• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins elect not to pay Trent Williams' $5.1M salary

I love it, because I think he's lying and doing everything out of greed.

With everything else going on.....too empty to care any longer.

It's not even clear to me the real drivers behind a lifelong identification with a professional football team. It certainly isn't the emotional roots one carries through life to our collegiate days and teams....those evocative feelings of transition, new responsibilities and independence. I know early ni it was simple - winning. It wasn't friendly. I wanted my Redskins to beat the living tar out of every foe. I wanted to see excellence. I wanted to walk on a high every Sunday and, not infrequently, in January. From the arrival of Vince Lombardi to the peaks of Joe Gibbs - the franchise delivered. Then, like the NFL itself, it began to change. The character of the players changed. The rules changed. The money flowed in torrents. Politics intruded into sport. The ownership changed.

The franchise doesn't deliver any longer. And neither does the NFL. It's detached from its history. Simply another TV production. It's dying - but doesn't know it yet.

Another potential grievance and suit.

Yes, as with McCloughan the team will probably prevail but it is just another distraction that should have been dealt with months ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.