• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Horrible Trent Williams News - His Dogs

What a dumbass, he's actually claiming it's the lab's fault.

The sooner we cut him the better, compensation or not he brings nothing to the team as is

People that have large numbers of dogs in a small space are simply irresponsible. Both Pitbulls and Pitbull Mastiffs are powerful aggressive dogs. I know that the dog zealots will come out screaming that they are not 'problem dogs'. I think the facts say otherwise. There was a 15 year study of breeds involved in dog bites at UVa. Guess what? Pitbulls were responsible for one quarter of all bites. And I think the % of that breed being involved in deadly or serious 'pack attacks' involving maiming or death is probably even higher.

Having that many dogs together is a problem. It sounds like in this case, they managed to get hold of the lab through or under the fence and basically tore it apart. That's sad. But there are far worse outcomes one could imagine.

Pitbull owners always speak to how gentle and loyal these dogs are. They are known for being fiercely loyal to their owners. But they are infamously aggressive when it comes to other animals and most pit resources recommend keeping them away from other breeds/animals. They also have a strong 'guard' personality. I think that contributes to attacks on humans since if they don't know you, that instinct may cause them to view you as a threat.

I will never understand human beings who prioritize their animals and how they 'feel' about them over the potential health and safety of other humans.

What medical staff did TW call in and did he wait for an analysis?

John, I'm going to push back a little. I have a friend who trains K-9, she lives in a residential area, and has 10 kennels in her back yard where she boards dogs that she trains for police a1nd other professional k-9 needs...mostly bigger, aggressive breeds...Cane Corso, German Shepherds, Belgian Mallinois.

She only has about a quarter acre of land in her back yard. She is extremely responsible, but has a large number of aggressive dogs in smaller area.

As for Williams...I'll wait til I know everything before jumping in to admonish him, even though it does look bad. I have a breed of dog equally as dangerous if not more, than a pitfall for a reason. I wanted a guard dog, one that would protect my family since my wife does not like guns. If some dog, or other animal...even a perpetrator, were to make it into my yard, it probably wouldn't end well for them either. And I won't apologize for it.

Last edited:
I'm not going to paint all dog owners with a broad brush. Of course there are exceptions. Same thing with individual dogs. I have no doubt there are pits that are loving and don't pose a danger. But the breed is known to have serious aggression towards other animals. They are also known to attack and even kill humans. The incidents aren't isolated. And they're known to be far more aggressive in a 'pack' situation.

I don't want to overstate it. German Shepards are wonderful dogs, but also have an innate aggressive nature. It's not about any particular breeds being 'evil'. All dogs have certain genetic traits that owners must be aware of. What I have a problem with is pitbull and other aggressive breeds whose owners want to pretend are just like other dogs. They aren't. And if dog owners want to ignore reality and humanize aggressive animals to the extent they put their dog's welfare above their fellow humans, well - it's just a matter of time before something regrettable happens.

I agree with your assessment of owners thinking their pitbulls are not a breed that is innately aggressive. I have a bunch of friends who have pits, and I rarely trust their dogs.

Many HOA associations ban pit bulls because of the insurance liability.

I grew up with a German Shepherd and he was really MY dog, he tolerated my Dad.

But we knew early on he needed a fenced yard and leash only walks in residential neighborhoods.

We took him out on weekends for longer outdoor trips where he could run and not be a danger to others.

I see 110 pound people today trying to walk 110 pound Rottweilers in close in communities and they swear they can control them.

In most cases these folks are kidding themselves.

Typical NFL player reaction from Williams. For some reason some of these guys can't let Sundays speak for themselves but act out ‘visible ‘toughness' in their personal lives by having large gun collections, breeding dangerous breeds of domestic and exotic pets, etc.

They are then tone deaf when things happen and people or animals get hurt in their communities.

One can question how the dogs are being managed when Williams is away from August to January each season.

If the answer is his 23 year old cousin comes over to feed them and check in, etc. then adequate management is lacking.

Last edited:
That he said the Lab went after his dogs was laughable at best and typical Trent bullshit. Have you all ever had a Lab? Protective on their turf, 110lb babies anywhere else. My cats used to abuse my Lab... that's no lie or even an exaggeration.

As a long time Rott owner I can attest to some of the concern here, my current dog is a handful and the thought of some mousy 100 pound person trying to control him if he sees a squirrel for example is not pleasant.

Pits are not by nature any worse behaved but that breed might be the most inbred breed in the world and that has led to multiple issues. Furthermore they have been bred as fighting dogs and bred FOR aggression for a long time now so the breed at best is not to be trusted. They also lock on and never let go once locked in so they are doubly dangerous. Pack dynamics are not to be understated but this is another case of if done right it's fine. TW is not a guy I would have predicted was going to do it right...so no shock there.

