• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Today's Inactives

Miles Monroe

The Owner's Favorite
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:

• No. 8 QB Case Keenum
  • No. 22 S Deshazor Everett
  • No. 25 RB Chris Thompson
  • No. 35 S Montae Nicholson
  • No. 47 Aaron Colvin
  • No. 67 G Wes Martin
  • No. 85 TE Vernon Davis

No. 7 Dwayne Haskins is expected to start in place of No. 8 Case Keenum at quarterback.

No. 87 Jeremy Sprinkle is expected to start in place of No. 85 Vernon Davis at tight end.

Seems the redskin D made that td pretty easy

Haskins needs to put something together here

Imagine if we could have picked Peterson as a rookie, could have built a team around him alone.

Are the sacks Haskins is taking on him or the o-line?

Hes's has free rushers in his face at least twice, and Peterson picked up the wrong guy on one.

Hes's has free rushers in his face at least twice, and Peterson picked up the wrong guy on one.

Sounds about right with our offense. AP was churning out some yardage today tho so he gets a mini pass.

This offense just sucks

It was a scaled down game plan with the intent to lean on the run to get Haskins some confidence with a short passing game from what I can tell. What baffled me was they couldn't really stop the runs to the left side. Peterson was doing his best to the left, and we start running up the middle for crap yardage.

One thing that I cannot figure out is wth is wrong with our 3rd down and redzone playcalling, those 2 areas seem to be our kryptonite. I wonder if Oconnell is using Jay's philosophy of do the opposite of what's working, or just wing it and see if the play works.

Somewhere in that forsaken playbook there's gotta be a handful of plays that are pretty much money for 5 yard chunks, you would think anyway. It appears the skins call everything except what they need to move the sticks and sustain drives. I't's borderline maddening

Watching through box score the one thing that still remains is calling ONLY runs on 1st down. Heck they could stand to spread em out and run a draw once in a while on 1st down.

The biggest inactive for this game was the pass offense.

That part of the gameplan 'blue book' was left on the plane and Callahan and Co. had to improvise on the fly.

The biggest inactive for this game was the pass offense.

That part of the gameplan 'blue book' was left on the plane and Callahan and Co. had to improvise on the fly.

I keep seeing everyone so upset by this, but I have to ask...what do you expect with a young QB who simply has not gotten the playbook down?

You expect a vanilla offense so the rookie can make as few mistakes as possible.

Actually, Elephant when you are running the ball for 100 yards and 5.0 per carry with Peterson that is the BEST time to use play action to isolate a receiver downfield one on one and give Haskins an opportunity to make a big play using his best weapon, an accurate downfield arm.

I am not suggesting that the Redskins should have Dwayne throwing the ball 35 times a game at this stage.

But you have to look at the defense and how they are reacting to the success you are having on the ground to use it to your advantage and try and score a touchdown.

This team?

Even when we moved the ball down the field, we continued to run until we were stopped and had to kick field goals.

If you take a play action shot around the 40-45 yard line you might not have to drive 85 yards each time to get 3 points.

Actually, Elephant when you are running the ball for 100 yards and 5.0 per carry with Peterson that is the BEST time to use play action to isolate a receiver downfield one on one and give Haskins an opportunity to make a big play using his best weapon, an accurate downfield arm.
=

And from what I've seen, they actually did run play action at times when the run game was working in the 1st half w/out the success they'd hoped for since Haskins couldn't get the ball downfield.

the middle of the field was open from what I saw.

if an offense can execute a hard slant or a intermediate crossing route the opportunity is there for good yardage, even a breakaway play.

a young quarterback's best friends are a pass receiving TE and running back.

I don't see Smallwood being lined up in the slot as I did when he was in Philly in 2017.

So, that's one weapon that the defense doesn't even have to account for - the back as a receiver.

And Jeremy Sprinkle is all but invisible. They throw him the obligatory 1 or 2 balls during the game, but he never seems to make any plays and the blocking at the point of attack by the TEs is still subpar.

Another player we have kept around for 3 years despite his career arc not trending upward.

We should have brought in genuine competition through the draft in 2019.

The fact the Redskins in the fourth round took a player in Bryce Love that is ALREADY down with a major injury and unavailable to the team almost has me laughing and crying at the same time.

Doesn't this team have enough injury prone players on the roster where we don't have to DRAFT guys that can barely walk when they are selected?

For a winning team like New England which has 3 picks in Round 4 and another 2 picks in Round 5 most years, you can take a chance on a guy like that and wait a year to see if he recovers his form.

For a team coming off 7-9 and lacking offensive playmakers, this is a move you just don't make.

the middle of the field was open from what I saw.

if an offense can execute a hard slant or a intermediate crossing route the opportunity is there for good yardage, even a breakaway play.

a young quarterback's best friends are a pass receiving TE and running back.

I don't see Smallwood being lined up in the slot as I did when he was in Philly in 2017.

So, that's one weapon that the defense doesn't even have to account for - the back as a receiver.

And Jeremy Sprinkle is all but invisible. They throw him the obligatory 1 or 2 balls during the game, but he never seems to make any plays and the blocking at the point of attack by the TEs is still subpar.

Another player we have kept around for 3 years despite his career arc not trending upward.

We should have brought in genuine competition through the draft in 2019.

The fact the Redskins in the fourth round took a player in Bryce Love that is ALREADY down with a major injury and unavailable to the team almost has me laughing and crying at the same time.

Doesn't this team have enough injury prone players on the roster where we don't have to DRAFT guys that can barely walk when they are selected?

For a winning team like New England which has 3 picks in Round 4 and another 2 picks in Round 5 most years, you can take a chance on a guy like that and wait a year to see if he recovers his form.

For a team coming off 7-9 and lacking offensive playmakers, this is a move you just don't make.

I went back and looked at the 1st half and it looked like they were trying to run play action after some success with the run,. Not all the time but that wouldn't be good either...Haskins doesn't have the weapons as you rightly state, but he also missed some open players choosing the dump off because of the pressure. Looked like Buffalo was not fooled...that defense is pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.