• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

MAJOR SITE ANNOUNCEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a sad day, but it's been an outstanding journey. The work the staff has put in over the years has been amazing, and with such a great group of members, this has been the best site for Skins fans bar none. Been discussing the Skins with some of you since the days of the old sporting news forum, so it's hard to say good by...

Did you say The Sporting News? You were there?

Wow. That IS a blast from the past. Over 20 years ago now. Nice pull. :)

I am gonna miss you guys.

Our beloved team has become a disappointment and caused many of us to lose a certain degree of interest. But I fully understand your reasons and don't blame you.

I do have to say this has been perhaps the best Redskins fan site out there. The people I've interacted with here are not just names and avatars, but rather you all are
family.

Thanks for 10 great years.

As Boone mentioned a short time ago, the BBQ blog will continue until the site closes and the bulk of my work will then be featured on Riggo's Rag.

I will have some thoughts to share with you in the BBQ thread shortly.

Thanks for a great ten years. I have enjoyed it and cherish all the memories that have been made along the way.

I just wanted to say thank you for all your work. Your in season stuff is good, but the off season stuff is second to none. It's why I would come to the site in the off-season to see who was available and get an idea of what the team would do. Not that the team always has a clue, but it gave me a better idea of things. You had knowledge of things most of couldn't dream of knowing, and it made it fun to come see what you has each update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for making this site ten years ago and for operating it for such a long time. In my opinion, it's the best Redskins site on the internet.

Quite frankly, this dumpster (in its current form) organization doesn't even deserve a site this good. It really doesn't even deserve fans.

You've provided a remarkable place to hang out and discuss a variety of topics with some great people. I definitely appreciate all of the time and money invested to make it happen. Thank you for your hard work.

Basically, how I feel has been stated by everyone else already. I'm just thankful that this place allowed us misfits and castaways from ES find a new and better home here. I've made a lot of good friends here, no other site even begins to compare to what you guys achieved with BGO. I wish you guys all the best going forward in everything you do.

I definitely appreciate all the hard work and dedication you guys put making this site what it is.

I remembered when I got the invite to come by and check things out. I'm glad I did. This place was home for a very tough time in Redskin history. It makes things a hell of a lot easier to be able to bitch and moan among friends (you know who you are).

So I raise a cold brew to one and all. Here's to the good times, and to better times. Hail!

Will the last Schottenheimer in the building please turn out the lights?

There's an old saying, "For everything in life, there is a last time". I came here in the beginning, exiled from that "other site" and was here for a bit until Mrs Sarge got ill. After she passed, football didn't matter much to me, and when it started to matter again, dan snyder rode the train right off the tracks.

THANK YOU for all the time and effort guys. It was a far better place than the zoo from which we came. And I don't blame you one bit for wanting to do other things. In fact, I'm glad you all came to that realization without something major happening in your lives. Life is waaaaaaaay too short not to do the important things with the ones you love.

Hopefully one day the team won't suck ass anymore, and we can all find each other again when it's a little more enjoyable.

Live long and prosper

Last edited by a moderator:
Well damn. This was the last bastion of Redskins Forums on the net.

Since we're now entering this site's swan song, let me be blunt: The other so called Redskins forums flat out suck.
They either edit posts that contain negative criticisms of the team or are run by asshats who think they own the internet.

You guys never operated that way. It always felt like I was going over to hang with friends who loved the Redskins...especially on the game day chat,which I'll miss most of all.

The whole: Ax is bringing the salsa,Boone's bringing the mead and Om bringing his Bread albums...shtick...was awesome and made you feel at home on Game day.

Sure, we fussed and cussed and got frustrated with each other over the direction of the team or whether this player was great or whether he was a bust...but at the end of the day,everyone had the Redskins best interest at heart. And I love that about this bunch!

So next fall,when this team tries again to put together a season, I'll look at my autographed Sonny Jurgensen helmet,that I won here in the pick 'em contest, and think about BGO and the sunny slopes of long ago.....

Thank you guys so much for your time and effort!

Appreciate all the love in this thread, both for us, and for each other. It's been an awesome time.

The origin of friendships never ceases to amaze me. I still have close friends from elementary, middle and high school who still hang out regularly, our wives have become friends, and have kids who are now friends. These are still some of my very best friends now that we've moved into our 50's...a group of about 12 of us.

