• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The problem with Dan

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
is that he was a huge fan and thinks he knows football. his success at bussiness has never translated to the skins and his meddling actually harms the team.

case in point, we are talent deficient, not "poorly coached" although that is a problem, the real issue is that we lack talent at many key spots, we have never been good at the back end of the draft, we have never been good at finding hidden gems. and frankly the idea that giving pitssburgh our draft picks (which will obviously be good ones for the foreseeable future) to get a coach who has had regular season success in the past 13 years is borderline retarded. we have never stockpiled even decent players, we need every pick we have and we need to find a way to get more. (trade every aging vet)

we will finally have some great draft picks, what we need to do is put all our resources into the scouting department, put a coach in place with proven systems that match what we currently have on the roster and go from there.

I like Bowles as a DC, I think we need to look hard at young OC's and find a solid motivator/team builder type at HC who knows what he knows but more importantly knows what he doesnt know.

also if Bruce doesnt display some serious genius in this draft then he needs to be gone, no if ands or buts. I am only saying that because I doubt snyder will fire him this year anyway, so give him a chance and make sure he knows, this is it, this is for his career.

is that he was a huge fan and thinks he knows football. his success at bussiness has never translated to the skins and his meddling actually harms the team.

case in point, we are talent deficient, not "poorly coached" although that is a problem, the real issue is that we lack talent at many key spots, we have never been good at the back end of the draft, we have never been good at finding hidden gems. and frankly the idea that giving pitssburgh our draft picks (which will obviously be good ones for the foreseeable future) to get a coach who has had regular season success in the past 13 years is borderline retarded. we have never stockpiled even decent players, we need every pick we have and we need to find a way to get more. (trade every aging vet)

we will finally have some great draft picks, what we need to do is put all our resources into the scouting department, put a coach in place with proven systems that match what we currently have on the roster and go from there.

I like Bowles as a DC, I think we need to look hard at young OC's and find a solid motivator/team builder type at HC who knows what he knows but more importantly knows what he doesnt know.

also if Bruce doesnt display some serious genius in this draft then he needs to be gone, no if ands or buts. I am only saying that because I doubt snyder will fire him this year anyway, so give him a chance and make sure he knows, this is it, this is for his career.
He's been here over ten years.

He's had plenty of chances and has proven over and over he knows nothing on personnel. He should've been fired,along with Jay, last offseason.

It may be time to go a different route convincing Dan to fire Bruce. The one person Dan would listen to is his wife. Someone that has a wife or female confidant in Mrs Snyder's circle needs to act for the good of the team.

Bruce is prepared to block any negativity from head on, wouldn't be expecting Operation Fortitude

I tell you this...there is conspiracy somewhere. Check it out how many of us had parents that made us do stuff we didn't want to do? Hold that thought now!

Allegedly Allen and Snyder are diehard lifelong Redskins fans. Bruce Allen had a dad who possibly spent more time with players than his own family. Perhaps they were Redskins fans, but what if growing up Bruce was bitter towards his dad's absence even though he was a ball boy on the sidelines and what if Dan was a Jewish kid who didn't like sports but his dad made him root for the team anyway. They could have a grudge against the team for being disappointment during Bruce's dad's time here were like this. 1971 Lost to San Francisco 49ers in NFC Divisional Game, 1972 Lost to Miami Dolphins in Super Bowl VII, 1973 Lost to Minnesota Vikings in NFC Divisional Game, 1974 Lost to Los Angeles Rams in NFC Divisional Game
1975 3rd in NFC East, 1976 Lost to Minnesota Vikings in NFC Divisional Game.
1977 2nd in NFC East.

The Cowboys won 2 SBs from 71 to 77. Closet Cowboys fans and Redskins haters!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.