Round 1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Who will be the new Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Win4us View Post
    Well this is the redskins we're talking about. Our curve is probably closest to several camels lined up, some deformed, some upside down and most facing the wrong way. The bend will just keep bending until the Bruce is drawn and quartered, I mean released from duty
    Can't get a funny tweet to post. oh well!
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Florida State

Once again, we're faced with the reality of the complete destruction of this once proud organization. As I was thinking about a new head coach, and preparing to do some research...or what limited research this internet fan can do on Google...I was struck with a sign of how poor this organization is.

However, it shows that the new head coach does not necessarily have to be from a successful organization, even though I don't know any of those coaches on teams like Cleveland, Arizona, Tampa or the other teams who have lingered about in this league as we have.

Right now there are 3 young coaches having success in the NFL who were under the Skins' umbrella. Once they were no longer blanketed by our stench, they have gone out and seen some success on their own...and yes, I know it's still early with LaFluer.

I have looked at every NFL coaching staff to see who I know, who is in the news, who has been considered in the past to see who is available from every team.

Names like Eric Bieniemy, Brian Shottenheimer, Mike Tomlin, and many others are being thrown out there. Of those names and the many more I've seen, the more I'd like to see Jim Schwartz get his 2nd coaching gig right here in DC.

Now, I know some will scoff at that name, and I understand...he didn't have a lot of success in Detroit, but my question is...who does? Well...he had some success there, with limited talent.

Of course, it would have to be more than just a smart, tough nosed defensive coach, who was prone to mistakes in his 1st gig.

First, I'd hope his propensity for mistakes have been corrected after being fired and winning a Super Bowl under a damned good coach. I think Doug Peterson is one of the best in the game, and Schwartz has run a very good defense under him. Maybe Schwartz has been able to see some of the things he did in Detroit don't work.

Second, we'd need to build an incredible supporting cast to help eliminate his indiscretions. I think this would require a veteran offensive coordinator, not some young phenom to start. Although I think he's changed some given his experience with Pederson, Schwartz strikes me as the type of guy who I'd think might need a strong personality to keep him in check if he were to go off the rails. I think his experience of being fired, and coming back as a coordinator may have helped his maturity.

6 years ago when Gruden was hired, I wanted Zimmer. I am convinced we need one of the best defensive minds in football. I knew that Snyder would choose Gruden because I am convinced he is sold on the idea that offense will sell more than anything else...if only he understood that winning sells more than anything!

With another chance at this...I'm hoping to see Jim Schwartz as the new head coach. I'm hoping together with the newly structured front office, they will decide on a solid a seasoned, successful offensive coordinator with some hungry young assistants looking to make a name for themselves. think the league is reverting to defense first and the past few Super Bowls suggest the same., New England, Philthy, Seattle, Denver, and Baltimore all won Super Bowls in the last 10 years as a result of their great defense...even the Saints had a top ranked defense when they won, although that team was definitely an offensive team.
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

2016 BGO FF Champion
    BGObsessed

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    Can't get a funny tweet to post. oh well!
    I had to get official BGO tweet training from Boone on this subject.

When you click on a tweet you're looking for the long # sequence at the end of the address bar

Example: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...24793146544140

Copy only the # at the end (1191424793146544140) and on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of your created post you'll see a blue bird icon. Click it and you get brackets on your post like so

Put your cursor in the middle and paste the 20 or so digit sequence in the center of the brackets.

Note: The sequence # usually only pops up when you click on the original tweet, sometimes you have to refresh the page to see it like the example above

Apologies if I've confused you, the mods could probably explain it much better if I've added to the confusion
    0 0 0 0

“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us. They can’t get away this time.” - Chesty Puller

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

the first coach they are going to call I can guarantee you is going to be Nick Saban.

Snyder is always after the sexiest choice and the biggest names. In that regard Gruden was a bit of an anomaly because Snyder trusted Bruce on that call.

If the team strikes out on Saban as expected, then they will be in on any big name NFL coach that is available.

If that fails as one might expect, then you are looking at failed coaches who have a name but might have burped in their last spot in the NFL.

So, that puts guys like Todd Bowles, Gregg Williams in play.

And if Bruce Allen returns don't eliminate Bill Callahan.

Callahan and Bruce go back 20 plus years to the Raiders and Bruce knows he can count on Bill to be a good soldier.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Win4us View Post
    I had to get official BGO tweet training from Boone on this subject.

When you click on a tweet you're looking for the long # sequence at the end of the address bar

Example: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...24793146544140

Copy only the # at the end (1191424793146544140) and on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of your created post you'll see a blue bird icon. Click it and you get brackets on your post like so

Put your cursor in the middle and paste the 20 or so digit sequence in the center of the brackets.

Note: The sequence # usually only pops up when you click on the original tweet, sometimes you have to refresh the page to see it like the example above

Apologies if I've confused you, the mods could probably explain it much better if I've added to the confusion
    roger! wilco! got it! ok! right on!

oh yea...thnx!
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Coast Guard North Carolina

I'm going with Bulldog on his latter comment. If Bruce Allen is still here which I bet he is then Bill Callahan is HC next year.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    the first coach they are going to call I can guarantee you is going to be Nick Saban.
    I was thinking Urban Meyer since he is available.

I just don't see Saban taking on an NFL rebuild. He's been there...I think he likes having the opportunity to recruit and not have to deal with selecting players in an ordered fashion.
    0 3 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

2016 BGO FF Champion
    Ugly American

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Urban Meyer, FTW.
    0 0 0 0

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen"

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Michigan State

Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    Urban Meyer, FTW
    I think you mean FTCM.
    0 0 0 0

Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.

NFL Pickem Champion 2015

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Saw some folks on Twitter today suggesting that the Redskins should think about hiring Marvin Lewis.

To those folks I say: So you are really wanting to go for the final kill shot on the fanbase?

What is wrong with people?
    0 1 0 0

Coaches change,players change. The on field product never changes.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Coast Guard North Carolina

We need JESUS...lots of miracles are needed here.
    0 0 0 0

"As long as I own this football team and long after I'm gone, they will always be the Washington Redskins."
    Jack K. Cooke

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Florida State

I will say it again after watching how well his defense did against the Patriots...Jim Schwartz deserves another chance at a head coach position...as long as he has a structured front office. I believe that guy can win in this league.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whoever is hired...they have to be strong enough to stand up to the front office. But that is precisely the sort of individual DS does not want in his employ.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Michigan State

0 1 0 0

Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Virginia

Thinking Greg Roman could get a call. Ditto for Nick Siriani.
    0 0 0 0

The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

NFL Pickem Champion 2017 BGO Ballers Champion 2018
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    High Point

Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    Whoever is hired...they have to be strong enough to stand up to the front office. But that is precisely the sort of individual DS does not want in his employ.
    It's hard to disagree with this, but I think what's more important is that they can be a leader to the players on the field. We know the MO of this owner and front office that they won't hire someone who is a leader and has a backbone. Since that person may stand up to them and that's not what they want. But watching the team this year, they are a leaderless group that under performs. The coaches never get the most out of the players. I think they need someone who can get the most from them. That can put them in a position to succeed. That's the biggest thing I see missing and that has nothing to do with the coach's relationship to the front office.
    0 1 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Army

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    I will say it again after watching how well his defense did against the Patriots...Jim Schwartz deserves another chance at a head coach position...as long as he has a structured front office. I believe that guy can win in this league.
    It's hard to see him winning to me. In 13 years as a DC, he only had a top 15 defense twice. And as a HC, he has a worse record than Jay Gruden.
    0 0 0 0

[F.K.A. Extreme] The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.