• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Today's Inactives 10/20/19

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
ANNOUNCEMENT OF INACTIVES

LANDOVER, Md. – The Washington Redskins have announced the following inactives and lineup changes for today's game against the San Francisco 49ers:

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:
o No. 12 QB Colt McCoy
o No. 22 S Deshazor Everett
o No. 24 CB Josh Norman
o No. 25 RB Chris Thompson
o No. 40 LB Josh Harvey-Clemons
o No. 67 G Wes Martin
o No. 85 TE Vernon Davis

The 49ers declared the following players as inactive:
o No. 3 QB C.J. Beathard
o No. 19 WR Deebo Samuel
o No. 23 CB Ahkello Witherspoon
o No. 44 FB Kyle Juszczyk
o No. 69 T Mike McGlinchey
o No. 74 T Joe Staley
o No. 93 DL D.J. Jones

No. 87 Jeremy Sprinkle is expected to start in place of No. 85 Vernon Davis at tight end.
No. 38 Simeon Thomas is expected to start in place of No. 24 Josh Norman at cornerback.

No. 67 Justin Skule is expected to start in place of No. 74 Joe Staley at left tackle.
No. 60 Daniel Brunskill is expected to start in place of No. 69 Mike McGlinchey at right tackle.
No. 41 Emmanuel Moseley is expected to start in place of No. 23 Ahkello Witherspoon at cornerback.

Fan,

The Redskins have no playmakers at RB, TE or at QB.

We have one qb with a downfield arm but evidently he can't listen to a call in his headset and effectively communicate it at the line of scrimmage despite having the playbook since April.

How many points do you expect against a top 5 defense?

McLaurin is a good player with upside but he is not going to beat another team by himself.

No argument Bulldog. My gripe is that the offense has been a known problem child. Better expressed, this team/FO can't seem to improve offense and defense in a synchronized manner that results in overall improvement. I get limiitted resources, etc. At the end of the day, as you have implicitly argued for yerars, its all about how the FO builds the roster. To be blunt, I see no consistent strategy/philosophy year in and year out.

We'll see how it all plays out at the end of the year. I don't see this team wining too many more games this season. It'll be interesting to see how quickly and what decision is made on Callahan at season's end. Ironically, I'm half disposed to keeping him cuz I don't think any quality coach will want to sign on with this FO. Doing so for a ton of money as the sole incentive will just bring more of the same. As just about everyone has posted at one time or another: hire a real GM, bring in an established coach, and let them run football operations: FO stay the **** out of it. Manage the cap so there is maneuvering room to to what needs to be done to move this team in the right direction. It's been done by multiple franchises. We can do it as well. But the FO needs to back off and stop pretending to be football savvy - they clearly aren't even close.

Agreed.

The team has consistently bungled the quarterback position and you don't win without a legit passer in today's league.

McNabb was over the hill at 34 and we gave up a #2 and a #4 for a player the Eagles were likely going to release at the end of 2010.

The trade for Griffin cost this team 4 high draft picks that together were greater compensation than the Broncos gave up to get John Elway. Meanwhile, Griffin was never ranked as that kind of prospect.

We got it right on Cousins not being a top 5 passer but failed to trade him when good compensation was offered.

Then there was the Smith trade. Instead of drafting DeShaun Watson and rebuilding Bruce went for the quick fix and acquired a 35 year old qb for a team that lacked the playmakers he had in KC.

Instead of letting him play out his deal we inexplicably gave him a rich contract his mentor Andy Reid was unwilling to do after deciding his future laid elsewhere with Patrick Mahomes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.