• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Post-Game Skins Quotes 10/6/19: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

REDSKINS HEAD COACH JAY GRUDEN

On injuries:
“Quinton Dunbar had a hamstring stinger. [T] [Donald] Penn, hamstring. [TE] [Jerome] Cunningham was in concussion evaluation process.”

On the momentum shift in the second half:
“They took the opening drive and ripped it down our throats and made it 19-7. We came back, had a nice drive going. We got a first down, got another first down. We got a hand to the face, backed us up. They took the drive down and scored. It's hard to come back against those guys 26-7.”

On QB Colt McCoy's performance:
“I think he rushed a couple things early in the game and rightfully so. We had trouble picking up some stuff, which we have practiced and worked with, worked against all week, all year. So, it's an unfair evaluation right now. I gotta check out the protection first. But, he handled some things pretty well I think. We have to do a better job around him, we have to give him better plays, we have to play better around him. For him, any quarterback in this offense or any offense to succeed, we have got to have strong performances by others.”

On the defense's performance:
“They played pretty good in the first half. They had a great sudden change at the end of the half, they held them to a field goal and kept us right in the game. Then the third quarter, they went touchdown, touchdown, touchdown. We've had really major problems coming out of halftime, and contrary to beliefs, it's not about second half adjustments as much as it's about second half mentality. For whatever reason, we have gotten beaten up in the third and fourth quarter. Penalties, turnovers, lack of third down play-making that killed us.”

On his job security:
“Nobody told me anything and I don't have a concern. I'll just wait and see. If the key works on Monday, I'll keep working. Go attack the Miami Dolphins and plan on getting on first win next week.”

On staff changes moving forward:
“No. This time of the year, you're not going to install a whole new defense or a whole new offense with all the new people we have around here and some of the injuries we have pilling up. Consistency is going to be good. We're going to have to perform better and do a better job.”

On theoretically making staff changes:
“Theoretically, I can make changes everywhere. We're 0-5. We have not played up to par in any phase of football other than special teams. They've been outstanding. Just have to take a look at it tomorrow and see what happens.”

On turning things around this season:
“Yes, I've been provided ample opportunities to succeed around here. I've got good players, I've got a good staff. We just haven't produced on Sundays or Mondays. We gotta do better.”

On Patriots TE Ryan Izzo's touchdown:
“I don't know. I have to look. I have no idea. I just know he was wide open. It was a play-action pass. Somebody might've tripped or got caught up. I don't know, I'll have to wait and see.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.