• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

immediate changes I want to see

Against Miami, the 1st false start by one of our olinemen, results in removing them from the field for the rest of that series. And then sitting out the next series.

I think it's close to impossible to make a full switch in the midst of a season.
Especially since the same group that can't coach/teach the 3-4, would be the ones trying to now teach/coach the 4-3.
Next offseason is the time for that.

So, please don't give up on Callahan too soon.

Gibbs made a 180 on the offense when he tried to implement Air Coryell style offense that wasn't working, and started running Riggins. He saw almost immediate success in the middle of season.

I agree. And we should continue to make ‘fit' changes here.

What is not here is Joe Theismann, John Riggins, Art Monk, Jeff Bostic, Russ Grimm and Joe Jacoby.

Gibbs not only played to his players strengths but he had some great players to work with.

Now if Callahan has a 25 year old Adrian Peterson and we had two HOF caliber OL then things would be a lot easier 😎

Gibbs made a 180 on the offense when he tried to implement Air Coryell style offense that wasn't working, and started running Riggins. He saw almost immediate success in the middle of season.

Well duh! You ignored the part where I said this....
"Especially since the same group that can't coach/teach the 3-4, would be the ones trying to now teach/coach the 4-3."

Also, if memory serves me, Joe's Air Coryell was moving the ball up and down the field. But they couldn't seem to score. And, they weren't winning. But it wasn't some colossal failure either.

Well duh! You ignored the part where I said this....
"Especially since the same group that can't coach/teach the 3-4, would be the ones trying to now teach/coach the 4-3."

Also, if memory serves me, Joe's Air Coryell was moving the ball up and down the field. But they couldn't seem to score. And, they weren't winning. But it wasn't some colossal failure either.

Didn't he start out 0-5?

Just busting chops old timer.

1- scrap the 3-4, I dont care if we run a simplified 4-3 I want to see what players are worth keeping so we need to tell our young guys " get out there, play football and earn a job for next year because we will be watching to see who mails it in.

2- play some different coverages, mix it up back there. give the young guys field time. know there will be mistakes but let the guys know, if you screw up, screw up at a 100 miles an hour, no hesitation plays.

3-on offence focus on running the ball mix in some play action and max pro, protect Haskins and let him know we dont expect him to throw 50 times a game, we just want him to show us some improvement.

4- start raiding other teams practice rosters, start looking at CFL guys, start bringing in anyone who even maybe could help us improve.

5- for next year, start looking at young coaches who have fresh minds, but have some experience, take a risk but not a huge one. thats how we found gibbs and pettitbon, you go after guys who are at the beginning of their careers but who have shown they will bust ass and learn.

6 be honest with the fans, we know we suck, but it would be nice to hear " we are building"

Looks like you got much of your wish list, to come true in just a matter of a couple months

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.