Then there are the friends I've made outside of this circle of friends, many who scoff at me when I tell them how close I am to the guys from as far back as elementary school....a couple from my college days, a few former co-workers, and from my 12 step group=

Then there are the people I've met on the Internet. It blows me away that I have a few people from my online footprint I consider as close as those 12 guys from my childhood...a couple I've only ever seen face to face a handful of times, but who have helped me through a couple of the most trying times in my life...the loss of my father and my brother being 2 of those times. I have a couple of those friendship as a result of my membership on this site, a couple of whom I will go so far as to say I love like family.

So it saddens me to think we will lose this place to come to chat, joke, share common likes, some dislikes, to talk about movies, even politics...as futile as it was... but mostly to share about our beloved Redskins, or not so beloved these days.

The friends I've made here have carried over to other forms of social media, and I have the phone number of a few of you guys, and gals to call or text when the need occurs. But I will miss all of you here, on our forum, brought together by a love of one common entity.

I do know a free platform we can use that won't be as fancy, won't be the same, won't be available to all since some of you won't use Facebook, but I just started a group I hope many will join, just to keep contact.

I won't have any rules in the group other than maintaining the same respect you all have given me over the years. All are welcome. My name is Brian Schurman, feel free to send me a FB friend request. I hope to see you there.

If you're not on FB or Twitter, and we may never speak again...as with most things in life, many go their separate ways, we lose touch, we wonder what ever happened to that guy or gal...in the digital age it makes it easier to keep up with at least some...however for those here who I will lose touch, I will miss you all! God Bless you all! Thank you for telling me what I needed to hear, not necessarily what I wanted to hear on many occasions, thanks for your support and respect...thanks for being a part of something genuinely special!

I will walk away from this site a better man, I can assure you all of that. Oh...and I'm glad I didn't wait until the season was over to come back! ;)

Last edited:
Wow. Can't say I'm surprised. The Redskins have over the last 20 years sapped the passion out of many of us. The "Obsession" is gone. And with the time and financial commitments, I can see how the trade-off is no longer worth it.

I would like to thank you for all your efforts over the last decade in putting together a wonderful site to discuss the Redskins, as dreary as it often has been. Kudos to you all and best wishes in your future endeavors.

:cheers:

tenor.gif

Wow, the newbie thread is a blast from the past. Blondie, what ever happened to her? She was here before my extended absence. Sweet Sassy Molassy et al. Good time here and other places with some of those folks

Thanks to everyone, and a special thanks to Om for inviting me to this site.

Wow, the newbie thread is a blast from the past. Blondie, what ever happened to her? She was here before my extended absence. Sweet Sassy Molassy et al. Good time here and other places with some of those folks

I'm guessing no Rock Cartwright = No Blondie... :cocksure:

I had to go check it out,. and man the nostalgia oozes out of that thread, it was great. I forgot all about Serv. Smartest guy I've ever talked to. Anyone know what ever became of him?

I do know a free platform we can use that won't be as fancy, won't be the same, won't be available to all since some of you won't use Facebook, but I just started a group I hope many will join, just to keep contact.

I won't have any rules in the group other than maintaining the same respect you all have given me over the years. All are welcome. My name is Brian Schurman, feel free to send me a FB friend request. I hope to see you there.

Great idea - especially since it includes a ‘group chat' feature. I hope everyone e here will join Brian's ‘5 O'Clock Club' group on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a bunch of BGO Oval stickers. If anyone wants a few as keepsakes - PM me and I will happily send some your way.

I have a bunch of BGO Oval stickers. If anyone wants a few as keepsakes - PM me and I will happily send some your way.

I'd love one, sending you a PM. My dad has rocked one on his Jeep for about 7 years, he loves it. And it held up better than any bumper sticker I've ever seen. It looks just like it did the day he put it on, very high quality.

Yeah - we lucked out with the vendor...they are really high quality. Wish I'd gotten a lifetime supply of our original hats. We never found another vendor who'd do them for us because the logo had aspects of the Redskins imagery in it. I'd love to have a couple of those.

Btw Nathan, feel especially bad that we're closing it down since you just reconnected with us. Sorry for that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.