• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Post-Game Skins Quotes 10/20/19: Redskins Players

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
REDSKINS QB CASE KEENUM

On if the weather changed the offensive game plan:
“It definitely impacted the game plan. I think we stared off with 12 or 13 straight runs. I thought the offensive line played really well tonight and so did [RB] Adrian [Peterson] who usually plays well. We couldn't get points when we needed it. We played the field position battle a few times, but it just didn't work out. Just being able to catch, snap and punt the ball in that weather was unbelievable. It's just frustrating when you have a chance to score and you don't.”

On the affect the rain had on the passing game:
“There's certain times for going down field, but you really try to match it up with what they're doing on defense also. It's just tough conditions to keep your feet underneath you, snap the ball and everything else. I thought [C] Chase [Roullier] did a great job tonight snapping the ball. There's no excuses. We have to do better at the end of the day. The conditions were the same for both teams.”

On if there were a lot of visiting fans:
“There was a lot going on tonight with the weather being so bad. It's hard to tell what color they're in when everyone has on rain jackets.”

On what his message was to the team during the game:
“I told the offensive line they were playing really well and the few sacks we gave up today were my fault. It's unfortunate because it really should have been a no sack night. We were running the ball well and receivers were making some plays when we got opportunities. We just didn't make enough.”

On the fourth down play where RB Adrian Peterson got stopped short:
“They made a great play. They have a great defensive line. It's tough to move the ball in this league, especially against a great defense. We have to execute that better next time, all of us.”

On getting prepared with a short week:
“Obviously, physically, trying to recover as quickly as I can. That's what everybody's going to do starting tonight. Mentally, it's definitely tough playing on Thursdays. But I mean, you can't watch every piece of film, you can't overthink things which is nice. You just go out there and play football.”

On playing his former team the Minnesota Vikings:
“A little bit. Only thing I'm thinking about right now is that I know it's going be about 70 degrees with zero chance of rain there.”

On the sacks:
“There was one where it was a snap count miscommunication, and that was all directly my fault. I hate giving up sacks at any point, but a pre-snap type penalty like that is tough. Then the last play of the game, we're going to try to give our guy a chance and try to get the ball out of bounds.”

On how he handles the emotions of playing his former team:
“That's another game, they're a great defense. I can't let any emotions or anything else cloud what's important and what's my job. I think it will be a great rematch against a great team.”

REDSKINS WR PAUL RICHARDSON JR.

On if the poor weather conditions were one of the worst he has played in:
“Yeah.”

On what the weather did to the passing game:
“It probably threw off the timing. We've got to be able to make plays. I don't think we had any drops because of the rain. I don't think about it as much.”

On the 49ers celebration at the end of the game:
“I don't think anything of it.”

On the defense that the 49ers ran against the Redskins:
“They ran their base defense – they ran cover-three, they ran quarters. I think that it wasn't really what they did, I think we need to just execute better.”

REDSKINS WR STEVEN SIMS JR.

On moving onto the Minnesota Vikings after this loss:
“You've got to let it go right now. You've got to focus and get ready for Minnesota tonight. Start switching over into Minnesota tonight. Leave here maybe in an hour, talk with your family about the game and then you've got to put it behind us.”

On avoiding penalties and turnovers:
“They did pick them up this week. It was still a focus for us this week, but it didn't go as we planned. And we had one turnover today. I don't think [RB Adrian Peterson] wanted to turn the ball over, just the conditions and everything played a part, so we'll just keep working and get ready for Minnesota.”

On things the 49ers did defensively to limit the Redskins offense:
“Nothing. They knew we were going to run the ball. They really didn't change anything. We've just got to execute.”

On if the footing on the field was difficult:
“I wouldn't say it was that difficult. It was sometimes, you know, it would affect you.”

On if the weather conditions were the worst that he had played in:
“I think that was the worst I've ever played in, yes, personally.”

On if the turf held up:
“It was holding up good. It was soaking wet out there. For them to cover the field up and it's still wet like that, that is crazy.”

REDSKINS LB RYAN ANDERSON

On the playing conditions:
“It was wet, real wet. Cold, windy, slippery, miserable.”

