• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who will be the new Head Coach

stevenaa

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
I'm really clueless when it comes to potential candidates. If you had your way, and the lunacy of this organization isn't a factor in a candidates decision, who would you like to see as the new HC?

I'm firmly in the 'who the hell cares?' camp right now.

I hate that I am where I am psychologically and emotionally, but I just have no residual hope or belief that anything in Ashburn is ever, ever going to change. I don't know that Bill Belichick could come and succeed in this organization. It's that bad.

A hard nosed disciplinarian who believes in preparation and accountability.

Who that is, I have no idea.

Mark me down as a team Bieniemy backer

Bruce HAS to be part of the release program first though

Far too early to speculate on that front, who knows, and I'm kinda with Boone a bit, right now who cares.

In a perfect world, it would be...………… Bill Callahan.

Just imagine.
With a new DC, who is more aggressive on gameday.
A pared down, simplified, run heavy offense, and the team finishes 10-1 to make the playoffs...………..

First things first...who's going to be the defensive coordinator from now til seasons end? I'm hoping BC is giving Manusky a quota against the fish. Like hold their ass to under 200 yards and 10 points or you're gone too bitch

Al Galdi asked a great question - why is the interim head coach being given the authority to retain or fire staff?

Good chance Callahan is in his last year here. No way he should be deciding who else stays or goes in this situation.

Disagree. In order to give him a legit shot at the job, he should get control of who the staff is. as should any HC.

Getting rid of Manusky eliminates the 2nd part in the triad of suck though. If Callahan is afforded that glorious assignment of firing Manusky that leaves only Brucifer to exercise. We may need a young priest and an old priest when that time comes though.

Disagree. In order to give him a legit shot at the job, he should get control of who the staff is. as should any HC.

I am operating under the assumption that Callahan is not, and is aware he is not, a candidate for the Head Coaching gig. If that's wrong - I would agree with you. I think this would've been discussed when they asked him to be the interim guy. I would really hope that they were honest with him that he would not be under consideration - because I think that's the truth of the matter.

Well, even if it's only for show, it does tell the rest of the team that Callahan is in charge. He needs that authority to do the job.

If Mike Tomlin is hired as the Head Coach of this team, I really am done. I swear the Steelers would have had 2 more Super Bowls if not for the dumb mistakes Tomlin made...like true head scratchers. I have die hard Steelers friends who hate him! Hate HIM!

I don't know enough about Eric Bieniemy, but he has been passed over for 3 or 4 years now as coaches like Matt LeFluer, Kliff Kingsbury, and Doug Marrone get jobs. What does that say?

It would never happen, because all Snyder cares about is a high flying offense, but we need a hard nosed DC like we should have hired 6 years ago in Zimmer.

I would not be opposed to bringing in Todd Bowles, and paring him with a Kevin O'Connell, or some other young dynamo. Bowles was given 2 chances in terrible organizations, and I'd only want to see it here if he was given a new GM hired with the consultation of Gibbs.

Callahan know these coaches and which ones need to go.

Why not get started on the house cleaning?

I hope nobody is suggesting that Manusky or Ryan needs to stay until February 2020 ðŸ'¿

Many are linking us to Tomlin but dude hasnt even been fired yet, if at all.

Does anyone trust Tomlin to be the GM as well as the HC?

If he is available that's what he is going to want.

That hasn't worked out too well in the past.

Marty took bust WR Rod Gardner with his #1 pick and passed on Santana Moss who went to the Jets one pick later.

Joe came in and we gave up a HOF corner and a #2 pick for Portis.

With Bruce and Dan maneuvering Shanahan we ended up with a washed up McNabb and then a generational mistake in trading a ransom of picks for Griffin.

These name coaches want full control but outside of Parcells and Belichick I don't see them being successful doing both jobs.

Joe came in and we gave up a HOF corner and a #2 pick for Portis.

That wasn't really Joe's fault. Said corner had an ultimatum to get out of DC. I'm not sure about the negotiation though, that's true. Probably overvalued Portis in the negotiation.

That wasn't really Joe's fault. Said corner had an ultimatum to get out of DC. I'm not sure about the negotiation though, that's true. Probably overvalued Portis in the negotiation.

The CB isn't Joe's fault but signing off on tossing in a #2 sure was. But then Joe was never the biggest fan of rookies. He liked to let other teams take the risk in the draft and then pick up guys once they had proven they could play in the league.

But my point remains that a big name like Tomlin would want total control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.