• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Things, They Are A Changing

Moses was talking about "change" as in cash El. That's all these folks care about.

Belichick would have brought in competition for Moses after his performance the past couple of years.

He has regressed mightily from 2015 and 2016 when he signed a new deal.

You simply can't win on offense with the penalties.

Most penalized OL in the NFL last year and doing it again in 2019.

In regards to the o-line I'm curious on what the dynamic is going forward. Phil Rauscher is listed as the assistant, so I guess it's his line now?

Callahan having to refocus the team makes ya wonder just how bad practice habits were under Jay

The Redskins throwing the ball 35-40 times a game with these quarterbacks is suicide.

So, I think what Callahan is saying is he wants to make things easier on the offense as a whole by accentuating the running game inside with Peterson or outside with Thompson and then use short passes to the RBs and TEs to set up makeable third downs.

What I find amusing is that there are already critics out there before the guy has coached one game.

I suppose those people who saw a roster they were expecting to go 1-15 to transform because there is an interim coach.

The most he can do is promote better execution and recognize the limitations on what his team can and can't do.

This team is not talented enough to be a quick strike offense as Jay dreamed of because neither Colt nor Case are good deep throwers.

Missing on all those long passes put the team in second and tens and third and tens which only resulted in mistakes.

The Redskins throwing the ball 35-40 times a game with these quarterbacks is suicide.

So, I think what Callahan is saying is he wants to make things easier on the offense as a whole by accentuating the running game inside with Peterson or outside with Thompson and then use short passes to the RBs and TEs to set up makeable third downs.

What I find amusing is that there are already critics out there before the guy has coached one game.

I suppose those people who saw a roster they were expecting to go 1-15 to transform because there is an interim coach.

The most he can do is promote better execution and recognize the limitations on what his team can and can't do.

This team is not talented enough to be a quick strike offense as Jay dreamed of because neither Colt nor Case are good deep throwers.

Missing on all those long passes put the team in second and tens and third and tens which only resulted in mistakes.

Is Case that bad of a deep thrower? Colt has some issues with the long ball (although on the plus side, he at least gets some air under it; just the strength has lacked), but I thought I remember a few that Case threw on the Vikings that were good.

My read on some of the issues has been more that you don't have 3 seconds or even 5 seconds with the lack of creativity on the game planning (plays that set up other plays properly), or the OL quality.

Case is like 1 for 5 on those deep balls to McLaurin and Quinn.

He can throw deep but has limited accuracy.

Colt can't even get the ball in the vicinity.

It's funny to me that Gruden kept harping on how Case and by default Dwayne limited what he could run.

But how about Colt? He knows the plays but can't physically execute them.

Those limitations shortened the playbook as well on Sundays.

Against NE Colt was abominable.

Those 15-20 yard passes sailed over receivers heads or out of bounds.

I gotta admit. I have been pleasantly surprised with what I have seen and heard this week.

Simplifying the offense.
Commitment to running the ball.
Conditioning.
Callahan actually looks like he is enjoying it too. Good for him.

Maybe I'm a sucker, but I gotta say, so fat so good.

Case is like 1 for 5 on those deep balls to McLaurin and Quinn.

He can throw deep but has limited accuracy.

Colt can't even get the ball in the vicinity.

It's funny to me that Gruden kept harping on how Case and by default Dwayne limited what he could run.

But how about Colt? He knows the plays but can't physically execute them.

Those limitations shortened the playbook as well on Sundays.

Against NE Colt was abominable.

Those 15-20 yard passes sailed over receivers heads or out of bounds.

While McCoy doesn't have the arm to be a deep ball thrower, I think Keenum's arm while far from elite, is adequate to make those throws downfield. It's beside the point however when the QBs protection is breaking down and they barely have time to make intermediate throws, much less have the time to go deep with it. Some of that has been injury-related with Williams out and Scherff and Roullier missing time and others like Moses underperforming. But our OL has sucked. And their run blocking has been even worse than their pass protection.

We may be able to run on Miami - but we'll see how that plan goes when we aren't playing one of the worst teams in the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.