• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO's Last Day

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
A number of you have asked when the site will close.

BGO's last day of operation will be Monday, 3 February (the day after the Super Bowl).

We will ensure we have contact info of this season's contest winners so we can get prizes out. For anyone who isn't aware, @Elephant has opened a Facebook group 'The 5 O'Clock Club' that we encourage you to join so those that desire can continue to stay in touch. That page also has chat functionality so those that want to continue game day chats can continue to do so.

If anyone has any questions, please let us know.

I encourage all of you to go to Elephants site

So I got a forwarded news (?) piece from a buddy of mine the other day about Facebook charging users in the near future. Knowing this person as I do, it could easily be fake news that took him for a ride. The mental faculties here are far better judges of whether this is true or not. Thoughts? I only bring this up because many of us are going to keep in touch through El's page there, and if this does come to pass, well, that would suck.

I think that rumor gets floated every year. Can't imagine they'd go that route.

I think that rumor gets floated every year. Can't imagine they'd go that route.

I think they would lose money in the long run. Their earnings this year will nearly be double what they were expecting from their ad revenue, so the need to charge is not there.

The day they do that is they day they lose millions of members. They are an ad revenue based platform that just made Zuckerberg $27 Billion in the last year (and that's when Facebook is supposedly declining). I'd say your friend has indeed been taken for a ride.

The day they do that is they day they lose millions of members. They are an ad revenue based platform that just made Zuckerberg $27 Billion in the last year (and that's when Facebook is supposedly declining). I'd say your friend has indeed been taken for a ride.

Is there an echo in here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.