• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2010 Hall of Fame game (Canton)

The Mayor

The Cheerleader
Reaction score
The NFL has not announced the participants in the 2010 HOF Game as of yet.

The Redskins played in that game in 2004 (Gibbs 1st year back) and we also played in 2008 (Jim Zorns 1st year).

If you recall, in Steve Spurriers 1st year, we played in Japan.

The common theme here, everytime the Redskins hire a new coach, the league awards us 5 Preseason game.

That being said, we have a new coach this year, and we have a Redskins being inducted.

Last year 2 AFC teams played in the HOF Game.

My guess is the NFL selects us, and the San Fran 49ers to play in 2010.

We wont play the Cowboys since we play them twice every year, and we do not play San Fran in the 2010 regular season.

How can this not happen?

Man - I hope you are off on that prediction.

Don't get me wrong - I roadtripped out with Blade in 2004 for the HOF game - that was an awesome trip, especially since the excitement for Gibbs return was building. Funny story - we saw Sonny Jurgensen come out of a trailer in some far corner of the stadium parking lot and climb onto a platform getting ready to do a TV spot. No one else noticed him, so we go over, and I break out my camera. Sonny's got this giant stogie..and he spots us.

He gets this sneer on his face and yells 'You can take my picture but I ain't signin' ****!'. I told him he was only making me love him more.

Personally, I wish they'd knock preseason down to 2 games. Every year, it seems like more players get hurt. It just isn't worth it. There's nothing that happens in the extra pre-season games that couldn't be accomplished in some light scrimmages. Unfortunately, I think the NFL like's it's pre-season revenue too much to do a damn thing about it.

My guess is it will be either the Cardinals or 49ers versus an AFC team. Don't they historically have a NFC and AFC team in HOF game?

I think it'll be Dallas and San Fran.

I went to the 08 game and we had a blast until that stupid horse from the colts shot us with silly string and I got in trouble with the fuzz for throwing it back and thumping him in the head with it...

Have you ever thought about trying Buddism? ;)

we saw Sonny Jurgensen come out of a trailer in some far corner of the stadium parking lot and climb onto a platform getting ready to do a TV spot. No one else noticed him, so we go over, and I break out my camera. Sonny's got this giant stogie..and he spots us.

He gets this sneer on his face and yells 'You can take my picture but I ain't signin' ****!'. I told him he was only making me love him more.

Don't feel bad. Sonny is pretty much a douche. Last time I was at the park during Gibbs I was in 91. I had gotten some of the B&W publicity photos to get signed. One of the old employees gave me a picture of Sonny and walked me through the building until we found him. He wasn't doing anything, so I asked him "Hey Mr Jurgenson, my Dad was a big fan of yours. Would you mind signing this for him?

He didn't say a word, snatched it out of my hand, scribbled on it, handed it back and walked away. Dick

ANyway, later on Mr Cooke took us out to the field to watch practice. It was rainy and ****ty and Mr Cooke told one of the assistants, "Go get these folks some chairs and unbrellas" So we're sitting on the sideline with Mr Cooke, high and dry, and I turn around and see Sonny up against the building, standing in the doorway that led to the locker room trying to stay out of the rain and not doing a very good job.

I smiled and waved to him. Karma's a bee-otch:)

I generally think four preseason games are at least one too many, but as a Redskins fan I have no problem with a 5th preseason game this year should the HOF come calling. I suspect Shananan, Allen, Haslett and company would make good use of the extra week and extra "live" playing time both for Season 1 player evaluation and system installation.

Lots of work to do even getting the starters up to speed and ready to go ... in a transition year like this, finding time to get the end of the bench guys on film will be that much harder. That last preseason game might be the difference between identifying the unexpected FA or late-rounder who emerges from the pack once the bright lights come on.

And anyway, we're going to have those jazzy new uniforms to gawk at, right? Need at least one extra week to assimilate. :)

Bengals is a weird one. I thought they always put the team affiliated with the HOF honoree.

Maybe for Dick LeBeau, who was D coordinator and held other coaching positions with the Bengals for many years. Still, not a good selection in my mind.

Maybe for Dick LeBeau, who was D coordinator and held other coaching positions with the Bengals for many years. Still, not a good selection in my mind.

Totally forgot about his history with the Bengals. Looking back at past games it also looks like they try to setup a AFC/NFC matchup:

August 1, 1998 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30, Pittsburgh Steelers 6

August 9, 1999 Cleveland Browns 20, Dallas Cowboys 17, OT

July 31, 2000 New England Patriots 20, San Francisco 49ers 0

August 6, 2001 St. Louis Rams 17, Miami Dolphins 10

August 5, 2002 New York Giants 34, Houston Texans 17

August 4, 2003 Kansas City Chiefs 9, Green Bay Packers 0

August 9, 2004 Washington Redskins 20, Denver Broncos 17

August 8, 2005 Chicago Bears 27, Miami Dolphins 24

August 6, 2006 Oakland Raiders 16, Philadelphia Eagles 10

August 5, 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers 20, New Orleans Saints 7

August 3, 2008 Washington Redskins 30, Indianapolis Colts 16

August 9, 2009 Tennessee Titans 21, Buffalo Bills 18 (last year was two AFC :) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.