• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jay Gruden has been fired.

Where do the 6 wins come from?

Dolphins, Jets, maybe Giants rematch.

I see 3, maybe 4 wins.

Where do the 6 wins come from?

Dolphins, Jets, maybe Giants rematch.

I see 3, maybe 4 wins.

You cannot discount the Dallass game simply because we are not good, 1-15 Cowboys.

I would not surprised if we only win 3 of 4, but we play the Jets and the Bengals, too...both of whom look awful.

ith Callahan taking over the reigns, I see the players getting more serious. I've already heard some of the players unwilling to play through injuries are already ready to get back in. Gruden was just as toxic as Allen, and the players knew that.

Players crying for Gruden were happy having the staff go easy on them.

That's always the case.

Veterans were crying when Jack Pardee was fired by Cooke.

They knew things were going to change.

This team will be more competitive when it better prepares for Sunday.

Gruden's mistake ridden regime showed no one was in charge of the store.

You can't tell me a team that racks up 10 penalties and can't execute without holding is running clean practices.

Bruce is Bruce. He tells Snyder it's all going to be OK and happier times are around the corner.

It seems obvious now that Snyder thought Gruden was the only problem on the team.

It's all great now 🤡

Bruce is Bruce. He tells Snyder it's all going to be OK and happier times are around the corner.

It seems obvious now that Snyder thought Gruden was the only problem on the team.

It's all great now ������

It's amazing just how out of touch ownership is with it's fanbase.

If you were supposedly a Redskins fan growing up,lived through the Glory Years etc...and were able to buy your childhood team, wouldn't it bother you in the slightest that hardly any Redskins fans come to see your team?

I find it fascinating that that doesn't bother him.

The fact that he couldn't even be bothered to speak to his teams' fan base today means he either doesn't possess the cajones to own this mess or he just doesn't care about the fan base anymore.

If you were supposedly a Redskins fan growing up,lived through the Glory Years etc...and were able to buy your childhood team, wouldn't it bother you in the slightest that hardly any Redskins fans come to see your team?

The fact that he couldn't even be bothered to speak to his teams' fan base today means he either doesn't possess the cajones to own this mess or he just doesn't care about the fan base anymore.

I vote the latter. The danny appears to be happy with just the league revenue sharing money filling his wallet these days

Well...isn't he a Scientologist? They believe in Thetans.

It's more and more clear just what a disaster Gruden was. This team was devoid of leadership. While we won't be world beaters, I do believe the on field product this year can be much better than we've seen. No idea if Callahan has the stones to get it done, but he seems to have a plan in mind to get the players under control.

Hopefully, at the very least, O'Connell will get the opportunity to call plays. Ironic since McVay earned the moniker "Wrong Play McVay" when it was really Jay calling the plays all that time.
Mcvay called the plays his last 2 years here

Should've never had Gruden to start the year anyway in a lame duck season, I also think since he knew this he didn't give a damn at the end of the day. But for now it's progress.

I think you are right looking back the team quite on him at the end of last season. May not have been evident from first glance.

The writing's been on the wall for a long time. I would have fired the guy after the 2014 season, he was in over his head from day one. Allen and Snyder withstanding, the guy never had what it takes to be a head coach. He lacked the professionalism, wisdom, experience or flexibility to do this job well. He was another system guy (see my sig) and he has never once shown (me at least) that he was professional, mature or knowledgeable enough to be the head coach.

Now among the many other things Allen should be criticized for is not recognizing that before he even hired the guy. He's the next Bob Uecker, he should be a punch line in a beer commercial, not coaching a professional football team. His tenure like Spurrier's was just embarrassing.

I lost hope (and in many ways interest) a few years ago...it won't return as long as Allen is involved.

The writing's been on the wall for a long time. I would have fired the guy after the 2014 season, he was in over his head from day one. Allen and Snyder withstanding, the guy never had what it takes to be a head coach. He lacked the professionalism, wisdom, experience or flexibility to do this job well. He was another system guy (see my sig) and he has never once shown (me at least) that he was professional, mature or knowledgeable enough to be the head coach.

Now among the many other things Allen should be criticized for is not recognizing that before he even hired the guy. He's the next Bob Uecker, he should be a punch line in a beer commercial, not coaching a professional football team. His tenure like Spurrier's was just embarrassing.

I lost hope (and in many ways interest) a few years ago...it won't return as long as Allen is involved.

Allen is the biggest symptom, but all are symptoms of Dan's failed leadership. He has to find the right people and hold them accountable for failure. I accept it's difficult to find the right people. I don't accept that it's hard to hold people accountable for failure that is easily measurable. Allen himself gives us the barometer... owning the record of the team under your stewardship. Dan hides behind Vinny and Bruce, and I think he kind of enjoys that relationship. Maybe it's my lack of visibility into other teams (very, very likely!), but I just don't get the feeling that an owner is tied at the hip to his "second in command" the way Dan always seems to be with his (first Vinny, now Bruce). Going to dinners seemingly frequently together, investments... I just don't know who that is for many other owners, and maybe it's my lack of visibility there. It just seems like Dan's "second in command" here is "Dan's buddy" first as a job. I've seen that happen in companies many times, usually with an empowered executive who ultimately has his "buddy" (and eventually himself) get fired. The problem here is, this is the owner.

Anyway, that's my take, just reading what I can see. It's not a lot to go on, but that is how I interpret some of the evidence... could be wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.