Last but not least as a vet tech in the past of over 2 decades I can attest that pits are nowhere near the meanest dogs, that goes to the Chihuahua by a country mile. They are petulant, aggressive and a little nuts, but fortunately small enough that when they do bite it's often harmless. That UVA study was narrow in its scope in terms of data, no other way to come to the conclusion of 25% of bites are by pit bulls....key stat is REPORTED bites. When you account for all bites Pits are nowhere near the top.

That he said the Lab went after his dogs was laughable at best and typical Trent bullshit. Have you all ever had a Lab? Protective on their turf, 110lb babies anywhere else. My cats used to abuse my Lab... that's no lie or even an exaggeration.

Nope, sorry folks but you are all going off pretty half cocked here. I had a 140 massive Rottweiler who was strong as an Ox. Big dog that most dogs are smart enough not to mess with. My buddy's Lab that was VERY dog aggressive attacked my Rott and it took 2 of us to keep my dog from killing that dog (my dohg wound up with a big puncture wound in its ear, the Lab was cut in several places). I also have a neighbor who's lab does it's best to attack us when we walk by daily and upon getting out twice has done just that....3 houses down the street. My dog thinks Labs are puppies so he doesn't do much but it could get ugly real quick with no owners present. The notion that Labs can't be stupid, reckless and aggressive to the point of picking a fight they won't live through is just nonsense. Labs don't know the nature of Pit bulls or what our inbreeding has done to them. From that Lab's perspective they were 2 dogs on the other side of its fence, not 2 dogs of a breed everyone is terrified of.

Anyone's 'personal experience' and anecdotal beliefs based on them is irrelevant to some degree. There are plenty of statistics showing which breeds are most aggressive and prone to attack other animals and humans. The 'but my dog is perfectly fine' argument doesn't really change that. Obviously there are exceptions (pits, rotweilers, danes, sheperds who are gentle and friendly, and labs or other dogs of supposedly gentle, friendly breeds who are mean and dangerous).

But there are facts that support caution with several breeds - dogs that probably have no place, in general, in community settings, with misguided owners, or around children or other animals.

It was a pitfbull and lab mix.

I think it's worse than Trent caring more about his animals than about other people's potential safety, I think he doesn't care about either except in the "this mine" aspect. It's probably a breeding facility and no one has caught on. The fact that he doesn't care at all and these dogs have gotten loose (not just the one attack) is a sign of a defect in his character.

And please, let's put to rest this thing that "it's the owner not the breed" the statistics are clear, especially fatal maulings of people just out and about on their own turf, killing kids that the dog is definitely used to, and I remember a tragic story: A woman had these pit bulls since they were pups, they were friendly, not aggressive, etc. Somehow she's also a babysitter. You know where this is going--the pit bulls (2 or 3 she had) killed the child she was watching. They had no history of attacks or aggression and this woman hadn't just adopted abused animals. If there are breeds that can have health issues, breeds that serve as good shepherd dogs, hunting dogs, companion dogs, etc. could there not also be a breed that is best kept separate from other people and animals and perhaps never in a pack? I mean humans deliberately bred them, they're not (usually) even phenotypically like wolves. I find such reluctance to make statements on dog breeds to basically betray an inability to do so on other subjects, either from weakness or shame or a truly naive view of the world.

That said, it's not the only breed with a problem, of course. And what one esteemed poster said about the inbreeding is true.

The biggest problem is the power they bring to the table. It's lethal where other more "aggressive breeds" do not bring lethal power. The inbreeding makes them crazy and without a direct line to Staffordshire blood back in England it's pretty tough to tell if a Pit's gene pool has been polluted with inbreeding. Great dogs individually but as a breed unpredictable and something to be wary of at best. And with other dogs or in a pack...yea it's just prudent to assume the worst and plan for it. ie don't give them access. It really sucks too because many of them are just sweetheart dogs, but who can really chance it? Some breeds should only be raised by very experienced handlers...this is one of them.

Again though NFL players don't take the threat seriously.

I have been a gun owner for years and the Plaxico issue where he carried a gun in his front pocket to a club to go dancing when the gun discharged and cost him the balance of his career is just an example.

A lot of these guys think living on the edge by carrying guns or breeding attack dogs is simply ‘cool' and a ‘rush'.

They aren't mature enough at 20-25 to understand the risks properly.

And often other people pay for the mistake.

I get more grief from purse puppies than the bigger breeds on my daily bike path walks. the rescue german shepards,white english retriever, golden retriever, pit bulls,dalmation/great dane mix go out of their way to make sure to receive a pat and or rub from me. ( It could be the breakfast burrito smell on me from McD's or Taco Bell

Hasn't played in over a year, will want a new deal and is a puff away from missing an entire season. Sure, Trent...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.