• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Looks like Bradford is gonna be the #1 overall pick

Lanky Livingston

Sorry Ish, looks like the Skins won't even have the opportunity to draft Bradford at all. Now that his health has been cleared, looks like the Rams are gonna take Bradford with the number one overall pick.

I posted this in another thread, but here is Daniel Jeremiah's tweet from last night:

I said last week that the Rams wouldn't be deciding between Suh and McCoy but rather Suh and Bradford...Looks like they're leaning Bradford

http://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/9650706883

Here is a follow-up article from him:

Here is a simple Pros/Cons list for the Rams on Suh vs Bradford

Suh- Pros

1. Best player in the draft
2. Rams don’t have a dominant interior DL
3. High Character

Suh- Cons

1. Already have a ton of money invested in the DL
2. Not a deep QB draft- Won’t be a QB worthy of the 33rd pick
3. Can upgrade the DL in the 2nd round at cheaper price

Bradford-Pros

1. One of the most accurate QB’s to come out in the last 5 years
2. Excellent intangibles (leader, worker, winner, smart)
3. Team has a HUGE hole at the position and needs a face of the franchise

Bradford-Cons

1. Durability- Can he hold up to the NFL pounding with his narrow frame
2. He doesn’t come out of a traditional NFL drop back offense
3. Who is he going to throw to? Are they better off adding other pieces first before adding the QB?

Click link for rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, unless this is a giant smoke screen, here's a comment from the Rams GM Devaney:

Rams GM Billy Devaney comments on Adam schefter's Bradford report..." I am glad Dr. Schefter cleared him medically...WE ARE ON TO ROUND TWO

link

If Bradford is indeed the #1 overall pick, then we have Detroit and Tampa in front of us. Tampa is reported to be enamored with Suh, but I don't think he'll make it past Jim Schwartz and Detroit, who coached Haynesworth in Tennessee. My guess is that Tampa cannot trade down, they will go with Dez Bryant. This is just a hunch, but that offense is missing an explosive playmaker, which is what Bryant is.

That would put the Skins in quite the predicament, as Gerald McCoy AND Eric Berry will be there. McCoy is a 3-4 NT candidate. He's not huge, but he's dominant at the point of attack, which is key for a NT. And playing next to Haynesworth would make his job less demanding. Berry is the best safety prospect to come out since Sean Taylor, and the secondary was a huge weakness for us last year. But I just can't see them drafting a safety in the top 6 picks yet AGAIN, even though its a new regime, so I would think that Berry is not an option.

I think it will come down to a choice between these two, assuming the draft plays out like I think:
Jimmy Claussen - a definite possibility, especially if he blows away the combine
Okung - pretty much the consensus #1 wish list pick for Redskins nation

Honestly, I would be perfectly fine with Campbell at QB while we build the O-line. I think he would be serviceable with a quality O-line.

Trade back a couple of spots, pick up 3 quality O-linemen in this draft, and I think we can win with Campbell. I DO think he needs to be replaced, but I think we can be very competitive with him as long as we have an improved O-line.

I am still not buying into the switch to a 3-4, we just can't build on that right now when the offense is in dire need. Our D has a couple of needs, but not like our offensive line. Just like the rumor mill about JC going to Buffalo, it is pure speculation. What I see with Bradford gone and McCoy or Berry available at the #4 pick is a better opportunity for a trade down.

I am not so sure Tampa or Detroit pass on those two tackles. Both teams need those players. But hey, Tampa is not being run all that well lately so maybe they will go after Clausen. LOL!

Edit: Well it looks like I am wrong. According to a report in another thread, Shanahan proved my hunch wrong!

Last edited:
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We must give our entire draft to the Rams, plus one pick a year for 20 years and some cash!

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We must give our entire draft to the Rams, plus one pick a year for 20 years and some cash!

Take a deep breath and relax. Cousin Vinny is gone.

Looks like the smoke and mirrors game has begun.

Our first test. We'll see if the danny is gone or not.

IF he had a danny mancrush on Bradford, we'll see if we do try to do a deal.

Personally, if the Rams aren't floating BS, I'd like to thank them for taking the temptation away. Maybe now we'll concentrate on our sucky line

Our first test. We'll see if the danny is gone or not.

IF he had a danny mancrush on Bradford, we'll see if we do try to do a deal.

