portis does ANY of the stuff he did last preseason, don't be surprised to see Shanahan string Portis out until close to the final preseason cuts and then let him go. If Portis is gonna collect all that money but not work hard for it, a late cut would make it harder for him to latch onto another team and collect big bucks from them as well.

Little Napolean, as I used to call him while in Denver, can be a shrewd bastage when he needs to be.

In Denver, Mike didn't allow any dogging and it didn't take a lot to get into his doghouse. While the guaranteed money could come into play, if Portis does ANY of the stuff he did last preseason, don't be surprised to see Shanahan string Portis out until close to the final preseason cuts and then let him go. If Portis is gonna collect all that money but not work hard for it, a late cut would make it harder for him to latch onto another team and collect big bucks from them as well.

Little Napolean, as I used to call him while in Denver, can be a shrewd bastage when he needs to be.

yup, its definately going to be something to look closely at. I'm just not of the belief that CP remaining with the team is set in stone, as others would like to promote. Personally, I love how Shanny conducts business. Its time for real some accountability.

I believe this 100%.

Portis is being given a chance to show he'll get with the program. BUT.....if he doesn't. They'll cut his butt at the worst possible time for him.

either way it's $7.2M the team has to pay Clinton in 2010.

if he can be productive for the money so much the better.

if he shows he doesn't want to after giving him the offseason to prove it, then the team can cut him before or during training camp.

either way it's $7.2M the team has to pay Clinton in 2010.

if he can be productive for the money so much the better.

if he shows he doesn't want to after giving him the offseason to prove it, then the team can cut him before or during training camp.

I think that basically sums it up. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.