• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Eagles to cut ties with Westbrook

@DCGoldPants

The Rookie
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4939019

Eagles to cut ties with Westbrook

The Philadelphia Eagles announced Tuesday they will release running back Brian Westbrook.

A news conference is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET Tuesday to announce the move.

"Brian is one of the greatest Eagles of all time and he is an even a better person and leader," coach Andy Reid said. "In my mind, there has not been a more versatile running back that the NFL has seen. I had a conversation with Brian this morning to let him know. This is by far the most difficult part of this job. We wanted to make this move in order to maximize Brian's chances of landing with another NFL team."

Westbrook, who has been with the Eagles since 2002, is the franchise's all-time leader in yards (9,785) after being selected in the third round from Villanova.

"Brian Westbrook is one of the most electric players in the history of this franchise and is certainly also one of the most popular," Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement. "He was personally one of my favorite players to watch each and every Sunday and his playmaking abilities, leadership and values will be missed."

Said team president Joe Banner: "We all know how valuable Brian was as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles and he will certainly go down as one of the greatest Eagles of all time. But what really showed me how special a person Brian is, was watching the way he interacted with my children. That said more to me about Brian than anything else he could have done on the playing field. We will miss him both as a person and as a player."

First LT, now Westbrook. Writing on the wall, if you ask me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.