On the frustrations of missed opportunities:
“It was disappointing. I can tell you on the defensive side, there were some times where we could've gotten the ball out. We should have. That's all I worry about and that's all I can control. Offense, they moved the ball well. [K Dustin Hopkins] Hop, he kicked good in the circumstances. I can't harp over that as a defensive player. My thing is, I had a few opportunities to get balls out that I didn't get out. I'm sure other players did and that's what we want to do. We want to force more turnovers and help those guys as much as we can in the conditions because the ball is slippery for our offense, too. We've got to punch the ball out and get more turnovers.”

On consecutive sustained drives given up by 49ers offense:
“As a defense, we've got to stop those and limit those in these type of ball games where time is very, very, very important. We need to get the ball back – three and out – and get it back to the offense in those conditions to get them as many chances as they can to get some points up. That's something that we've got to be better at.”

On putting pressure on 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo in the red zone:
“It was good. It's always good when you don't let the opponent score, but in this case, it wasn't enough. Like I've said, we've got to create some turnovers and we've got to change the field position and the momentum a little bit. So, we've got to take that next step.”

REDSKINS T ERECK FLOWERS SR.

On the number of penalties thrown:
“I would talk about penalties, but I see they're giving out some good fines. I can probably take my kids to college with how much they're giving out, so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut on that.”

On how the mentality has changed under Interim Head Coach Bill Callahan:
“I think our run game is picking up. I think that we're prepared, we're running. It's just that sometimes in this league, you've just got to wait for your turn for things to go your way. You've got to weather the storms and the next thing you know, you've got some success. I just think we've got to keep doing what we're doing and don't look back. Got to be positive with everything you're doing and hopefully things will start going your way.”

On the difficulty of adjusting in harsh conditions:
“I thought, personally, when we came out, we were running the ball well. Like I said, it is what it is. It's one of those things you can make an excuse for, but, shoot, their offense was dealt the same card. We've just got to keep doing what we're doing. We've got to start getting more successful with what we're doing.”

REDSKINS CB QUINTON DUNBAR

On how difficult it is to break on the ball as a defensive player:
“Most definitely. You've got to be conscious when you're breaking because with the elements and the rain and the muddy field, you can't really break how you want to break because of the conditions.”

On whether the 49ers game plan was different than what he's seen on film:
“Nothing. They ran what they ran. What we've seen on film is they're a run team first, so they came out and tried to run the ball. I feel like we were pretty effective with that and we were competing. Just got to get a win, try to find a way to get the W.”

On whether he was frustrated with the offense's performance:
“It's not frustrating at all. We've got to do our job. I don't really get into the offense because I'm not on that side of the ball. Just trying to focus on the defense and continue to build and get better on that side of the ball. We're not perfect.”

On what the defense struggled with:
“Some of everything. Of course, a top-five offense is going to get drives and things like that, but a good thing we did was make them kick three.”

REDSKINS K DUSTIN HOPKINS

On if the weather conditions forced him to change his approach:
“Yeah, you definitely can't be as aggressive. You've got to ease your way into it so you don't slip, so there's that. It's one of those things that at some point you've just got to be like, ‘alright, let's hope for the best and do my best and see what happens.”

On if he had played in such poor weather conditions before:
“Once in college. When – at Florida State we were playing Jacksonville State and they almost got us in a day like that.”

On if he saw the 49ers players doing the sliding celebration on the field after the game:
“No, I didn't see that. I saw some guys slipping and sliding make catches and stuff, but no, not after.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richardson is proving to be another Bruce Allen free agent that comes in and underwhelms us.

He had one productive season in four in Seattle and we give him $40M.

Watch us release him in 2020 with little to show for it.

Richardson is proving to be another Bruce Allen free agent that comes in and underwhelms us.

He had one productive season in four in Seattle and we give him $40M.

Watch us release him in 2020 with little to show for it.

Yep. Yet another guy 'with all the measureables' - except the ability to play football at a high level.

It's what we do.

Don't forget injury-prone!

We love these type of players who are constantly rehabbing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.