• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Rumors swirl of Jason Campbell trade

BGO

Rumors of trades and free-agent signings abound every year at the NFL scouting combine, but most years the sports writers at the combine don't share those rumors with their readers until they move out of the "rumor" category and actually...

More...

Let the rumors begin...

I thought Whitner was a SS. Am I wrong about that? If so, this rumor makes no sense at all since we already have something of a log jam at the position as it is. If he is a FS, this deal might make some sense, especially with the pick thrown in but then I am left to wonder who plays QB this year since Shanahan is reportedly loathe to start rookies.

FWIW - I really won't buy this till it happens.

This trade only makes sense for Washington if Buffalo includes its #1 or #2 picks in the deal.

You don't trade a starting quarterback for a safety and a late round pick.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

tell you what. If they were willing to give us their #2 this year, and the 1st rounder next year. I'd be down with it.

Then again, Buffalo isn't run by Vinny or Jerry Jones. So, they might not be so dumb.

Ugh, Florio is such a turd. LaCanfora made one small mention of this on his twitter feed, and all of a sudden it becomes PFT's next big piece. I dont' know how he got so famous - anyone can throw a handful of **** at a wall and have at least a tiny bit of it stick.

first time poster here. Really nice layout on this site. As for Whinter, i believe he was drafted as a corner, then he was converted to a FS. I wasn't aware of him being a SS.

Last edited:
Thanks authentic, we've put a lot of work into the look and feel of the place, and we're just getting warmed up :)

first time poster here. Really nice layout on this site. As for Whinter, i believe he was drafted as a corner, then he was converted to a FS. I wasn't aware of him being a SS.

Whitner was definitely drafted as a safety. He may have been recruited to OSU as a corner, but he definitely played safety for them, and that's what he was drafted as.

Mosley Says Campbell Trade Rumor is False

Personally, I consider this good news...

If you had asked me after the St. Louis win early in the season, I would have said good riddance JC. I am inclined to at least tender him to see what other teams would be willing to give. If he stayed for at least one or possibly two more years, I would like to see what Shanahan could do with him.

With a weak FA QB class and a very weak QB draft class, if the Skins would even fathom a trade of Campbell, the minimum should be a mid-round 1st pick.

I expect the Skins to probably do a 1st and 3rd tender of Campbell, it's not much more than a 1st round tender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.