Personally, if the Rams aren't floating BS, I'd like to thank them for taking the temptation away. Maybe now we'll concentrate on our sucky line

Don't you remember, Danny went to scout Clausen. That's who Danny has the mancrush on. He'll still be available at #4.

If Bradford is gone (big if, I think the Rams are wisely testing our new FO) then you draft the best LT at that 4 spot and roll from there, whether its Okung, Campbell or Davis

Someone needs to come up with a great offer to move from that 4 spot. I am talking an offer like Seattle trading both of their 1st round picks, or the 49ers trading the 13, 17 and a 3rd to move up.

Or else you stay there and get a foundation player for your team that can be an all pro for a decade.

I just don't buy into the Rams drafting Bradford, and with Shefter and Shanahan's relationship I got no doubt something is brewing.

Not saying we WILL, or that we SHOULD but .... if we draft Gerald McCoy, I think we would have the best front 7 in football.

Not saying, I'm just saying. :)

Don't you remember, Danny went to scout Clausen. That's who Danny has the mancrush on. He'll still be available at #4.

Danny and Vinny...Vinny's a Notre Dame guy, so I'm sure he had a lot to do with that scouting trip.

I know a team like the Rams have a problem because they NEED a QB, but you have some awesome DTs out there.

However, I look at this QB class, and feel guys like Bradford and Clausen are in the top 10 because it seems 2 QB's always are. In my view, NO QB THIS YEAR IS WORTH A TOP !10 PICK.

If you're going to tender Campbell and keep him at least for 2010. I'd rather take the OL now, and a Dan LeFevour later in the draft. Or another "2nd tier" QB. I think they are all 2nd tier.

Over at Walter Football they are talking about a rumor that the Rams will trade their No. 1 pick to the Buccaneers for the No. 3 overall pick, a third-round selection and quarterback Josh Johnson. The Bucs would then select Suh and the Rams would select Clausen at the 3rd slot. That sounds crazy on the surface but the Bucs would get the player they want in Suh and the Rams still get their pick of the QBs at 3 as well as picking up a 3rd round pick and a backup QB or at least a guy who can probably play until Clausen is ready. Crazier things have happened.

Kiper has Clausen as his top rated QB (for whatever that's worth) but has Suh as the best overall player. That would leave the top three looking like:

1. Suh to the Bucs
2. McCoy to the Lions
3. Clausen to the Rams

It doesn't really change what we have been talking about at the 4th slot unless we have secretly liked Clausen all along.

Sorry Ish, looks like the Skins won't even have the opportunity to draft Bradford at all. Now that his health has been cleared, looks like the Rams are gonna take Bradford with the number one overall pick.

Suh- Cons

1. Already have a ton of money invested in the DL
2. Not a deep QB draft- Won’t be a QB worthy of the 33rd pick
3. Can upgrade the DL in the 2nd round at cheaper price

OK, so how about dealing Campbell to the Rams for that 33rd pick? The Rams get Suh and a QB who can start right away. Everybody wins in MY little world. :doh1:

After looking at Mike's press conference yesterday he didn't show any cards as to who the Skins will pick. I kinda like the suspense and his "close to the chest" attitude. seemed to me by the time the draft was here the media already knew who we was going to pick and most of the time they was right. (Orakpo's pick was just a no brainer)

Looking from the outside, you have to think he will make sure to setup Kyle with the best tools to use. They are both sharp and they both know what they want.

OK, so how about dealing Campbell to the Rams for that 33rd pick? The Rams get Suh and a QB who can start right away. Everybody wins in MY little world. :doh1:

Pull a Wizards eh? I could almost live with that, considering the group of underachievers we've had here

I find it difficult to believe that Spagnuolo after being the Giants DC for years would be interested in Campbell, who had some very rough games against NY.

I think the Eagles are finding it rough sledding right now trying to get a late #1 or early #2 for Donovan McNabb, and yet you think a team would pony up the first pick in Round 2 for Campbell?

I don't see it.

It would be nice if they took a look at QB Z. Robinson in the later rounds.

Wait and see,

We have almost 2 months before the draft. A great deal of things will happen before then.

Expect Mocks to change daily.
Expect lies and more lies being leaked to the press or made up to fit somebody's agenda.
Expect FA to have some impact despite many players becoming RFAs and a generally poor FA class.
And don't forget pro days.......and teams bringing in players for private meet and greets/workouts.

That's what makes The NFL Draft special, there is such a build up and drama to where a player (who may or may not do anything in his career) may go that for those reasons alone is worth watching the draft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.