• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins to Honor Chris Samuels with Ring of Fame Induction

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
October 14, 2019

REDSKINS TO HONOR CHRIS SAMUELS WITH INDUCTION INTO TEAM'S RING OF FAME ON OCTOBER 20TH

ASHBURN, Va. – Former Redskins tackle Chris Samuels will be inducted into the Ring of Fame on Oct. 20 when the Redskins face the San Francisco 49ers at FedexField. He will be the 51st member of the Ring of Fame and will join London Fletcher as the two Redskins to be honored in 2019.

Chris Samuels was selected by the Redskins with the No. 3 overall pick in 2000 NFL Draft. He went on to play all 10 seasons of his career in Washington. Samuels started at left tackle in all 141 regular season games in which he appeared in as a Redskin and also started in the three postseason contests that the Redskins appeared in during his tenure with the team.

During his 10 year career with the Redskins, Samuels was widely regarded as one of the game's premier left tackles. He was selected to six Pro Bowls in 10 seasons and his six Pro Bowl appearances as a Redskin ranks sixth most in franchise history, trailing only Chris Hanburger, Charley Taylor, Darrell Green, Ken Houston and Trent Williams. Samuels four consecutive Pro Bowl selections from 2005-08 are tied for the fifth longest streak in franchise history, trailing only Ken Houston, Trent Williams, Len Hauss and Chris Hanburger. In his rookie season with the Redskins in 2000, he was selected to the PFWA All-Rookie Team.

“When Mr. Snyder called me and told me that I was getting inducted into the Ring of Fame, I was excited because there were so many great Redskins before me – guys like Darrell Green, John Riggins and all of those guys,” said Samuels. “Just to be among those guys right now and in that position is just truly great. It is an honor and a blessing. I love the Redskins organization and the fans and it is just a great deal for me to be inducted in.”

More information about the Ring of Fame and its 50 current members can be found online by accessing https://www.redskins.com/news/history-ring-of-fame-table.

-REDSKINS-

Hopefully his name will be spelled properly, not “Christy Samuelson” or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.